The Student Room Group

Chelsea College of Art Portfolio Advice

Hi, I've applied this year for Chelsea to study graphic design. Currently my portfolio is full of different design pieces, all using various media. However I haven't included any life drawing or more artistic skilled work. Would this help?
Also I have a lot of illustration work I have done in my own time, would it help to put these in or is it best to keep as precise as possible?

If anyone has any experience with this, knows what they look for or is indeed just in the same boat as me, get it touch!
Thanks!
Reply 1
I dont know much about graphic design did they ask you to send a mini portfolio yet
Reply 2
No not yet still waiting to hear back! Keen to see whether they do or not, just want to get it right
Hello, just wondering if xxsaraxx7 knows about fine art in chelsea. i've just applied for this and only this so i need to make it perfect for this uni. and is the mini portfolio work that i've put in my normal portfolio allowed or is it something entirely new?!

Also, the illustration stuff sounds good enough for your graphics design portfolio but i think maybe dont over do it and make it known that you have a variety of stuff regarding graphics design. maybe if you felt your extra work can stem off to things concerning graphics design, it will be acceptable for your portfolio, Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by OrangeJuice565
Hello, just wondering if xxsaraxx7 knows about fine art in chelsea. i've just applied for this and only this so i need to make it perfect for this uni. and is the mini portfolio work that i've put in my normal portfolio allowed or is it something entirely new?!

Also, the illustration stuff sounds good enough for your graphics design portfolio but i think maybe dont over do it and make it known that you have a variety of stuff regarding graphics design. maybe if you felt your extra work can stem off to things concerning graphics design, it will be acceptable for your portfolio, Good Luck!

Yes its allowed because seeing art in the flesh is different than photographs and the fact they offered you an interview on the bases of that i would be putting them again since they liked it the first time HOWEVER i wouldnt be afraid to replace them. your mini portfolio consists of approx 12 pieces and the actual one approx 20 so you have 8 new ones, and 12 old ones so you could change one or two that you thought probably looked better on a photograph

Quick Reply

Latest