The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mxb821
No idea :s there are occasional weeks where we have multiple tutorials, some where we have none etc but on the whole it's 3/1/1 for us.

I've just had a look at the graduate scheme website where it says that. They may be doing it differently for you guys though I'm not sure why that would be the case?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thank you for the clarification :smile: I don't mind either way, the website uses it as an example so might just be describing 1 of the possible weeks? All these questions haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1581
Did anyone get offered a place yesterday or today? I still haven't heard and was wondering if they are still offering places..

come on HMRC put me out of my misery already!!
Original post by MCFC_uk
Did anyone get offered a place yesterday or today? I still haven't heard and was wondering if they are still offering places..

come on HMRC put me out of my misery already!!

I'm in the same boat. Still heard nothing. It's torture. :eek:
Could I ask people who are still waiting, what was your first choice location?
Reply 1584
Evidently they just want to make us suffer. I'm assuming I'm just waiting for a rejection at this point, but if it makes any difference my first choice location was Ctl London.
Glasgow
Reply 1586
Manchester, followed by Warrington and Bolton
If all the candidates left were to receive rejections, im sure it wudnt take so long to send a generic email around. I havnt come across anyone being offered a place at locations in the second half of the list (ie. reading, portsmouth, wrexham). Also everyone with an offer so far has received their first choice and there are no reserves. So maybe people are still getting their second choices and being put on reserve list. Wouldnt lose hope so quik
Original post by 01zjavaid
If all the candidates left were to receive rejections, im sure it wudnt take so long to send a generic email around. I havnt come across anyone being offered a place at locations in the second half of the list (ie. reading, portsmouth, wrexham). Also everyone with an offer so far has received their first choice and there are no reserves. So maybe people are still getting their second choices and being put on reserve list. Wouldnt lose hope so quik

I think a generic email is doing a disservice to what they actually do. Don't forget, everyone is getting feedback on their AC, so even if the email is written they still have to attach that, and they have already said that they are having issues with the automated system.

However, we also have no idea which order they were sending things out in. It could be by candidate number for all we know. I know I spent most of Wednesday refreshing my emails, and had pretty much given up by the time I got an email!
Reply 1589
I prefer to just set my expectations low at this point, I was very hopeful to start with but I just can't see it now.

To be honest, I don't really understand why it's taking 3 days of drip-feeding results out anyway. Surely you'd just get the results collated ahead of time, settle on the offers to be made, prepare all of the communication and have it ready to send out in quick succession. The generic 'thanks-but-no-thanks' emails at the very least should have been ready to go out right at the start. Unless they're actually only just now finalising offers as they go along, which would seem quite bonkers to me.

Original post by the_vogster
I think a generic email is doing a disservice to what they actually do. Don't forget, everyone is getting feedback on their AC, so even if the email is written they still have to attach that, and they have already said that they are having issues with the automated system.

By the sound of it from above posts, it seems like the initial rejection email is a generic one to be followed by the more personalised version including feedback later.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1590
Hi

Still waiting news, applied for central London, manchester and Sheffield. However also ticked the "anywhere" box
Reply 1591
Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody else is going to be starting in Bristol?

Good luck for everyone still waiting.
Reply 1592
Original post by rhys2302
Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody else is going to be starting in Bristol?

Good luck for everyone still waiting.

Hi Rhys,

Im in the Bristol office, started last year. You're very lucky :wink: when did you find out you were successful? I have a friend still waiting to hear, I think I'm more nervous than him! And feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Reply 1593
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their posts, particularly those who have shared their experience of what life on the programme is like :smile:

Just wondered if anybody else is going to, or has already started last year, in Glasgow?

Best of luck for everyone still waiting.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1594
Original post by Amc88
Hi Rhys,

Im in the Bristol office, started last year. You're very lucky :wink: when did you find out you were successful? I have a friend still waiting to hear, I think I'm more nervous than him! And feel free to ask any questions :smile:

Hi! My nervous wait ended on Wednesday, can't wait to start!

Whats the office like in Bristol, good atmosphere? Do you enjoy the course?
Reply 1595
Original post by rhys2302
Hi! My nervous wait ended on Wednesday, can't wait to start!

Whats the office like in Bristol, good atmosphere? Do you enjoy the course?

The office is a big grey box, but we're surrounded by nice new offices and near to Temple Meads :biggrin:. A great atmosphere, the trainee group get along really well and go on nights out/ social events quite often. Bristol should be getting 6-10 new trainees in september, adding that to the 20 we already have, should be a great xmas do! Bristol wasnt my first choice, but im really glad I ended up there. Its a great location.

The course is challenging but after working for a few years its great to be learning again. We have really supportive managers, tutors and we all help each other out with case work and study. Bristol hasnt lost a trainee to exam failure for years too.

But I guess you'll be finding this out for yourself soon! We're all looking forward to newbies starting :hello:

Amanda (1 of the 8, 12s!)
Reply 1596
Anybody else on here confirmed for Belfast or started last year? I know not everyone has received their email yet and not on this forum either, but I'm beginning to think I may be the only one. :s-smilie:

Also wondering if all training will be supplied in Northern Ireland or will it possibly involve some travel to mainland UK too.
Reply 1597
Original post by homobo
Anybody else on here confirmed for Belfast or started last year? I know not everyone has received their email yet and not on this forum either, but I'm beginning to think I may be the only one. :s-smilie:

Also wondering if all training will be supplied in Northern Ireland or will it possibly involve some travel to mainland UK too.

I know the 2012 trainees in Belfast travel to mainland for their training

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1598
Original post by mxb821
I know the 2012 trainees in Belfast travel to mainland for their training

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. So looks like I will need to be prepared for quite a bit of travel then and by sounds of that there was more than 1 last year so shouldn't be on my own either.
Reply 1599
Just as an update, my friend got his results through about an hour ago and he got the Cardiff office. They said there was a "technical glitch". So there's still hope if no one has heard yet. Might be worth emailing HMRC. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending