The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
economics and politics... stilllll waiting...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Got my offer For Env.Geoscience a few days ago :] BBC
there must be a lot of applicants for social sciences...why oh why didn't i take up geology :frown:
Nancynance
Where else have you applied? Where's your first choice?
Good choice of subject by the way hehe

Have applied to the following......

Imperial: Geology MSci with a year abroad, ABB
Bristol: Gelogy MSci with study in Europe,
Edinburgh: Geology BSci, BBC
Cardiff: Geology BSci, BBB
Plymouth: Geology BSci, 240pts
UCL: have applied for Geology MSci but want to see if i can now transfer onto the study abroad course. Couldn't apply there straight away as they want 3A's and I'm predicted AAB (Maths, Physics, German).

Yeah Geology's great, but so underated.

Not sure about first choice yet.... will be between Imperial and Bistol (if they want me!!). What about you?
Reply 84
Bottekrank
I've applied for French at Edinburgh and heard nothing so far...I heard they look at people from the local area first, then they move onto others. February is quite a while to wait though!

Woohooo. Hope that's true because I come from edinburgh. I've applied for enviromental geoscience- haven't heard anything back yet but only applied last week. Does anyone know what the chances are of living in the halls of residence if you live in edinburgh??
kay50
Woohooo. Hope that's true because I come from edinburgh. I've applied for enviromental geoscience- haven't heard anything back yet but only applied last week. Does anyone know what the chances are of living in the halls of residence if you live in edinburgh??

i'm not sure. but i think they give the halls to applicants from outside scotland (edinburgh), and whats left they give to people from edingburgh. i presume on 1st come 1st serve basis...so to answer your question: no, not very likely.
Reply 86
burned_out_58
Got my offer For Env.Geoscience a few days ago :] BBC

When did you send your ucas application in? I've also applied to Edinburgh but as of yet heardno reply. I sent mine in on the 28th of November. I did recieve an unconditional from glasgow for earth sciences yesterday.

--------------

uthinkilltellu
i'm not sure. but i think they give the halls to applicants from outside scotland (edinburgh), and whats left they give to people from edingburgh. i presume on 1st come 1st serve basis...so to answer your question: no, not very likely.

Noooooooo. Can't stay with my mum and dad they'll drive me mad!
kay50
When did you send your ucas application in? I've also applied to Edinburgh but as of yet heardno reply. I sent mine in on the 28th of November. I did recieve an unconditional from glasgow for earth sciences yesterday.

--------------

I sent mine on the 9th of November and got my offer on the 6th of December!

I'm hoping that if I apply to Bham I'll get to live in Halls of Residence I don't want to stay at home either :P Though I'd love to come to edinburgh too, I'll probably be putting it down as my insurance.
Reply 88
i sent mine in on the 15th october... still nothing, though i'm not holding my breath with these scottish unis. i accidentally applied for Economics and politics :confused: instead of philosophy economics. hope i'll can get in and change it. stupid barstuard really!
i've sent mine in september.
Reply 90
[QUOTE="burned_out_58"]
kay50

--------------

I sent mine on the 9th of November and got my offer on the 6th of December!

I'm hoping that if I apply to Bham I'll get to live in Halls of Residence I don't want to stay at home either :P Though I'd love to come to edinburgh too, I'll probably be putting it down as my insurance.

I've been invited to Bham for an interview. Not sure if I'm going to take Bham though bcos if I go to uni in Scotland I don't have to pay 3000 a year.
kay50
I've been invited to Bham for an interview. Not sure if I'm going to take Bham though bcos if I go to uni in Scotland I don't have to pay 3000 a year.

Lol yea. I'd love to go to Edinburgh though, the course is pretty good up there too! It's likely to be my insurance though because they have given me the lowest offer out of all 5 out of 6 Uni's so far.
Still don't have an offer from Edinburgh, although my friend, who's studying English got one yesterday.
Bottekrank
Still don't have an offer from Edinburgh, although my friend, who's studying English got one yesterday.
An offer? From Edinburgh? For English? Already?

:eek:

:p:

:redface:
got a rejection from edinburgh for english yest...think they must have done a lot of the english batch recently
Reply 95
OH GOD.... *Is scared to check track*
dont worry quoi sera sera ...if that's how u spell it!
Reply 97
There was nothing there. PHEW, I think?!

Sorry you were rejected
Reply 98

*Bethany*An offer? From Edinburgh? For English? Already?

I'm feeling the same! I sent my form off on 29th September and I haven't head anything from my top three choices (Edinburgh, York and St Andrew - don't offer until after the UCAS application deadline). I'm starting to head more people getting offers for English so now I'm starting to panic :frown: :eek: :confused:
Reply 99
Where else have you applied hezzie?

Am gutted that I couldn't apply to St Andrews. I fell in love with that uni

Latest

Trending

Trending