The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Are there any adverts out for it publicly?
Reply 1181
I'm looking forward to Skyrim, however sadly I won't be able to get it straight away. I bought Fifa and am going to get BF3 so I'll be short of cash :frown:
Not that I'm aware of, no. Just keep checking the Bethesda forums, it has all the up to date info, or check Pete Hines Twitter for new info.
Reply 1183
Original post by Eternal*
Are there any adverts out for it publicly?

When I was in the cinema a few weeks ago the very first advert was the Skyrim trailer :yep: unfortunately it had terrible sound quality!
Original post by tface
When I was in the cinema a few weeks ago the very first advert was the Skyrim trailer :yep: unfortunately it had terrible sound quality!

Aah ok, cus i've seen stuff in various gamer magazines etc, but nothing official yet.
The problem is is that they wont release any more information now until release day. So we've nothing to really talk about on here aside from how much we want it. :tongue: Plus counting down to its release day. :woo:

I've seen public adverts too. :yep: Seen quite a few on the TV, actually. Nat Geo, Discovery and BBC Three I've seen them on, at least. These were the ones that just had the voiceover, none of the gameplay in them. Had one friend who said, "What's Skyrim?"

He wont be around to find out. :no:
Reply 1186
Original post by DH-Biker
The problem is is that they wont release any more information now until release day. So we've nothing to really talk about on here aside from how much we want it. :tongue: Plus counting down to its release day. :woo:

I've seen public adverts too. :yep: Seen quite a few on the TV, actually. Nat Geo, Discovery and BBC Three I've seen them on, at least. These were the ones that just had the voiceover, none of the gameplay in them. Had one friend who said, "What's Skyrim?"

Pete Hines said on twitter there would be more previews and media (I think screenshots) coming this week!

Awww, be nice to your friend. Yeah i think i've seen those tv ones too =D

bbc 3?, they don't show adverts on the bbc.
Reply 1189
New Previews!

Dual Shockers.

WIRED - This one is funny and has new screenshots.

IGN.

Rock Paper Shotgun, incredibly short unfortunately.

Enjoy people :smile: And I suggest if you want to keep up with the news that you browse reddit.com/r/skyrim!
Original post by A.galloway
bbc 3?, they don't show adverts on the bbc.

That's what it was on. About three/four weeks ago after Young, Dumb & Living off Mum.

Actually, saying that, the channel could've changed, I went out of the room for a bit and my Sister may have changed the channel, I didn't know what was on afterwards so that's possible I guess. :dontknow:
Original post by tface
Pete Hines said on twitter there would be more previews and media (I think screenshots) coming this week!

He did? I stand corrected!

Usually within this proximity to a release date, info seems to stop. :no:
Reply 1193
Less than a month.
Just sorted my preorder. Can't believe it's £130 for the special edition! Sod that. I went for the regular version with strategy guide and even that was £75. Grumble grumble.
Original post by IlexAquifolium
Just sorted my preorder. Can't believe it's £130 for the special edition! Sod that. I went for the regular version with strategy guide and even that was £75. Grumble grumble.

Is there a GAME shop locally? I've got a deal there that if you put a pre-order of £5 on Skyrim, you get the Game Guide under half price. So what should be £15 is now £7, plus the £50 for Skyrim itself. (I believe RRP for Skyrim is £50? Can't imagine it being lower...).
Reply 1196
Original post by tface
New Previews!

Dual Shockers.

WIRED - This one is funny and has new screenshots.

IGN.

Rock Paper Shotgun, incredibly short unfortunately.

Enjoy people :smile: And I suggest if you want to keep up with the news that you browse reddit.com/r/skyrim!

He did? I stand corrected!

Usually within this proximity to a release date, info seems to stop. :no:

See my post above with new previews and screens :smile:
Original post by IlexAquifolium

:eek: What!? Jeebus, that's expensive. But I suppose if you suckers will pay it :ahee: . . . . . . . . . so would I.
Is anyone else feeling a little unhappy about the racial bonuses and the fact that magicka still replenishes?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/09/26/check-out-skyrim-39-s-race-and-perk-skills.aspx

There seems to be even less between them than there was in Oblivion, (the good old days of Atronach + High elf in Morrowind-I loved the no magicka regenration).

That said the screenshots look great, more like Morrowind than Oblivion but really nice. :biggrin:
Is there a GAME shop locally? I've got a deal there that if you put a pre-order of £5 on Skyrim, you get the Game Guide under half price. So what should be £15 is now £7, plus the £50 for Skyrim itself. (I believe RRP for Skyrim is £50? Can't imagine it being lower...).

I dont think its rrp'd at 50. Cus i've seen it cheaper on other sites.
Its possible to get just the game for £40

Quick Reply

Latest