Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by BeccaCath94
No no dont worry!
Most unis will have closed over the christmas period and only just re-opened and they may not even have seen your application yet due to the time you sent it off.
I sent mine off at the beginning of november and got an offer only a couple of weeks ago so... theres plenty of time!
What did you apply for?

Ok that makes me feel slightly better haha!
I applied for Advertising and Marketing :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Roloo
Ok that makes me feel slightly better haha!
I applied for Advertising and Marketing :smile:

Yeah don't worry :biggrin: You've got until may!
:eek: I was originally looking at doing advertising when i first started thinking about uni but turned towards maths instead.....
What do you want to do after uni?
Reply 582
Yeah don't worry :biggrin: You've got until may!
:eek: I was originally looking at doing advertising when i first started thinking about uni but turned towards maths instead.....
What do you want to do after uni?

Ah cool! I really don't get on with maths haha I was so relieved when I dropped it after GCSE :tongue:

In all honesty I'm not entirely sure. Obviously I want to work within the advertising & marketing field but I'm kind of hoping that during my time at uni I shall find out what I am best at within it haha!

Do you have any plans for after uni?
Original post by Roloo
Ah cool! I really don't get on with maths haha I was so relieved when I dropped it after GCSE :tongue:

In all honesty I'm not entirely sure. Obviously I want to work within the advertising & marketing field but I'm kind of hoping that during my time at uni I shall find out what I am best at within it haha!

Do you have any plans for after uni?

Awww :frown: Maths is like marmite....i love it!! :tongue:

Yeah thats what i thought. Its a narrow field to go into in these tough times.... but i'm sure you'll do great!! Yeah i'm sure those 3 years will help decide :smile: Is lancaster your favourite choice?

No idea really!! hehe I'm doing some language modules too so maybe..... not a teacher!
Reply 584
I've got an offer from Lancaster to study English with Creative writing (woo!) anyone doing that at the moment and have anything worth sharing about the uni or course? I'm a bit torn between Lancaster and Nottingham Trent :/
Yeah :biggrin:
No i'll put another down as well. Lancaster will be my insurance (Sadly) and leeds my firm if i get an offer, or sheffield if not (but then i dont even have an offer from there yet so!!) I can't really say until i have all my offers.... :smile:
Yeah i think so. Not many people have an offer from leeds for maths yet so...

Ahh well, let me know! But you like Leeds/Sheffield don't you? :smile:
That's good then. School should be interesting once all the offers start coming in properly... Either lots of happy people or lots of upset people. :s-smilie:
Original post by DoubleNegative
Ahh well, let me know! But you like Leeds/Sheffield don't you? :smile:
That's good then. School should be interesting once all the offers start coming in properly... Either lots of happy people or lots of upset people. :s-smilie:

Yeah i do :smile: And I will do :smile:
Yeah it should although quite a few people already have offers at my school - esp oxbridge...
At home I can get a dry cut for about £12 but I have yet to find somewhere as cheap as this in Lancaster. Could you please recommend somewhere where a girl with very long hair could get a trim cheaply?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 588
Awww :frown: Maths is like marmite....i love it!! :tongue:

Yeah thats what i thought. Its a narrow field to go into in these tough times.... but i'm sure you'll do great!! Yeah i'm sure those 3 years will help decide :smile: Is lancaster your favourite choice?

No idea really!! hehe I'm doing some language modules too so maybe..... not a teacher!

Haha I guess you love it more if you are actually good at it...Which I certainly am not :P

Yeah it is extremely narrow haha but my logic behind that is that most companies need some sort of advertising and marketing related thing so job wise I could possibly be ok, and I didn't really want to do a non vocational degree mainly because after being in schooling for nearly 14 years I wanted to do something completely different from core subjects haha! Plus I'm obviously interested in Advertising+Marketing anyway :biggrin:

Yup Lancs is my top, it's hard to find other unis that actually do the flipping course!! I wasn't exactly spoilt for choice. My other choices are Bournemouth (Got an offer for), Northampton (Got an offer for), Lincoln (Got an offer for) and Falmouth, which I need an interview for but they haven't got back to me yet haha.

Yeah I don't want to be a teacher either :P Worst idea for me ever I'd end up screaming and swearing at children!
Original post by Roloo
Haha I guess you love it more if you are actually good at it...Which I certainly am not :P

Yeah it is extremely narrow haha but my logic behind that is that most companies need some sort of advertising and marketing related thing so job wise I could possibly be ok, and I didn't really want to do a non vocational degree mainly because after being in schooling for nearly 14 years I wanted to do something completely different from core subjects haha! Plus I'm obviously interested in Advertising+Marketing anyway :biggrin:

Yup Lancs is my top, it's hard to find other unis that actually do the flipping course!! I wasn't exactly spoilt for choice. My other choices are Bournemouth (Got an offer for), Northampton (Got an offer for), Lincoln (Got an offer for) and Falmouth, which I need an interview for but they haven't got back to me yet haha.

Yeah I don't want to be a teacher either :P Worst idea for me ever I'd end up screaming and swearing at children!

True!! I have gone off essay writing a lot too so maths is good :biggrin:
Its satisfying if you can solve the questions :smile:

Ahhh that sounds like a very good plan/logic!! I dont blame you wanting to do something new!! :tongue:

Hahaha thats a bit of a problem then!! For maths and german there was only about 15 to choose from so it narrowed my choices :smile:
Ooh wow! Well done :biggrin:

Hahahah same!! I cant look after myself never mind other people!
Yeah i do :smile: And I will do :smile:
Yeah it should although quite a few people already have offers at my school - esp oxbridge...

Really? All but two have been rejected from my school, and they've been pooled. :s-smilie: It's been really low this year for us. :/
Really? All but two have been rejected from my school, and they've been pooled. :s-smilie: It's been really low this year for us. :/

Aww :frown:
Ours seems pretty high...
Aww :frown:
Ours seems pretty high...

Found out today they've all been rejected! Last year there was three or four offers. :s Obviously something went wrong somewhere. :/
Found out today they've all been rejected! Last year there was three or four offers. :s Obviously something went wrong somewhere. :/

Oh dear!! :frown:
Reply 594
On campus next year :party:
Reply 595
Original post by cambo211
On campus next year :party:

As am I, but I'm still looking elsewhere, I don't want to be paying £92 a week after renovations. I'm speaking to the Residence Officer to try and get a clause int eh next residence agreement to say that if I find an off-campus place by Easter, then my slot can go to another person or a first year when the demand spikes again.
Oh dear!! :frown:

Yup. :frown:
This has just been posted up on FB. So funny! :biggrin:

Hahahah, I think I'll be applying for an ensuite room after reading that! :tongue:

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows of any Northern Irish people studying at Lancaster? As far as my school year and circle of friends around the country goes I'm one of two people seriously considering going!
Reply 599
Yeah that's definitely a faked notice :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending