The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by tufc

Dark Brotherhood Spoiler

Spoiler that **** man, plenty of people here haven't played the game yet :angry:.

Why would you come to TSR, try UESP or reddit.com/r/skyrim.
Original post by Luke0011
I've got it, came a day early - ordered it from GAME.

wow guys, just wow.

Quoted for truth. Also pre ordered from Game and have been playing since around 2pm on the 10th.
So guys,

Is it worth the hype? Does it live up to expectations? Is it as good as you personally thought it would be? Pros / cons?

I've got a three and a half hour train journey to get it... But its worth it... Its worth it! Back to Cumbria (and my preorders) I go.
Original post by DH-Biker
So guys,

Is it worth the hype? Does it live up to expectations? Is it as good as you personally thought it would be? Pros / cons?

I've got a three and a half hour train journey to get it... But its worth it... Its worth it! Back to Cumbria (and my preorders) I go.

Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes. My expectations for Skyrim were Sky high, and it's even better than that. I've stopped playing it twice over the past 11 hours - both times to eat. It's unbelievably amazing.

I've been playing this all night/morning. There goes my exams.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2084
Original post by Illusionary

Seems that Asda are actually going to come good on this! My order status is finally "fully despatched" (updated at ~2am :rolleyes:) and order tracking with DPD shows it as next day delivery, with them as of yesterday :awesome:

What number do you use to track on dpd?
Original post by JordanR
Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes. My expectations for Skyrim were Sky high, and it's even better than that. I've stopped playing it twice over the past 11 hours - both times to eat. It's unbelievably amazing.

I've been playing this all night/morning. There goes my exams.

Oh that's a relief. :tongue: I'd set very high expectations for SKYRIM too, thank god it meets them.

Got the ****test part of today still to go... A large bag, a Richmond-Vuaxhall-Euston rush our train/tube service and the potential for it to go very, very wrong. :redface:

Still, once I'm on the train I'll be counting down the minutes, then at Carlisle I'll jog on down to the GAME shop and pick up the effective destruction of my outside life. :yep:

Still, its Winter. Nothing happens in Winter. :colondollar:
Reply 2086
Original post by tufc
Why have so many people pre ordered and not just gone to Tesco at midnight?

I thought the game was going to be an 18. And I'm 17. But now I found out yesterday it's a 15. Pissed me right off.
Reply 2087
Seems that Asda are actually going to come good on this! My order status is finally "fully despatched" (updated at ~2am :rolleyes:) and order tracking with DPD shows it as next day delivery, with them as of yesterday :awesome:

Original post by tface
Mine says collected date 10th November, service is "parcel - dpd two day" :colonhash: For ****s sake Asda if you are going to put it as a 2 day delivery then dispatch on the 9th you *****! :angry:

Original post by cambo211
My ASDA order says next day :dontknow:

Collected by DPD at 1am, in Bristol as of 5am. DPD Next Day service. Can't fecking wait for it get here!! Shame no-one is in the house until 6pm...

Original post by Mess.
What number do you use to track on dpd?

If this is for Asda, there's a just a track button rather than a tracking number.
Reply 2088

Original post by Zorg
Collected by DPD at 1am, in Bristol as of 5am. DPD Next Day service. Can't fecking wait for it get here!! Shame no-one is in the house until 6pm...

If this is for Asda, there's a just a track button rather than a tracking number.

I pressed that and despite it bring dispatched it doesn't track it :sigh:
Friends convinced me to go midnight launch despite knowing full well I had work early today. Bought it on the spot and proceeded to play well into the night :facepalm2:

Map is a nice cloth texture. The lock picking is much improved, mirrors fallout. The AI really is vastly improved, conversations feel natural and unscripted and movement is much more fluid in and out of combat. Combat is hugely improved and I am loving thr spells as per my usual Dark Elf. For some reason I made a female character but there you go.

Overall, its purely awesome. Running it on pc on high settings and full HD. Can make ultra however the game becomes choppy and tbh the difference isn't huge enough for me to want it in Exchange for game fluidity.

Off to work now... didnt sleep a whole lot and despite what my body is saying, it probably won't get to bed until late either for the same reason it has been up...

May upload some HD screens later if people wana have a look see.
Reply 2090
My Xbox is at uni and I'm going home for the weekend after lectures today. FML

I want it now :woo:
Come on, post, come on! There's only so long I can stare out of the window!
Reply 2092
Playing on all low settings and fps still isnt amazing ugh. My pc runs BF3 on high but skyrim seems to kill it.
Got the game and the guide.

Alas, time for lecture. :sad:
You can't, no.

As others have said, there will be a mod to ride them. There was a mod in Oblivion which both created dragons and let you rode them. Half of the work has already been done here.
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't change the settings in the launcher - they just reset whenever I close them and the in-game settings aren't nearly detailed enough. Currently playing in 800x600 windowed mode with lowest everything despite being capable of running it on ultra @1080p.

And can't find any help anywhere :frown:

DAMN YOU, STEAM.
I have 6 hours to write a 1,500 word essay, Skyrim's going to have to wait ):
Reply 2097
Original post by Joluk
Playing on all low settings and fps still isnt amazing ugh. My pc runs BF3 on high but skyrim seems to kill it.

eek, my computer probably can't play BF3 on high... Hope it can manage skyrim

Are you sure antialiasing on 0? Generally this is one of the most taxing settings, maybe its in a different section or something :/
Reply 2098
Was playing it till 2:30 this morning. Realised a mage doesn't really suit my playing style so replaying the start as a race better suited for being a warrior :biggrin:

Beautiful game though, the graphics were making me goggy eyed on low settings.
Reply 2099
Original post by Joluk

TomsHardware seem to think it scales pretty well. What are your settings and specs? I can't wait to run this thing, I know I'll be able to hit the top tier of graphics :p:

DPD delivery estimate: 2:35pm-3:35pm
Seminar: 2pm-3:30pm

They did this on purpose :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest