The Student Room Group

Should i drop an AS Level? HELP

Hey chaps, well i have chemistry, biology, and psychology in the summer. I will have the second units for all of them obv and also i have to retake the first units for each as i faiuled the moduals earlier this month (i am pretty sure i failed them so please just answer based on this). So i have a years worth of biology chemistry and psychology in the summer ohh and i also have to retake gcse maths in the summer :frown:. Now this is alot to deal with as i need As in all my exams but i am also doing english lit and i am failing badly. I find it really hard and it takes up soo much of my time. It sucks and i dont enjoy it at all so i shoudl drop it right?, but i dont want to be that person who is doing three as levels lol, i know it sounds weird but i would feel worse getting three Ds than 4 Ds :s-smilie:. dunno why. what should i do?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Mr C Back
Hey chaps, well i have chemistry, biology, and psychology in the summer. I will have the second units for all of them obv and also i have to retake the first units for each as i faiuled the moduals earlier this month (i am pretty sure i failed them so please just answer based on this). So i have a years worth of biology chemistry and psychology in the summer ohh and i also have to retake gcse maths in the summer :frown:. Now this is alot to deal with as i need As in all my exams but i am also doing english lit and i am failing badly. I find it really hard and it takes up soo much of my time. It sucks and i dont enjoy it at all so i shoudl drop it right?, but i dont want to be that person who is doing three as levels lol, i know it sounds weird but i would feel worse getting three Ds than 4 Ds :s-smilie:. dunno why. what should i do?

I doubt you've done as badly as you think if you're aiming for A's :smile: But if you're worried about re-sits and carrying on all four subjects, first I'd talk to your English Lit teacher and see what they really think you can achieve. Maybe talk about predictions with your other teachers too? Then think about what course/career you're aiming for then consider which A-levels are really best for you to carry on :smile: Don't worry, plenty of people drop AS's :smile: or switch them for something else in year 13!
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest