The Student Room Group

heeelp to complete UCAS application

hey guys am applying as an individual , its really tooo late , could you please help me how to put predicted grades and references in the ucas form.

many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There have been many threads on this subject already, some of them including step-by-step instructions. I even remember you posting in one of them (apparently without bothering to read existing replies). Use the search function.
Reply 2
The predicted grades have a drop down function- if you haven't been given any DON'T put any!!! (it could invalidate your application) type in your references details as you have them filling in all the parts with an asterisk. It would help if you have already asked you referee give the less than 36 hours to send part. It has changed from you inputting the reference to your referee now inputting it so good luck!!!
An email will be sent to the for them to accept the request for a reference and to enter the reference.
Good luck with your application =]
Reply 3
[QUOTE="Peregrinum;29367206"]There have been many threads on this subject already, some of them including step-by-step instructions. I even remember you posting in one of them (apparently without bothering to read existing replies). Use the search function.[/QUOTE

apparently it was not alevel grades
Reply 4
Original post by kaseydupree
The predicted grades have a drop down function- if you haven't been given any DON'T put any!!! (it could invalidate your application) type in your references details as you have them filling in all the parts with an asterisk. It would help if you have already asked you referee give the less than 36 hours to send part. It has changed from you inputting the reference to your referee now inputting it so good luck!!!
An email will be sent to the for them to accept the request for a reference and to enter the reference.
Good luck with your application =]

i need to use my lasts year predicted grades, i cannot go with my actual grades any where coz they are below standards in pharmacy course.

can i use my predicted grades when ive filled the reference bit and sent to ucas and they send to college tutor to put down the reference, i am applying as an individual.
Reply 5
Original post by al_habib
i need to use my lasts year predicted grades, i cannot go with my actual grades any where coz they are below standards in pharmacy course.

can i use my predicted grades when ive filled the reference bit and sent to ucas and they send to college tutor to put down the reference, i am applying as an individual.

do you mean can you set your own predicted grades? i don't think so i think they have to be set by your tutor.

or do you mean last year you were predicted, for example, an A in chemistry but only got a C, in which case I think your predicted grades remain the same unless someone has adjusted them.

Bear in mind that if you put predicted grades that are beyond what you can achieve, you risk getting an offer you can't meet. (Some universities make offers above your predicted grades even if they are in line with what you are expecting to get)

Hope this has helped.
=]
Reply 6
do you mean can you set your own predicted grades? i don't think so i think they have to be set by your tutor.

or do you mean last year you were predicted, for example, an A in chemistry but only got a C, in which case I think your predicted grades remain the same unless someone has adjusted them. Bear in mind that if you put predicted grades that are beyond what you can achieve, you risk getting an offer you can't meet. (Some universities make offers above your predicted grades even if they are in line with what you are expecting to get)

Hope this has helped.
=]

thats right , I was predicted a B and i got C, i need to use them to apply this year, and how do you put them in the ucas.

Do you mean my lasts year predicted grades remain as they are.

Many thx 4 your help.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
thats right , I was predicted a B and i got C, i need to use them to apply this year, and how do you put them in the ucas.

Do you mean my lasts year predicted grades remain as they are.

Many thx 4 your help.

Your predicted grades go in the same part as you enter your referee's details- it's near the bottom. You will see the subjects there that you have listed as 'pending' in Education. Put them in there. If you were only one grade out then definitely put a B as your predicted grade (most people improve by one grade anyway so this is a fair judgement of what you should get).

Glad to be useful =]
Reply 8
Yes, one of the threads you posted in was about IB, but it makes no difference. With one qualification you have a drop down menu, with another one you have an empty box. How on Earth could that confuse a prospective university student?!

If you're applying as an individual then you can insert your own predicted grades. This is how you do it:
1) Enter the qualification.
2) Set the qualification as pending either by choosing the "pending" option from a drop down menu or by leaving the grade box blank.
3) The qualification shows up as pending on your Reference section.
4) You enter the predicted grades.

If you're applying as an individual you can include the predicted grades before or after the reference has been completed, but UCAS suggests you don't try to amend that page while the reference is in progess (that is, add the grades before you submit a reference request or after the reference has been completed).

You can use your previous predictions if you're retaking modules to push up your grade and of course if the predictions actually hold true. There's no point predicting yourself an A if you won't be able to achieve that; it's sabotaging your own application. This is why: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501892&page=2 (first post on the second page).
Reply 9
Original post by Peregrinum
Yes, one of the threads you posted in was about IB, but it makes no difference. With one qualification you have a drop down menu, with another one you have an empty box. How on Earth could that confuse a prospective university student?!

If you're applying as an individual then you can insert your own predicted grades. This is how you do it:
1) Enter the qualification.
2) Set the qualification as pending either by choosing the "pending" option from a drop down menu or by leaving the grade box blank.
3) The qualification shows up as pending on your Reference section.
4) You enter the predicted grades.

If you're applying as an individual you can include the predicted grades before or after the reference has been completed, but UCAS suggests you don't try to amend that page while the reference is in progess (that is, add the grades before you submit a reference request or after the reference has been completed).

You can use your previous predictions if you're retaking modules to push up your grade and of course if the predictions actually hold true. There's no point predicting yourself an A if you won't be able to achieve that; it's sabotaging your own application. This is why: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501892&page=2 (first post on the second page).

yes i am applying as an individual, can i include my predicted grades when the referee has done the reference.
yes i am applying as an individual, can i include my predicted grades when the referee has done the reference.

:facepalm:

YES! I stated the answer to this question you're asking me again in the very post you quoted me on! In fact, I phrased it in two different ways to make sure there'd be no misunderstanding. Why the hell do you not bother to take a few minutes to focus and read what people are trying to tell you?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Your predicted grades go in the same part as you enter your referee's details- it's near the bottom. You will see the subjects there that you have listed as 'pending' in Education. Put them in there. If you were only one grade out then definitely put a B as your predicted grade (most people improve by one grade anyway so this is a fair judgement of what you should get).

Glad to be useful =]

i did put down lasts years prediction(ABB) but my referee he wrote down in my reference that i got (BCD) will this cause a problem. i could have achieved the grades but due to ups & down in a family caused me to under achieve.
i did put down lasts years prediction(ABB) but my referee he wrote down in my reference that i got (BCD) will this cause a problem. i could have achieved the grades but due to ups & down in a family caused me to under achieve.

Perhaps suggest that he mentions your family issues in his reference?
Also, if you have stated that you are resitting on your application they may see that ABB are easy to achieve from your AS starting point.

How do you AS results compare to what the Unis are asking for in general? I know they are high (I was going to do Pharmacy but changed my mind at -quite literally- the last minute) some offer 280 points I think, but most are BBB and above. Make sure you show true commitment in your Personal Statement. Unis take more than just AS grades into consideration when choosing. BCD isn't that bad. And you can only improve on this, can't you.

If you haven't made all your decisions yet, perhaps you could find a uni with lower than normal entry requirements but still a good course- this will give you a better chance of getting at least on offer.

So long as your referee hasn't nullified your predicted grades, you should be okay.
Reply 13

where r u thinking of applying to pharmacy and did u attempt to go through clearing?
Reply 14
Original post by Peregrinum
:facepalm:

YES! I stated the answer to this question you're asking me again in the very post you quoted me on! In fact, I phrased it in two different ways to make sure there'd be no misunderstanding. Why the hell do you not bother to take a few minutes to focus and read what people are trying to tell you?!

sorry pal, i should have read properly.

i did put down my predicted grades in the reference section, but am trying to get rid of my actual grades in ucas, it says grade is mandatory for completed exams.and my referee has mentioned my actual grades in the reference.
Reply 15
Original post by gunit123
where r u thinking of applying to pharmacy and did u attempt to go through clearing?

manchester, bradford, de monfort, liverpool john moore, and univ.central Lanchashire., idid attempt clearing but they requested min B in chem

Do you think i can get a place in manchester again coz last year they offered me a place but the grades let me down
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
manchester, bradford, de monfort, liverpool john moore, and univ.central Lanchashire.

Do you think i can get a place in manchester again coz last year they offered me a place but the grades let me down

i think manchester want AAB this year, so I am unsure. i applied to dmu and uclan as well this year and got an offer of bbb from uclan. however, i dont like the uni that much so will probably use dmu as my back up.
Reply 17
Perhaps suggest that he mentions your family issues in his reference?
Also, if you have stated that you are resitting on your application they may see that ABB are easy to achieve from your AS starting point.

How do you AS results compare to what the Unis are asking for in general? I know they are high (I was going to do Pharmacy but changed my mind at -quite literally- the last minute) some offer 280 points I think, but most are BBB and above. Make sure you show true commitment in your Personal Statement. Unis take more than just AS grades into consideration when choosing. BCD isn't that bad. And you can only improve on this, can't you.

If you haven't made all your decisions yet, perhaps you could find a uni with lower than normal entry requirements but still a good course- this will give you a better chance of getting at least on offer.

So long as your referee hasn't nullified your predicted grades, you should be okay.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by gunit123
i think manchester want AAB this year, so I am unsure. i applied to dmu and uclan as well this year and got an offer of bbb from uclan. however, i dont like the uni that much so will probably use dmu as my back up.

shall i drop uclan because i dont know i just picked randomly do know any good pharm unis who will accept my actual and predicted grades
sorry pal, i should have read properly.

i did put down my predicted grades in the reference section, but am trying to get rid of my actual grades in ucas, it says grade is mandatory for completed exams.and my referee has mentioned my actual grades in the reference.

It sounds as if UCAS will not let you hide the grades you have got - it is up to you to use your personal statement to explain why you got the grades you did and how you are actually the sort of student that will cope with the course -that is the place for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending