The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psyk
I agree that Morrowind was better than Oblivion. There seemed to be so much more to do in it. I don't know if there actually was, but it seemd like it.

The quests in Morrowind were much better written and took longer. The difficulty was also considerably greater.
Original post by Sammydemon
The quests in Morrowind were much better written and took longer. The difficulty was also considerably greater.

I remember getting lost in the dwermer ruins when you had to get the dwermer puzzle box. I was there for literally hours on end...

That's another element of morrowind. Unlike oblivion where you had some marker which makes most, if not all the quests a no brainer
Reply 582
Original post by Hylean
I do wonder about the disparity in prices, though. And it's definitely not out of the goodness in developers' hearts over the price of hardware.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the licence fees for releasing console games. Not only does a significant chunk of the money made per unit sold go the console manufacturer, there's also the cost of devkits and other services provided by them. I wouldn't be surprised if more money is made per unit on PC games compared to console games, despite the price difference. But of course you generally sell far fewer PC copies.
Original post by Psyk
I agree that Morrowind was better than Oblivion. There seemed to be so much more to do in it. I don't know if there actually was, but it seemd like it.

yes there is. You could even build your own town in Solstheim (in a minor way, not via god simulation if you know what I mean). Once you complete the quest chain in solstheim though. Which is bloody hard if you don't use cheats.

I remember when you had to kill 5-7 spriggans! :O

out of 100 or so hours of gameplay I didn't complete the main story
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 584
Original post by Ilyas
I remember getting lost in the dwermer ruins when you had to get the dwermer puzzle box. I was there for literally hours on end...

That's another element of morrowind. Unlike oblivion where you had some marker which makes most, if not all the quests a no brainer

Yeah, I remember running around searching for someplace (all I can think of is "puddleduck") for one of the mage guild quests - I was lost for hours and hours with those damn cliff ghasts... It was awful, but also really good because I searched loads of the map and found loads of cool stuff. Oblivion transport seemed much too easy...

edit sillipund I think it was
Reply 585
Decided to reinstall morrowind, and a load of mods for it, including one that removes cliff racers. :tongue: Cant stand those things, the combat is still as strange as ever... Its like you and your opponent are just taking turns stabbing each other :erm: and then there are those times you miss a creature directly infront of you.:indiff:
Reply 586
Watching this as we speak.

Supposed to show off some major aspects we haven't seen. From Gamescom 2011.

EDIT: Not bad. Talks about some new stuff.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zorg

Added to OP.

Also putting in a late application for a TSR social group.
And we are official.

The Elder Scrolls Society :wizard:
Reply 589
I so wanna fill that group with piccys :tongue:
I've been playing /so/ much Oblivion lately, it's unreal. This will be good :P .
Original post by Ilyas
im praying this game isn't a disappointment, the elder scrolls is my favorite franchise of all time. I've been through both morrowind and oblivion

I miss morrowind...

the crazy NPCs, when you kill a person in the main story line the sky goes red and every starts panicking and there is a high level quest that recovers all the problems but you only have one shot at it; kill another NPC and you are screwed, Solstheim, Caius Cosades, kill the owner of a nice house in Balmora and claim is as your own and stash all your loot in the house, the legendary mace that I stole from the tribunal museum that was too heavy to carry so I had to pick it up and drop it in front of me and repeat until I reached my house (took about an hour), the list goes on and on.

Morrowind really is that good, I'm the type of person that is very hard to impress, but I am still amazed.

anyone else sympathies with me? please? :frown:

Morrowind was brilliant and the difficulty was just right! Even better than Oblivion (which I still love). That said, I actually prefer it without many improved graphics mods, strangely! Some of the gameplay mods are pretty good though, especially Vampire Embrace and those that improve combat.

Talking about Morrowind has made me want to play it now :redface:

Original post by Corpsetaker
I've been playing /so/ much Oblivion lately, it's unreal. This will be good :P .

I've been playing a lot of Oblivion lately too, especially replaying the Shivering Isles questline. Getting way too excited about Skyrim haha :tongue:

Original post by Zorg

Those dragon fights look amazing! And the gameplay itself looks really good!

Want to play this game so badly now :redface:
Reply 592
Original post by Zorg

For some reason my internet speed is roughly 20x slower than usual to the point that I can't load that video, but I will watch it when it's back to normal :smile:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
And we are official.

The Elder Scrolls Society :wizard:

Reply 593
I dont suppose any of you have played arena or daggerfall? Im tempted to try them but they're ancient.:redface:
I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago, can't wait to get stuck into it! Oblivion was my first ES game, and I was not at all keen at first, but after a while I must admit I was addicted! :tongue:
Original post by vin
I dont suppose any of you have played arena or daggerfall? Im tempted to try them but they're ancient.:redface:

I downloaded one of them from the elder scrolls website but I've no idea how to play them :redface: Think you need a program to run them?

Really want to give them a try though, especially daggerfall.
Reply 596
uh i need this game to come out now. lol

literally so excited for it, loved oblivion hope this one will be just as good if not better.
Reply 597
I really want to preorder this game. Does anyone have any idea which console it will perform better on? I can only assume the 360 so far, because that's what they've been demoing :dontknow:

I want to get it for PS3 though :tongue:
Original post by Zorg
I so wanna fill that group with piccys :tongue:

Oh crap. I disabled pictures when I made it as I've never really seen people add pictures to a group. I'll ask the mods if they can re-enable it if you want?
Reply 599
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Oh crap. I disabled pictures when I made it as I've never really seen people add pictures to a group. I'll ask the mods if they can re-enable it if you want?

Uh huh, yesh please.

Even after the game comes out we can just share the epic scenes.

Quick Reply

Latest