The Student Room Group

Would you rather receive bad news on a good or a bad day?

Hi guys!

I just want to know what do you think about this really. Personally, I'd rather receive bad news on a bad day because then it's just another thing that have made my day a crappy one. And I like to receive good news on a good day because it's just another thing that have made my day a good one. I was dicussing this with my friend and she says she'd rather receive good news on a bad day because then it would have made her day and bad news on a good day because then it was the only thing that went bad.

So what do you think? :smile:
Reply 1
On a good day. It's less likely that I'll commit suicide.
Reply 2
i think your horny...
Reply 3
Original post by katyness
Hi guys!

I just want to know what do you think about this really. Personally, I'd rather receive bad news on a bad day because then it's just another thing that have made my day a crappy one. And I like to receive good news on a good day because it's just another thing that have made my day a good one. I was dicussing this with my friend and she says she'd rather receive good news on a bad day because then it would have made her day and bad news on a good day because then it was the only thing that went bad.

So what do you think? :smile:

bad news on a bad day. good news the next day would be gooood :rolleyes:
Bad news on a bad day. I'd rather have a ****ty day, than have a good one and get bad news.

Having said that, it depends on what the news is.
Reply 5
Thanks for the response guys. I see a lot of you agree with me :sexface:
Reply 6
Bad news on a bad day because you're already having a ****ty day so why not make it worse?
Depends what the news is I guess, but probably on a good day, if it were a bad day i'd get really depressed and probably do something I regret.
Every day is a good day for me. :u:
Reply 9
Bad day, gives me another excuse to have a drink at the end of it all.
Bad news on a bad day. Because I want the bad news to go less noticed/ be less of a downer because it's drowned amongst the other bad newses.

Good news also on a bad day. Because I don't want the good news to be lost amongst other good newses! I want it to be really noticeable and pick me up when I'm sad.

Although it depends on how bad the news is. If it's likely to last more than a day (which I guess most would) then perhaps better to happen on a good day because then you won't sink so low in mood that you get kind of stuck there.

Haha perfect summary:

If the news and day are close to each other in extremity - then I would want bad news on a bad day, and good news on a bad day (for reasons above)

If the news is much more extreme than the day - then I would want bad news on a bad day and good news on a bad day (because the news will drown out the day, and so I may as well drown out a bad day)

BUT If the day is much more extreme than the news - then I would want both good and bad news to happen on a good day (because the day will drown out the news, and I would like to drown out bad news with a good day, and not waste good news by receiving it on a bad day that will overwhelm it).

Too much thought has gone into this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
If I get good news, I always expect bad news. It's the pessimist in me.

"Oh, things have been going well. Something crappy is certain to happen now.".

Good news on a bad days. And bad news on good days. Though it depends.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Depends how bad the bad day is and how good the good day is.

For example, a good day, someone you like tells you they're in love with you, then you win the lottery and get voted rear of the year, and then you get some bad news like "your unis have rejected you" then you're like whatever, but if your good day is something like getting to leave college early, then the bus coming to the stop as soon as you get there, the bad news is going to make that good day a bad day.

And if your bad day is you find out you're dying, you watched your mum get gang raped by gorillas and your nan force fed you her faeces the bad news would push you over the edge to suicide, however if your bad day is having to redo your assignment because it wasn't that great and your tights ripping the bad news is just going to make you think "FML" and hope the next day is a better one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending