The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemohito
haha! :colondollar: I'm actually doing it tomorrow, honest! Slept in today, I'm usually at 100% in the early morning and then it all goes off track after then! Best of luck, though!

Paha, we have all been there :wink: I did my tests a while ago. tbh, don't hold much hope but then... you never know :smile: Still, there is hope yet!!

Let me know what you thought of the tests!
Reply 1181
Just completed the tests- FINALLY! I second what everyone previously has said- I thought I had managed my time well in the logical reasoning but still found I had to guess last 3-4. But that is to be expected, part of the challenge. Good luck to everyone.. 16 days to wait!!

:smile:
Reply 1182
Found the maths tests okay bar going brain dead for the last question. With 8 minutes left i still couldn't work it out. To long since I've done maths exams it seems. I second/third what you've all said about the logic/picture sequence test. First 15 relatively easy final 9 there was a bit of a jump in complexity. Best of luck to any who have been putting it off like me.
First test: Did 22 I'm 99% were correct, left the other 3 until the end and had to guess the rest.

Second Test: I am not rain man. Did 5 and guessed the rest, absolute mind f***.
Without giving too much away, was it the question which mentions something along the lines of 100 hours being shared between the 2 divisions ? If so, I was stumped for a couple of minutes on that ( I had 15 minutes remaining) before I got it.

Ill share my answer with you on Friday.

It appears that most found the analytical test ok- and so, the deciding test will be the LRT hopefully your guess work (and mine) pays off !!

Original post by cabbs123
Found the maths tests okay bar going brain dead for the last question. With 8 minutes left i still couldn't work it out. To long since I've done maths exams it seems. I second/third what you've all said about the logic/picture sequence test. First 15 relatively easy final 9 there was a bit of a jump in complexity. Best of luck to any who have been putting it off like me.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheRangers
First test: Did 22 I'm 99% were correct, left the other 3 until the end and had to guess the rest.

Second Test: I am not rain man. Did 5 and guessed the rest, absolute mind f***.

i laughed and laughed when i read this!!! my wife thinks i am going mad!!!:biggrin::biggrin:
I shouldn't have left it this late, reading all your comments is making my anxiety levels go sky high :afraid:
Reply 1187
Everyday i look at this and see people complaining about the logical reasoning test. Which makes me feel better as i completely messed my LRT up. (Sorry) Haha. I just hope to god that the LRT was intentionally difficult and not meant to be finished, if not im definately out.
Original post by jimmy1975
i laughed and laughed when i read this!!! my wife thinks i am going mad!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

The maths questions were so much easier than the numeracy part of the first test, as for the pictures bit I didn't know what to expect and the time limit was really restraining. I think if I could do it again with similar questions I'd do much better, you don't really know what to expect until you do it.
Reply 1189
Has anyone received confirmations yet for the EO compliance Officer role? Or are we all still waiting?
Original post by Libra1
Has anyone received confirmations yet for the EO compliance Officer role? Or are we all still waiting?

Im still waiting mate, getting nearer and nearer the start date isnt it?

I love the comment earlier about the graduate 2nd test and I'm not rain main, made me feel so much better and couldnt stop laughing for a while :smile:. So my advice now to anyone who can complete all those in the time permitted whilst getting them right, go and play black jack for a living :smile:
Reply 1191
Nick-bham, time getting closer indeed. My best guess is that we should receive something by the end of next week. I can't see anything happening this week...
Reply 1192
I just the two tests for HMRC TPDP, the first analytical reasoning test was okay, personally I should have done some more numeracy practice, as I finished the test in time, had about 5mins spare to check questions I was unsure about, but I still feel like I didn’t do well.

The logical reasoning test, the way that went, I wish I were rain man! I got to about q 13, saw I only had 1min left and just guessed the rest. Even the ones I did, I thought weren’t 100% correct.

Just a quick q, has anyone else got feedback from the previous tests. I got mines:

There were 4 tests.

HMRC Situational Test Score 88
Verbal Test 88
Work Style 90
Numerical Test 96

If possible, would like to compare with others in how they felt these tests went. I felt this analytical test wasn’t easy (not hard either); I didn’t fly through it, but my results for the Numerical Test was quite good.

Also, will the previous tests count towards moving to the next stage. I’m really worried I’ve messed this stage up! ****in LRT!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by no1837
I just the two tests for HMRC TPDP, the first analytical reasoning test was okay, personally I should have done some more numeracy practice, as I finished the test in time, had about 5mins spare to check questions I was unsure about, but I still feel like I didn’t do well.

The logical reasoning test, the way that went, I wish I were rain man! I got to about q 13, saw I only had 1min left and just guessed the rest. Even the ones I did, I thought weren’t 100% correct.

Just a quick q, has anyone else got feedback from the previous tests. I got mines:

There were 4 tests.

HMRC Situational Test Score 88
Verbal Test 88
Work Style 90
Numerical Test 96

If possible, would like to compare with others in how they felt these tests went. I felt this analytical test wasn’t easy (not hard either); I didn’t fly through it, but my results for the Numerical Test was quite good.

Also, will the previous tests count towards moving to the next stage. I’m really worried I’ve messed this stage up! F$%kin LRT!!!

How did you obtain these thank jimmy
Reply 1194
Original post by jimmy1975
How did you obtain these thank jimmy

i emailed them

[email protected]
Finished the analytical tests. Numerical was weird. Logic was okay, guessed last few.
Oh god, thinking back, I think I totally screwed that up. :frown:
Reply 1197
Just sat the online test. Was wondering, did anyone recieve a confirmation email. When I log into my account it still states that I have been invited to sit the assessment, thought it would have updated? Thanks
Original post by Libra1
Nick-bham, time getting closer indeed. My best guess is that we should receive something by the end of next week. I can't see anything happening this week...

Just to let you know I just got a call from the HMRC asking if I could start the 28th January and all the checks were done :smile:.

I suspect they are going round everyone now.
Reply 1199
Numerical ones--i still cant believe i effed up an easy test..no hopes with this time round it however one lesson learned i will never ever again sit a test in the library very distracting experience. Slaughter and may here me comes :P Did most logical ones though i dont know if i ve done them correctly. Im going to apply next year and good luck to all you lucky bunnies who did well enough to go through :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending