The Student Room Group

AQA Science A Nov 10 Results

Hi,
I just got my results for B1a and C1a for the Nov 10 series. I am targeted an A overall. I unfortunately and quite suprisingly for me got a B in C1a and D in B1a. From what i understand from our teacher, to get a D you have to get less than 12/35. I just somehow dont think i got less than 12. :mad:. Also before the exam we went through past papers in class and i got either A's or B's on all of them?? I don't get how it was so low!!! My overall UMS was only 66/100 which is only a C. I am just wondering whether it is worthwhile getting a re-mark as i know these papers are electronically marked, so you would think it would be accurate.
Thanks for your help
Reply 1
also it wasnt just me who got a bad mark. There where a lot of other people with A targets who got D's and one even got an E. We are supposed to be a top set aswell:confused:
Reply 2
The computer marking is very accurate... so its not worth a remark. And i dont think that they do remarks for science A.

If there was any errors then they would moderate sample ones. and if there was, check more etc.

I retook and got A* in B1b (50/50) and A* in P1b (45/50) :smile:

Sometimes, the exams for science a arent fully tailored to you, but when you resit then they prob will be. hope this helps
Reply 3
Ouch, did they change the layout of the exam? Maybe they had to up the grade boundaries because the papers were really easy? Maybe... I could go on. I got my grades back for C/P/B1b and they were fine, as was the rest of my year's. What I'm saying is there's little you can actually do now. There's nothing wrong with resitting but if you're 100% certain you could NOT have gotten a B and a D then go for a remark. The chances of your grade going from a D to an A are slim, so bare that in mind.
Original post by pallan
From what i understand from our teacher, to get a D you have to get less than 12/35. I just somehow dont think i got less than 12. :mad:.

Ask for your paper back (this costs money btw) so you can check it. TBH a re-mark will be a waste as you rightly say the paper is electronically marked.

I know someone who was predicted an A* in C3, and got a D, got the paper back and she'd just missed the point on most of the questions she got wrong. Looks like you just had a bad day in the exam (which happens sometimes).

The trend for the a/b papers is for the grade boundaries to increase year on year, and the papers to get more wordy and difficult. 's why my school moved to the written papers.

Get the paper back, check your mistakes, and re-sit in March.
Reply 5
Thanks for all your responses and advice.
Went to see teacher, turns out she has already requested some of the classes marks back as they are worrying low. I think she thinks they have been marked wrong because some of the marks are so so unrealistic.
So anyway, she is getting the papers back for her to look at, then us to look at
Reply 6
Grade boundaries were very high in november.
I got 050a* in all though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending