The Student Room Group

What's the worst present you ever received?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheSownRose
You must have been the strangest child... I would have loved that.

My worst one was actually birthday, and the year I received nothing after it had been given a huge build up. I didn't even want anything, but it had been given such attention and then, on the day, everyone forgot it was my birthday.

:console:

If it makes you feel any better, on my 19th birthday, my brother phoned me and said:

"Happy birthday Andy. Any chance I could borrow 40 quid?"

and I got bugger all off my parents as well. Ah well, not to worry, christmas this year should be better :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Addzter
A certificate saying that I owned land on the moon when I was five. I cried.

Lool aww ! Thats what ill do to my brother haha!
A pen that turned into a knife... I was 10.
Original post by hidden_desire
An electric toothbrush when I was little.

I cried loads :frown: x x

LOL

I wanted one, :mad:
not for xmas, but someone got me a small plastic pig once. i didn't really like it
Original post by andrew1990

If it makes you feel any better, on my 19th birthday, my brother phoned me and said:

and I got bugger all off my parents as well. Ah well, not to worry, christmas this year should be better :smile:

At least he remembered it was your birthday. :wink:

Although strangely, that does make me feel better. Did you lend him the £40?
A satsuma in my stocking :stomp:
Reply 27
Original post by andrew1990

Aww, lol that must of pissed you off bad haha
I got a skateboard for my ps2 once, and I didn't even have any games I could use it on...
Reply 29
Mines nothing to do with christmas but still pretty diabolical. Needs backstory.

I was in a production at my local theatre, and my dressing room and another decided to do a 'Surprise Box' rather than everyone spend loads of money on other people. We were given £20 cap, and you had to wrap your gift up, but it in the box and the gifts were all given out at random during an interval. I spent £19 on a beautiful perfume bottle covered in rose (we had to get something girly), and everyone else opened up their presents and got nice things like expensive haircare products, jewellery, cute show memorobillia (sp?)
I opened mine to find.... a bunch of 'OK' magazines.
Ok... bloody.... magazines.
Probably worth about a fiver in total.

Needless to say no one owned up to buying it. I was pretty pissed.
Reply 30
I received a bowling pin from megabowl for getting 5 strikes in a row, they told me it would be brand new, all shiny and gleaming. It turned out to be all chipped and wasted. I am spoilt.
Reply 31
My ex decided for my birthday she would make a collage of lots of pictures of us together on a huge poster with "together forever" in the middle, and a home made cake(couldnt tell what flavour it was meant to be, it was crap) with "together forever" on it and a card saying to my fiance!, wed been dating for 3 months...
Freaked me out so much
tbf my parents present made up for it (dh bike worth 3k :biggrin:)
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
I wanted one, :mad:

Ahahhahaa LOL. U can have mine :smile: x
Reply 33
Original post by TheSownRose
At least he remembered it was your birthday. :wink:

Although strangely, that does make me feel better. Did you lend him the £40?

Yes I suppose he did. I gave him the money and he never gave me it back, the bastard. Every time I mention it he throws a strop, and I can't really be arsed with his pish, to be honest.

Heres something that'll make you feel even better: my younger brothers brithday (not the one who I gave the money to) got a ****in PS3 for his birthday, which was exactly 13 days before mine.
Reply 34
A lynx gift set. Nice one Grandad.
Reply 35
a pink cardigan. with fur on the front. pink fur. cardigan.

eeew.
Original post by hidden_desire
Ahahhahaa LOL. U can have mine :smile: x

:smile: Is it pink?

I think I have a thick fetish for the colour pink.
Original post by .Scout.
A lynx gift set. Nice one Grandad.

My Grandma once give me a showergel and a teddy at the age of 17 for nothing.

I thought it was quite cute, :colondollar:
Original post by Svenjamin
A pen that turned into a knife... I was 10.

I'd have absolutely loved that! :redface: In fact, I'd love to get one of those now, and I'm in my twenties...
Reply 39
Original post by kim1234567
Mines nothing to do with christmas but still pretty diabolical. Needs backstory.

I was in a production at my local theatre, and my dressing room and another decided to do a 'Surprise Box' rather than everyone spend loads of money on other people. We were given £20 cap, and you had to wrap your gift up, but it in the box and the gifts were all given out at random during an interval. I spent £19 on a beautiful perfume bottle covered in rose (we had to get something girly), and everyone else opened up their presents and got nice things like expensive haircare products, jewellery, cute show memorobillia (sp?)
I opened mine to find.... a bunch of 'OK' magazines.
Ok... bloody.... magazines.
Probably worth about a fiver in total.

Needless to say no one owned up to buying it. I was pretty pissed.

That sounds like a last minute job to me. The person who bought it probably thought "Oh ****e i haven't bought a present for this thing yet." Hard lines. Still, at least you had some bedtime reading :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending