The Student Room Group

How to spend my time efficiently in the last few days before C1 exam?

Hi guys,

My maths as module exam is on the 10th and I've been revising hard. I've been doing most past papers, writing out notes for all topics, have a tutor and getting help where I need it. It's probably a useless thread as I'm probably doing all I can do at the moment but could anyone with experience possibbly suggest how I could suggest what the most important things would be to do now preparation wise just before the exam?

Thanks,
Robin.
Reply 1
Literally just more past papers. If you've done almost all of them, make sure you go back and redo the ones you got wrong or what you find hard. Hopefully you know where your weak areas are and so you should do lots of questions on them until you feel comfortable. Questions, questions and more questions! Don't burn yourself out the night before, get some good sleep and have a good breakfast in the morning.
get some sleep :smile:

if you've done every past paper, maybe go through them and redo the questions you struggled with, and make sure you understand the methods involved?

but it sounds like you've done a lot, just trust your ability and your preparation and you should be okay :smile:

have you got many other exams? best of luck either way :smile:
Original post by Nymthae

Original post by Nymthae
Literally just more past papers. If you've done almost all of them, make sure you go back and redo the ones you got wrong or what you find hard. Hopefully you know where your weak areas are and so you should do lots of questions on them until you feel comfortable. Questions, questions and more questions! Don't burn yourself out the night before, get some good sleep and have a good breakfast in the morning.

Would just going over the textbook be alright?

Past papers just don't do it for me. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Thanks guys for the suggestions I will do what has been said :smile: also cheers for the quick response! 'Im so academic' do what feels best past papers are apparently the best method for most but its how YOU learn so do what you feel most comfortable with :smile:
Do what I do and do ALL past papers again. This saturday I am gonna do em all in one day, from jan 06 - june 2010 papers as its good revision. I already did them all in the xmas holidays and managed 70+ in all, but i haven't revised maths in 2 weeks so this is just like recapping everything.
Original post by im so academic
Would just going over the textbook be alright?

Past papers just don't do it for me. :s-smilie:

I think that maths is one of those subjects that you can't pass with out doing questions.

Reading notes helps to get the rules, but past papers will teach you how to apply them.

OP Just go over past papers.
Reply 7
Sweet :smile: I think what makes me question like this is that I left school before the christmas holidays because I was getting into a bad slump with all my subjects, I changed my mind one week into the holidays and they let me back, I've been doing nothing but maths revision for the last 2 weeks so I guess I'm just a bit unconfident 2 weeks isn't really enough but I think I'm progressing well as I'm now out of my slump, I'm getting most answers right, understanding it all and enjoying school once again :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Robskeh
Sweet :smile: I think what makes me question like this is that I left school before the christmas holidays because I was getting into a bad slump with all my subjects, I changed my mind one week into the holidays and they let me back, I've been doing nothing but maths revision for the last 2 weeks so I guess I'm just a bit unconfident 2 weeks isn't really enough but I think I'm progressing well as I'm now out of my slump, I'm getting most answers right, understanding it all and enjoying school once again :smile:

A positive and motivated mental attitude is quite possibly the biggest thing that will ever help you with revision and exams :wink: looking good to me!
Reply 9
Going over the text book is good, but past papers are probably best because the style of questions are repeated over and over again. You'll have the odd one or two that'll be a bit bizarre, but since you've done the papers already, you'll see that a lot of questions are really similar: co-ordinates of centre, gradient, integration blah blah blah.
Focus your efforts on the questions at the end of the past papers which often carry the most marks. Read the examiners reports to know what was done very well and not so well and where mistakes were often made.
I often found in past papers it was silly errors of negative signs and not inverting the fraction in some questions.

Go through the book, make sure you can do every question in the book. My friend did every question in the book and she got an impressive UMS score in both C1 and C2. If this is your AS year then don't worry too much, since in your A2 year, you can retake the unit and gain a very high UMS score.

The exam style questions in the textbook certainly are great practice. The textbooks were carefully written, do all the questions and most importantly learn the METHODS! Arithemetic Series questions often my friends and I found difficult, but since learning to analyse the information given well, we no longer struggle with such questions.

Do it well now, as it will be so much easier knowing you've gained a awesome C1 grade. Having too many retakes can be very daunting especially if you're not motivated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending