The Student Room Group

Reapply to Uni

So i am currently at uni in my first year. I want to reapply to a different course and i would do so through ucas, I have also contacted my sixth form on providing me a reference.
Would i have to put in that i am currently at uni on my ucas application- i have seen a couple people say this.
Also the grades i have achieved are lower than the entry requirement, however during clearing this year around, i was given an interview but i think that was because they lower the requirements, ( i flopped the interview so they didn't give me an offer) and i wasn't sure if i should apply the normal way or wait till clearing of this coming up year.
Yes, you will need to mention that you are currently at university in your UCAS application. Universities typically require a complete academic history. Be honest about your current situation and explain why you want to change courses.

Regarding your grades, it's essential to meet the entry requirements specified by the university. If your grades are lower, consider retaking exams or improving your qualifications to meet the requirements. Applying during the regular application cycle might give you more time to enhance your qualifications and prepare a strong application.

However, if a university lowers its requirements during clearing and you feel confident about meeting those lowered requirements, you can apply through clearing. Be mindful of the deadlines and requirements for clearing applications. Remember, individual university policies can vary, so it's advisable to contact the admissions offices of the specific universities you're interested in for personalized guidance.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU Rep

Original post by Se_dmrc
So i am currently at uni in my first year. I want to reapply to a different course and i would do so through ucas, I have also contacted my sixth form on providing me a reference.
Would i have to put in that i am currently at uni on my ucas application- i have seen a couple people say this.
Also the grades i have achieved are lower than the entry requirement, however during clearing this year around, i was given an interview but i think that was because they lower the requirements, ( i flopped the interview so they didn't give me an offer) and i wasn't sure if i should apply the normal way or wait till clearing of this coming up year.
Original post by Se_dmrc

You MUST include a full academic history. Passing year 1 of a different degree may well be considered enough to compensate for slightly lower level 3 (A level equivalent) results. Withholding places of study or qualifications makes a UCAS application technically fraudulent so it’s not worth the risk to leave anything out. If you look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum the first post of the University Transfer FAQ has a link to show how you can list your current university and any modules you plan to complete on UCAS alongside your GCSEs and A levels.

You don’t have to go into detail about why you want to leave your current course in your PS - focus instead on why you want to join the new course.

Never wait for clearing if you are able to apply before the January deadline. Applying on time to 5 choices maximises your chances of an offer, and if the situation changes then you can always use Extra and Clearing later on as backups. Clearing is designed as a backup option not an alternative route - you’d need a full UCAS application to use clearing next August anyway so you are much better off applying now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending