The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Niki_girl
:console:

I think you both sound like good candidates! Sorry you didn't get in, but I hope that this won't put you (or anyone else on this thread) off from applying next (this?) year to Oxford, regardless of whether I get in to this or not I'd still apply to the real university if I get 4 As at AS :smile:

Aw thanks, i think i might apply, provding i get 4A's.
Reply 921
Original post by fluteflute
Wooh! I've been accepted for Computer Science!

Congratulations, lucky you! I just hear a noise and thought it was the post, but it was actually a bird landing on the gutter above my window :rolleyes:
Original post by Rahul.S
gcse'z: 8a*'s 4a's......i was at the protest...but i was dancing :s

wt about u? Gcse'z, course? Etc.

:smile: you performed better
Reply 923
Original post by sixthformer
:smile: you performed better

u mean the dancing part yh? :biggrin:

i styed at cam for 3 days just came bk yday. spoke to various professors.....u onli need 4-7a*'s even less is ok or no a*'s. but they want 3as's 90+!!!!

wt course u applyin for?
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Rejected for medicine. They did add "In fact I was a highly competitive candidate" which others didn't seem to get. At least I'm a popular reject :P.

Well done to the comp sci guy above!

:? unlucky man
when did u get letter

PS you got 2X better grades than me

what an anti-climax for us all

oh well, this should make us stronger
Original post by Rahul.S
u mean the dancing part yh? :biggrin:

i styed at cam for 3 days just came bk yday. spoke to various professors.....u onli need 4-7a*'s even less is ok or no a*'s. but they want 3as's 90+!!!!

wt course u applyin for?

i've been very ill during sixthform so won't be able to get 90% + =/...

medicine, but if a talent like 10A*'s can't get in...how on earth will i

What did your letter look like?
:? unlucky man
when did u get letter

PS you got 2X better grades than me

what an anti-climax for us all

oh well, this should make us stronger

About 10 o' clock the post came :smile:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
About 10 o' clock the post came :smile:

:smile: kk

i guess i didn't get in either

no worries, i'm moving on from it
Original post by cz100

I heard a rustling but it turned out to be the Conservative party delivering a leaflet... which passed a few minutes reading :P

But then a little later I was luckily enough to be there to see a parcel come through my door. And could hear the postman's music blaring, which was a bit odd... But he stayed there a little while and posted through a bundle of post.

And I saw the Oxford logo. And it was A4, so I hoped that was a good sign (considering others have been rejected with small envelopes). And I was right!

So they've sent me a letter, a booklet of information, a parents/carers guide, and an envelope to take to my school "teacher" (they do realise I have seven teachers...) basically asking the teacher's not to set any homework for that week.
I heard a rustling but it turned out to be the Conservative party delivering a leaflet... which passed a few minutes reading :P

But then a little later I was luckily enough to be there to see a parcel come through my door. And could hear the postman's music blaring, which was a bit odd... But he stayed there a little while and posted through a bundle of post.

And I saw the Oxford logo. And it was A4, so I hoped that was a good sign (considering others have been rejected with small envelopes). And I was right!

So they've sent me a letter, a booklet of information, a parents/carers guide, and an envelope to take to my school "teacher" (they do realise I have seven teachers...) basically asking the teacher's not to set any homework for that week.

i'm very happy for you

:smile: meh, i got worse grades than someone with 10A*'s and they got rejected(though in the real thing they'd own everyone)..

so yeh, i'm moving on

it was medicine so yeah
Reply 931
i've been very ill during sixthform so won't be able to get 90% + =/...

medicine, but if a talent like 10A*'s can't get in...how on earth will i

gcse doesnt show talent completeli. ofc those tht do good well done. but it dependz on uni application. cam will ignore gcse'z if do sik at AS. trust use ur illness as an adv and spread it out :colone: tht way u can get ur 90+....note im immune :biggrin:
Does post only arrive in the morning ?
Reply 933
The annoying thing is, the postman goes around the houses on the opposite side of the street of my estate first, so even if I see him he won't get round to mine for another while.
Got a post, with a guide for the event and one for the parents/carers, and a letter to a teacher not to set homework, though this is for the 31 Jul - 5 Aug, so I doubt there'll be any school at that time! :wink:
Reply 935

Well done! :smile:
Original post by cz100
The annoying thing is, the postman goes around the houses on the opposite side of the street of my estate first, so even if I see him he won't get round to mine for another while.

I pray that you get in. ATLEAST SOMEBODY from tsr should

not that it gives anyone any advantage:smile: but yeah, when i was still hoping, i felt like you did

so i don't want another persons hope crushed
Does post only arrive in the morning ?

My mum reckons the post can arrive in the afternoon too.
Reply 938

Omg well done, first acceptance we've heard of today!
Original post by nerimon18
My mum reckons the post can arrive in the afternoon too.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending