Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ms94uk
Same boat mate good luck to you :smile:

You should be twice as positive because,

Law (13%)
Mathematics (6%)

:wink:

Thanks :smile: ouch haha, that's a ridiculously small percentage...
Reply 581
Original post by Lexi C
Same I'm really regretting not putting more effort into my PS. A lot of language ones put down about books they've read... I didn't :frown:

Aw. :/ I guess it's not all about name dropping books though, if your PS shows how much you love languages etc then you have a good chance of getting a place. :smile: Unfortunately for me, I realised a while after I sent off my application that I went on too much about work experience and not so much about why I want to be part of UNIQ...oops.
...i focused my ps on my qualities, and how it will help me in the camp...

=/ i mentioned medicine...but i mean, i've not had a chance to do any placements=/ i have no links no contacts...immediatley...

so what could i really write apart from that i researched it alot?
Reply 583
Original post by tarazzle
Aw. :/ I guess it's not all about name dropping books though, if your PS shows how much you love languages etc then you have a good chance of getting a place. :smile: Unfortunately for me, I realised a while after I sent off my application that I went on too much about work experience and not so much about why I want to be part of UNIQ...oops.

Aw that made me feel better!
Yeah and like you said, it's all about your love for your subject. That's the main message I got from reading into Oxford- passion. So it'll come through in your PS and they'll pick up on that. You obviously want to get on the course- they know that!
Original post by Lexi C
Yeah and like you said, it's all about your love for your subject. That's the main message I got from reading into Oxford- passion. So it'll come through in your PS and they'll pick up on that. You obviously want to get on the course- they know that!

We're passionate folk, us linguists :biggrin: so have faith in yourself and hope for the best :smile: Good luck!
Reply 585
Original post by Banoffeepie16
We're passionate folk, us linguists :biggrin: so have faith in yourself and hope for the best :smile: Good luck!

Same to you! Hope we both get in. What did you apply for? What are your GCSEs?
Original post by Lexi C
Same to you! Hope we both get in. What did you apply for? What are your GCSEs?

I've applied for Spanish with French as the second choice. My GCSEs aren't outstanding compared to most on here, but I have 4 A*s 5 As and 1 B :smile:
Reply 587
I've applied for Spanish with French as the second choice. My GCSEs aren't outstanding compared to most on here, but I have 4 A*s 5 As and 1 B :smile:

I know mine feel below average here!! No those are great grades, ignore the prodigies and geniuses here!
Original post by Lexi C
I know mine feel below average here!! No those are great grades, ignore the prodigies and geniuses here!

Aw thank you :smile: your grades are amazing! I think you march with the prodigies & geniuses. :cool:

if you don't get in, what chances do i have?
Reply 590
Original post by Lexi C

Yeah :smile: I'm just worried that I haven't shown enough passion though! Judging by what others who applied to do Law put in their PS's, I am screwed. :frown: Urgh, at least it's practice for doing a real PS I guess.
Ooh guys, not long now :smile:
If the letters are sent out tomorrow then they'll probably not reach Northern Ireland to Friday or Saturday will they?
AHH im not at home till saturday so i wont get my letter till then :frown:
Thing is, there won't be any postal deliveries on Friday [,Saturday, Sunday] and Monday because of the Easter weekend.

So we better hope Oxford have realised that and sent them out in plenty of time.
Reply 594
Original post by brogan7812
Ooh guys, not long now :smile:
If the letters are sent out tomorrow then they'll probably not reach Northern Ireland to Friday or Saturday will they?

Hmm. I'll ask a Northern Irish friend who went on it last year. But I'd like to hope it'd reach us on Friday. Do you think there's any chance we'd get them on Thursday? It'll be so hard if the others get their's before us :frown:
Original post by sixthformer

if you don't get in, what chances do i have?

Chin up, don't assume the worst!
From what I gather, they're choosing based on personal statements (passion, reading? etc) and background (family income, EMA).. grades shmades. If they were looking for grades they would have allowed applications from all schools. I hope :rolleyes:

With the amount of people applying I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm just glad that languages aren't uber popular :tongue:
Reply 596
I thought we would be emailed?
21% acceptance rate for classics :jive: (in comparison with you guys :tongue:)

fingers crossed :cry2:
Original post by medbh4805
21% acceptance rate for classics :jive: (in comparison with you guys :tongue:)

fingers crossed :cry2:

I was really happy to see those statistics on the site(37% for ML :woo:)... until I realised how many applicants there'll probably be :frown:
Reply 599
What's the acceptance rate liek for languages? anyone know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending