The Student Room Group

Scottish Art School Applicants 2011 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alanainatizzy
Hiya (:
I'm applying to Gray's, GSA, ECA and DJCAD
I'll probably be sending my UCAS away this week.. scary stuff!
Although I'm struggling with what to include in the mini folio, any advice?
Do they mind if we have some school stuff included? (:

I reeeeeally fell in love with GSA, but since it's so hard to get accepted, i doubt i'll even get an interview. I think i'll take the chance anyway though.

Has everyone else sent their applications + mini folios away? x

Not yet!!! Hopefully I'll send UCAS off next week once my tutor has written my reference... I'm beginning to worry that I might miss the deadline :/
Reply 21
Not yet!!! Hopefully I'll send UCAS off next week once my tutor has written my reference... I'm beginning to worry that I might miss the deadline :/

it's quite reassuring i'm not the only one now :P i was beginning to really panic
good luck with it though :smile:
hows the folio coming on? it's difficult knowing what they want to see :frown:
Reply 22
it's quite reassuring i'm not the only one now :P i was beginning to really panic
good luck with it though :smile:
hows the folio coming on? it's difficult knowing what they want to see :frown:

Good luck to you too! :] My folio is more or less done. Since I'm not sure what they want, I'm just putting my best works :] How's yours?
Sent off my GSA efolio today! Now the wait begins...
Reply 24
Sent my UCAS off just cropping and resizing pics before I send them away later this week :smile:
Reply 25
lucky you two : P i hope i'll do that soooooon.................
Original post by tani.
lucky you two : P i hope i'll do that soooooon.................

Yeah, GSA sounds like they're pretty strict about how long you take to send it away afer you've submitted UCAS... But I waited an extra two weeks because I wasn't ready anyway >___> what you applying for?
Reply 27
Sending my ucas away tomorrow!
AHH!
As far as portfolio goes... i've not done a lot tbh, everything i start i think "will they like this?" and makes me less motivated to do it
it's making me wonder whether i should be applying at all..
but i'm going to power ahead hopefully!

how much do they expect in the final folio? and is it A1 or A2 they like?
Reply 28
AHH!
As far as portfolio goes... i've not done a lot tbh, everything i start i think "will they like this?" and makes me less motivated to do it

Good luck, I am sending mine away tomorrow as well. EEP!

Be confident, they like ideas more than anything :smile:
Also they do not mind what size, but I would say A2 is more manageable and easier to look at in an interview (and get on the train/bus without getting bashed about)
Reply 29
I've put a mix of school Advanced Higher expressive stuff, sketchbook stuff and also photography into my Vis Com mini portfolio for GSA.

It's seriously lacking in still life stuff though which Im worried about. It just doesnt interest me but I think they would want to see if you could do it or not? Too late now :s-smilie:

My worry... what do I write in the GSA mini statement???? What have you's written about? I've already covered my influences/inspirations/love of design in my ucas personal statement.
Reply 30
Original post by caiitlinz
Yeah, GSA sounds like they're pretty strict about how long you take to send it away afer you've submitted UCAS... But I waited an extra two weeks because I wasn't ready anyway >___> what you applying for?

I'm applying for fine art at ECA :wink:
Reply 31
AHH!

don't get unmotivated! just select the works that YOU like. I think they're looking for creative people who are not afraid to experiment ;]
Reply 32
I'm just hoping that they like my digital folio so I can get an interview and just go for it then :smile: But if I get rejected... c'est la vie :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by scadoosh
I've put a mix of school Advanced Higher expressive stuff, sketchbook stuff and also photography into my Vis Com mini portfolio for GSA.

It's seriously lacking in still life stuff though which Im worried about. It just doesnt interest me but I think they would want to see if you could do it or not? Too late now :s-smilie:

My worry... what do I write in the GSA mini statement???? What have you's written about? I've already covered my influences/inspirations/love of design in my ucas personal statement.

I haven't got any still life either but as long as you show traditional media handling and observational drawing you'll be fine.
Reply 34
Original post by seanewilson
I'm just hoping that they like my digital folio so I can get an interview and just go for it then :smile: But if I get rejected... c'est la vie :smile:

yeah, I hope so too.. though it'd be even greater if they offered an unconditional without any interviews! haha! anyway, I hope they won't keep us waiting for long... :]
Original post by seanewilson

Yeah, I did feel like this when I wasn't majorly keen on GSA... But now I know more about the course I'm really keen for it. I'm just hoping to get an interview...

In other news: the email I got from GSA said only 10-15 pieces for the portfolio interview. Whaaaaat?!
Reply 36
Yeah, I did feel like this when I wasn't majorly keen on GSA... But now I know more about the course I'm really keen for it. I'm just hoping to get an interview...

In other news: the email I got from GSA said only 10-15 pieces for the portfolio interview. Whaaaaat?!

Yeah I think you only have to put 10 in but I think most put 15, I am :P

Also, I got acknowledgement letters in my email, I know that's not a big deal but I'm so excited every time I get a new email right now haha. ECA, GSA and Gray's all replied but I'm still waiting on DJCAD and Glasgow Cale (Applying for Graphic Design, but if it's the only place I get I'll probably go do a portfolio course.)

And I'm pretty intimidated by the upload websites hahaa.
Reply 37
sent off my UCAS application! FINALLY :woohoo:
Reply 38
Thanks :smile: I'll try not to think about what they want haha
I totally fell in love with GSA, but i can't see myself getting in, but I'll try anyway :smile:
Sent my application away today too!
Getting quite nervous now! Panicing whether I'll get the mini folios in on time ahhhh! :L
See the interviews (apart from DJCAD in april) does anyone know roughly when the interviews are?
x
Reply 39

Igot the impression the 10-15 images was just a guideline. :smile: i suppose its just to make sure people don't overfill their folios with unnecessary work. It wouldn't be the end if the world if you had 16-17?

my tutor's still not sent the ucas away! LORD.

Quick Reply

Latest