The Student Room Group

Which Uni's?

I have decided to do Child Nursing.

I want to study in London preferably and at the moment the places I know do Child Nursing are:

Kings
City University
Middlesex
Kingston
Southbank

Can anyone recommend any of these or comment on these universities?

Or are there any other universities I should be looking at.

Any general advice about the course etc would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Have you looked at any prospectuses etc? Just an idea because alot of places do childrens nursing and the way the course it set out does differ between unis, so having a read of these and going to open days may give you a good idea at where suits you personally. Also think of the hospital in which you could be doing placements.
health professional pre-reg education is pretty much of a muchness because overall outcomes and content are determined by the registration bodies rather than the HEI themselves. Choosing which HEI to attend is more about the methods that HEI uses and the course design ... i.e. block placements + uni vs mixed weeks , small group vs big lecture ( when Sheffield Uni ran pre-reg in SYorks and N trent the vast majority of the teaching was smaller groups ( either the group of 30 or two groups together and for some things half groups ) as an intake we only met all together ( all 300+ people aobut 3 times in the entire course) - there were three different teaching sites for adult branch. Whereas other HEIs routinely have the whole intake or the whole branch in large lectures for some subjects and only have 1 teaching site for the whole patch ....
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest