The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeships 2011

Hi people, I was contacted on 23/12/2010 regarding a HUB interview on 03/02/2011 in Brentwood for the Customer Engineer & Delivery role. I haven't applied for BT in a year so they must of kept my details on file.

Has anyone else been contacted ? Any ideas on what I am to expect from this ?
Anyone one working in an apprenticeship in this role already what is it like ?

Many thanks for your interests.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for it originally as a backup incase I dont get into my chosen Uni's, or just change my mind. I got a phonecall just 2 days after applying, they are forwarding me the details for the hub day soon.

I've spoke to my mate whos on the same apprenticeship, and after reading how hard it is to get into this apprenticeship etc, I'm starting to this that that would be a better option then going to uni.
Reply 2
Go for it, I've been on the BT Apprenticeship scheme since September 2010 and i've no regrets about it.

There are people on our team who have already been to university, plus if you work hard at it, there may still be the oppotunity to do a degree later in the apprenticeship.
Reply 3
Original post by Messy101
Hi people, I was contacted on 23/12/2010 regarding a HUB interview on 03/02/2010 in Brentwood for the Customer Engineer & Delivery role. I haven't applied for BT in a year so they must of kept my details on file.

Has anyone else been contacted ? Any ideas on what I am to expect from this ?
Anyone one working in an apprenticeship in this role already what is it like ?

Many thanks for your interests.

I take it you mean 03/02/2011? If so I'm also attending on that day and am interested if anyone has any experience of HUB days and the dress code, should I wear a suit or shirt and tie?

I applied about this time last year so can only assume they kept our applications on file.
Reply 4
Hmmm they phoned me saying im invited, and they would forward me the details....But today I got a email saying they have got my application and they are reviewing it now :s-smilie:.. but they already have?
Reply 5
i also have a hub day invite for the 21st January 2011 this is for a Customer Engineer & Delivery role but it is for muswell hill london was wondering what the hub day is aout and what you will be doing. my uncle started of as an apprentice and now is in a more senior role his been there for about 30 years now i really want this apprentership because i know i can do well any tips ????????????
Reply 6
Mrfq thank you for pointing that out lol, Are you attending the Brentwood HUB or are you elsewhere?

abbas I have been looking into this for a while but as long as you do well and get into the final interview stage by impressing in the team activities at the start you have a great chance of securing a placement. Can you let us know how your HUB day went and what you had to do after your big day tommorrow please ?
Reply 7
Ive got mine on the 21st feb at Sevenoaks :smile:
Reply 8
I will let you know what to expect Deano. Frow what I have gathered if you get the job you will be driving a company van , recieve a company laptop and company moby. Starting salary of Aprx 12k a year with a 3k pay rise every year provided you work to their standards and if you impress you may get an oppertunity of securing a degree. Dress smart for the interview such as suit or shirt/ blouse (dependent on sex obviously.), Trouser/ Skirt or dress and some smart shoes. The work will be standard hours in trainning working your local area, Once you are at a standard where you can work alone this could well all change to shift work and be in a different area but not somewhere ridiculous like on the overside of the country. If you get the job they will ask for your sizes to get you the correct uniform such as polo t-shirts and trousers so on and so fourth. The actually job entails deliverying and setting up BT equipment in homes and business and dealing with BT cabling so you could well end up at the top of a telephone pole. The reason they have started this scheme out of season for them is their new 40 MB fibre optic role out has opened up many positions to either aid them with this or to fill in for those who are involved in this nationwide project.

Hope I have been of help if anyone has anything to add please do.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Applied for the bt apprenticeship for this year as a technical engineer guy :biggrin:

Im 17 currently at dollege and studying IT, also employed part time at matalan as a GSA.

GCSE Wise, I have 2 A's, 4 B's,2 C's and 2 D's.

Do you think I stand a chance and how can I check my application status?

Im really hoping I get this as its my dream job!

Cheers
Reply 10
Well Slampen, You do have good GCSEs and it helps if you have a full clean driving licence. If so you do have every chance but I would learn for the position you are being considered for at least the job title lol "Customer Engineer and Delivery".

They accepted my application and invited me to a HUB day thing I had fairly poor Gcses but i meet the requirments and got a MP in my IT BTEC course and they accepted me with that and I was quite shocked.

Since then I have one years experience in IT and achieved a professional IT qualification (A+ Comptia computer technician.). So i am very hopefully but they accepted my marks which first hand would appear worse than yours.

I don't know how you check your status but they will email and call you if you are sucessful.
Reply 11
:smile: just had an email saying there reviewing my application!

This would mean so much to me.

Just wondering what sort of questions they ask in the interview?

Cheers
Got a hub day on the 4th of feb for the customer engineer and delivery role in leicester, message me if any ones going to it
Reply 13
Definitely applying for this when I finish my A levels :smile:
Reply 14
Oh dear, am i really late for application now? i don't even know what i want to apply for :/ everyone else seem to have their lives in order. I might be slightly screwed :frown:
Reply 15
Damilola, its worth applying anyway because they will keep your application on file and they will review it when there is a vacancy in your area that is how I got contacted I applied roughly this time last year.
Reply 16
Original post by Messy101
Mrfq thank you for pointing that out lol, Are you attending the Brentwood HUB or are you elsewhere?

abbas I have been looking into this for a while but as long as you do well and get into the final interview stage by impressing in the team activities at the start you have a great chance of securing a placement. Can you let us know how your HUB day went and what you had to do after your big day tommorrow please ?

Yes attending the Brentwood day on 3rd February.

Still not sure on what to wear, suit or just shirt and tie?!

Apart from that looking forward to it!
Reply 17
hey, just saw this!
i applied in November 2010 for the field service engineer apprenticeship. I got invited to a hub day 3 weeks ago, and was told i got the job exactly a week later! Im now all sorted and im starting my training on monday :smile:

If anyone has any questions just ask!
Reply 18
Original post by slampen08
:smile: just had an email saying there reviewing my application!

This would mean so much to me.

Just wondering what sort of questions they ask in the interview?

Cheers

They ask you general interview questions and some stuff on customer service. Just make sure you're really chatty in the group session on the morning and you'll do fine!
I once applied for this no reply even after having my A-levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending