The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Whats the mock interview chris?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chris300
There are only 12 candidates? Was expecting more.

I'm just worried about the mock interview!

Don't be, it's fun! You're in charge so enjoy yourself

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1382
Original post by niels-bohr
Day 1 over in Nottingham. All 12 candidates are guys lol!
The food is good and the activities were challenging, but equally interesting.

Hi, hope it went well! I have my ac next week in Notts on 27th & 28th Feb!

This is probably obvious but are all the activities based around tax? (hope that makes sense!)
Original post by KK89*
Hi, hope it went well! I have my ac next week in Notts on 27th & 28th Feb!

This is probably obvious but are all the activities based around tax? (hope that makes sense!)

Nope! There isn't a single mention of tax. That said, the activities were really interesting.
Breakfast was awesome, I recouped some of my travel expenses from brekky.

Good luck with your AC, an just be yourself !

All the best

So I've been reading this thread from a far and was on the reserve list!! But got my email today to say I've been invited to the AC :biggrin: so happy! Mines at Nottingham though, not Warwick, which I assumed is where I'd be sent as I live in Coventry - but I'm guessing I'm filling a gap? All the advice on here has been brilliant by the way so thank you very much.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
Original post by Caprice.
So I've been reading this thread from a far and was on the reserve list!! But got my email today to say I've been invited to the AC :biggrin: so happy! Mines at Nottingham though, not Warwick, which I assumed is where I'd be sent as I live in Coventry - but I'm guessing I'm filling a gap? All the advice on here has been brilliant by the way so thank you very much.

well done when do you go I am going there next wed and thurs good luck
Reply 1386
Nope! There isn't a single mention of tax. That said, the activities were really interesting.
Breakfast was awesome, I recouped some of my travel expenses from brekky.

Good luck with your AC, an just be yourself !

All the best

Thank you for the reply! :smile: Really appreciate that. Are there any other tips you would be able to give?

And have you found out whether you were successful or still waiting?
Original post by KK89*
Thank you for the reply! :smile: Really appreciate that. Are there any other tips you would be able to give?

And have you found out whether you were successful or still waiting?

I really don't have anything else to add- just be yourself ! No one can really prep for the assent centre.

In terms of results, all candidates will find out by may 11.

Everyone will be notified after all assessment centres have been held.

All the best.

Reply 1388
Original post by Caprice.

Any other reservers get an invite?!
Original post by H.JJJ
Any other reservers get an invite?!

I got an invite... Pretty short notice and had to let them know by noon the next day (hope you won't mind if I don't say when/where!). Wish now I'd asked for my stage 2 scores, might've given an indication as some of you were good enough to post here. Anyway less time to be nervous is the plus!!

For those of you who've been already were all the spaces taken up? And what was the mix of candidates - any all female, read there was one all guys?! And was it a mix of ages?

good luck for those still to go.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anthracite
I got an invite... Pretty short notice and had to let them know by noon the next day (hope you won't mind if I don't say when/where!). Wish now I'd asked for my stage 2 scores, might've given an indication as some of you were good enough to post here. Anyway less time to be nervous is the plus!!

For those of you who've been already were all the spaces taken up? And what was the mix of candidates - any all female, read there was one all guys?! And was it a mix of ages?

good luck for those still to go.

Err I went to the first one (18-19th) in Nottingham and all 12 candidates were guys ! Was an interesting testosterone fuelled group exercise.

All the best !

Still on reserve list. Hoping I get that call ... :redface:
Reply 1392
Original post by bluemohito
Still on reserve list. Hoping I get that call ... :redface:

Same... I just had the bare minimum pass mark for the numerical at stage 2. Not expecting much though
Original post by H.JJJ
Same... I just had the bare minimum pass mark for the numerical at stage 2. Not expecting much though

According to fb, everyone (the first-up and the reservers) got a chance at the assessment centre so one can always hope!! :colondollar:
Reply 1394
I really don't have anything else to add- just be yourself ! No one can really prep for the assent centre.

In terms of results, all candidates will find out by may 11.

Everyone will be notified after all assessment centres have been held.

All the best.

Thank you!! My last question!! (sorry lol) they haven't said we're having a one to one interview, is there one on the day?
Original post by KK89*
Thank you!! My last question!! (sorry lol) they haven't said we're having a one to one interview, is there one on the day?

It's a role play exercise with an actor, and an assessor will be in the room watching how you interact?

There is no face to face interview where you'll be asked: why hmrc ? etc...
Hope that helps

I know its a bit cliche by now, but you really can't prep for it. Just go in and try and enjoy it. Make sure you sleep well... and eat well (to recoupe the travel costs :biggrin:)
Reply 1397
Does anyone know if we get to pick our preferred locations at the assessment centre?
Original post by Aidon12
Does anyone know if we get to pick our preferred locations at the assessment centre?

They said they will send an email out in march sometime to all candidates so we can choose then.
Does anybody know for those who are on the reserve list when is the latest date we would know by and when this date is over our chances are over for another year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending