The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stray_talk
So when he's 60 he'll look no older than about 30. Not a bad deal :tongue:

Well, he's 56 now, and it's going well so far.
Original post by beckye
I suppose there are some that look quite young, and the scary thing is when you hear those ones talk and wonder how they know so much! I'm not mega tall, so most of my older pupils were taller than me and as I taught a lot of sixth form in my last placement I was always concerned about how old they looked - especially as I don't look my age. They guessed my age as 21! I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended?

Be flattered. :smile:
Is it a long way out?

I am 22, so a guess of 21 would be pretty good. I got IDed yesterday lol - cheered me up as I've been looking rather old due to lack of sleep lately! IDed in M&S buying a gammon joint, broccoli and wine lol! :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
Is it a long way out?

I am 22, so a guess of 21 would be pretty good. I got IDed yesterday lol - cheered me up as I've been looking rather old due to lack of sleep lately! IDed in M&S buying a gammon joint, broccoli and wine lol! :biggrin:

Lol. No teenager would buy broccoli. What were they thinking?
Original post by affinity89
Is it a long way out?

Gotta love those dine in for two £10 deals! :smile:
I've finally got a job! On my 7th interview. On the drive home I decided that, as interviews are so emotionally traumatic, if I hadn't got this one I'd just pack it in and stop applying. But I did =D

The school is lush. I was getting really irked with people being like "you'll find the right school for you" because I would just have taken any job to get my NQT done but it's really true. This is definitely the right school for me. It's amazing!

Sorry to come in here all smug when I know some of you are still looking but I promised I wouldn't brag on Facebook and my phone's lost signal for texting so I just have to let it out somewhere!
Original post by Suzanathema
I've finally got a job! On my 7th interview. On the drive home I decided that, as interviews are so emotionally traumatic, if I hadn't got this one I'd just pack it in and stop applying. But I did =D

The school is lush. I was getting really irked with people being like "you'll find the right school for you" because I would just have taken any job to get my NQT done but it's really true. This is definitely the right school for me. It's amazing!

Sorry to come in here all smug when I know some of you are still looking but I promised I wouldn't brag on Facebook and my phone's lost signal for texting so I just have to let it out somewhere!

That's wonderful news! Well done!

Hooray! Congratulations! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks, both of you :smile:

It is a massive weight off - I put so much effort into this application that a few others I sent off recently are nonsensical - I really thought that if I didn't get this one, no more would come out and that'd be it for the year!
Thanks, both of you :smile:

It is a massive weight off - I put so much effort into this application that a few others I sent off recently are nonsensical - I really thought that if I didn't get this one, no more would come out and that'd be it for the year!

If it's meant to be, it'll not pass you by.

Well done, brag all you want..... you deserve it! I'm super chuffed so you! Wooohoo, time to celebrate!!

Well done. :smile:

Congratulations that's fantastic news! :biggrin:
Reply 1392
I finish the course tomorrow. Now, who wants to employ me?
I will be signed off in 3 hours and 15 minutes! :eek:
Flipping heck Affinity! Get you! Well done! :biggrin:

---

I am officially a qualified teacher! :party:
Original post by balloon_parade

---

Congrats! :biggrin:

To be honest, my STCC isn't the most organised when it comes to paperwork whilst paperwork/organisation is probably my biggest strength lol. Because he isn't fussed about checking things and stuff, a lot of the others in my cluster have been cutting corners. I haven't. I think that is the only reason for the comment. :redface:

---

Congrats :biggrin:

Now begins your NQT :tongue:

---

Hooray!

I've run out of pos rep to give you, but that's fab news!

I have to submit my folder tomorrow. I have loads of printing to do though to ensure there's a hard copy of everything and I am seriously lacking motivation :frown:
Hooray!

I've run out of pos rep to give you, but that's fab news!

I have to submit my folder tomorrow. I have loads of printing to do though to ensure there's a hard copy of everything and I am seriously lacking motivation :frown:

Keep going, you are SO close! :biggrin: Just think of the relaxing you can do afterwards, the things you can do without feeling guilty about what you should be doing! (Well give yourself a break before you start prepping for next year any way!)

Stray_Talk

Now begins your NQT

Bring it on! Although a little downtime (to recover!) would be nice inbetween! :biggrin:
Eek, Suzanathema I saw your post on TES about waiting for an offer letter... I'm on day 6 and still no offer letter so getting a bit worried! They said they would send one.

How long did anyone else who's been offered a job have to wait?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending