The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanS94
Where do you guys spend your gold? :lol: I have constantly above 110000 gold since I was level 20 odd it never goes down and I spend so much money :lol:

By Shinji, that's a lot of money. I've never had more than 15,000 :frown:

The Dawnguard DLC is set for release on the 26th for the 360, but it doesn't release for the PS3 until a month after. So much disappoint.
Original post by velvetbrain
By Shinji, that's a lot of money. I've never had more than 15,000 :frown:

The Dawnguard DLC is set for release on the 26th for the 360, but it doesn't release for the PS3 until a month after. So much disappoint.

I don't know why people have so little money :lol: I go on shopping sprees spend about 40,000 in one city sell all my junk and then go back to 110000 gold :lol: ... I am on xbox :tongue: . But it is unfair that we get it before you, its just that microsoft care about us xboxers to pay for exclusive content :biggrin:
Reply 5862
Where do you guys spend your gold? :lol: I have constantly above 110000 gold since I was level 20 odd it never goes down and I spend so much money :lol:

My character has somewhere round 150000 gold now I think I haven't played it in a while. Getting gold for me was very easy as my character was a sneaky/thief character. So whenever I got bored I would just rob a load of house's and people blind for ****'s and giggles. Plus I never used to spend much at all as my character as I played by the motto of "Never buy anything which there is a possibility of stealing" :laugh:
Not sure what I think about Elder Scrolls Online; it seems like its going to be far too much like WoW or something. I can't say I'll be buying it, namely because I've never been one for MMORPGs and I'd rather bumble through the TES Universe at my own pace rather then feeling obliged to meet the pace of those around me.
I am on xbox :tongue: . But it is unfair that we get it before you, its just that microsoft care about us xboxers to pay for exclusive content :biggrin:
They don't care about you, they care about making money :p: 'Exclusive' DLC (albeit time-restricted exclusivity) for one of the biggest games of the year was deemed a good enough investment if it meant it'd lure people to buy the 360 version rather than the PC/PS3 versions.

Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
You can then save up for that massive house in Solitude. :P

Original post by velvetbrain
Isn't the house in Solitude 25,000? I currently have about 15,000 so I'm almost there!
Really, go for whatever house you want...but I will say that Proudspire Manor in Solitude is likely a waste of money; just buying the house on its own is more expensive than buying and fully upgrading any other house in the game. Fully upgraded, I'm quite content with the storage in Breezehome (Whiterun) and prefer it for its central location in the region. Hjerim (Windhelm) is supposed to be pretty damn good once it's fully kitted out, though it does come with the downside of having to choose between the Empire and Stormcloaks and going through that quest line for a few missions before you're able to purchase it.

I spend my gold on some good Black-Briar reserve and the Argonian Maid. :sexface:
Original post by ahmed
15000?
i can hardly get above 7000 without finding a trainer and spending all of it on skill training
do you not spend it at all till you reach 25000

Find a trainer that can follow you as a companion, get him/her to follow you. Train with him/her, then trade with them and take back all the gold! :tongue:
Oooooh a Mythic Dawn museum!
I've got well over 300,000 gold these days with no real effort to save it.
Just realised that the DLC comes out a day after my final exam :colone:

Time to get some microsoft points :dance:
(edited 11 years ago)
I was casually making stronger and stronger fortify regeneration potions because they make enchantments better for 60 seconds and I used it with my fortify alchemy items and suddenly I made a potion at alchemy level 63 and it was so strong I went to level 100 :biggrin: why didn't I figure this out months ago :lol:

I now have about 100 potions work about 1 billion gold :biggrin:

Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Just realised that the DLC comes out a day after my final exam :colone:

Time to get some microsoft points :dance:

same :biggrin: High 5 :biggrin:
I was casually making stronger and stronger fortify regeneration potions because they make enchantments better for 60 seconds and I used it with my fortify alchemy items and suddenly I made a potion at alchemy level 63 and it was so strong I went to level 100 :biggrin: why didn't I figure this out months ago :lol:

I now have about 100 potions work about 1 billion gold :biggrin:
Alchemy's always been exploitable for easy cash or stupidly overpowered potions. It was particularly bad (or fun, depending on your viewpoint :p:) in Morrowind.
Original post by Dalimyr
Alchemy's always been exploitable for easy cash or stupidly overpowered potions. It was particularly bad (or fun, depending on your viewpoint :p:) in Morrowind.

I didn't know you could do this :lol: I was level 68 and my alchemy was level 40 odd through training because it went up so slowly and I thought I should do something about this, next thing I knew I leveled it up by about twenty through about 20 potions and then it went to 100 :lol:
Reply 5873
level 68?? did you guys get that much levels just playing through the storyline?
Damn, Dawnguard is coming out for the Xbox first . . . can't believe Bethesda is pandering to the console-kiddies.
I'm only level 24 and I have completed the main storyline but no factions.
Reply 5876
whoa skimming through this thread this game seems massive, i'm in the part of the story where you kill your second dragon with delphine (sp?), is there a lot of the story left?
Original post by Einheri
Damn, Dawnguard is coming out for the Xbox first . . . can't believe Bethesda is pandering to the console-kiddies.

I'm a PS3 user :frown:

Does the content come out on July 26th for us and the PC users?
Original post by bmqib
level 68?? did you guys get that much levels just playing through the storyline?

naah I explore a lot and I finished the story line about level 28 (that was with a weeks break to explore) and when I finished all the other questlines I was level 47 :smile: I then wanted the 50G achievement to get to level 50. And a few weeks ago I started playing it again and levelled up to level 70 just for fun :biggrin: :lol:
I kill EVERYTHING I see.
Little rabbit? DEAD
Little fox minding its own business? DEAD
Deer running around eating? DEAD
Sabre cat? DEAD BEFORE IT SEES ME
Bear? DEAD
Dragon? DEAD
M'iaq the Liar? SHOT IN THE FACE!

Quick Reply

Latest