The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Jesus, Draven is REALLY hard to play with, every game I get like 11 deaths with him, hes a great slayer but can also be a great feeder if you suck at his positioning and movement like me xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Hate supporting for caitlyns.

They just can't do **** in lane.
Reply 1762
Original post by cambo211
Hate supporting for caitlyns.

They just can't do **** in lane.

Imo Cait is the strongest AD in lane phase ... she has amazing range, great bush control with her traps, and great trading with her passive. I can't believe you think she's weak in lane! :redface:
Original post by M_E_X
Imo Cait is the strongest AD in lane phase ... she has amazing range, great bush control with her traps, and great trading with her passive. I can't believe you think she's weak in lane! :redface:

I just like to play bot lane with a lot of burst and kill potential atm :dontknow:

Ali/graves/leona/trist/corki.

And then when i get a Caitlyn i'm just like idk what the **** i'm doing, nothing happens.
Original post by Tzarchasm
Thanks. I tried jungling with Lee Sin earlier (against AI) and I think I'm enjoying it a wee more than expected.

With regards to my runes, I've just started filling them out (having recently completed AP) but I'm still working on my AD runes. But why 'Magic Resistance' on my AP runes when I could get more AP?

My general advice would be not to start playing ranked too early. I started when I wasn't particularly good at the game and my ELO went pretty low so now i'm stuck playing with people who probably don't know their left from their right. If I could go back then I wouldn't start ranked until I had like 400+ wins on Normal mode, and try and just play normal draft because blind pick is horrendous practice for ranked imo. You need proper rune pages before you start and you need to know a couple of champions in all roles.

From my experience, you don't enjoy ranked if you aren't winning, but generally enjoy normals whether you win or lose, so I do recommend as much practice as possible. and a heads up, people in ranked are way bigger scumbags than in normals. Prepare to meet many people who have barely hit puberty. :biggrin:
Original post by Negaduck
My general advice would be not to start playing ranked too early. I started when I wasn't particularly good at the game and my ELO went pretty low so now i'm stuck playing with people who probably don't know their left from their right. If I could go back then I wouldn't start ranked until I had like 400+ wins on Normal mode, and try and just play normal draft because blind pick is horrendous practice for ranked imo. You need proper rune pages before you start and you need to know a couple of champions in all roles.

From my experience, you don't enjoy ranked if you aren't winning, but generally enjoy normals whether you win or lose, so I do recommend as much practice as possible. and a heads up, people in ranked are way bigger scumbags than in normals. Prepare to meet many people who have barely hit puberty. :biggrin:

All of this is completely relevant - I am stuck at 700 ELO because I started ranked before I knew what I was doing, at a point where I could only play two champions (if you can even call it that, because Morgana is constantly banned). Now I can play a couple in every role competently, but I generally get put with people that seem to like throwing the game halfway across the world, and so often i'm left to carry the team, or attempt to. (Doesn't usually work as Soraka, who is my best champ) I'd also reccomend learning the game mechanics to a T - buff timings, last hitting, zoning, warding, roaming and team playing (plus some more that i've probably forgotten) because the ammount of people that can be DESTROYED just because you have a timer on their buff so can get it as soon as it is up, or you have a ward so you can prevent ganks is ridiculous.
Original post by Quornslice
All of this is completely relevant - I am stuck at 700 ELO because I started ranked before I knew what I was doing, at a point where I could only play two champions (if you can even call it that, because Morgana is constantly banned). Now I can play a couple in every role competently, but I generally get put with people that seem to like throwing the game halfway across the world, and so often i'm left to carry the team, or attempt to. (Doesn't usually work as Soraka, who is my best champ) I'd also reccomend learning the game mechanics to a T - buff timings, last hitting, zoning, warding, roaming and team playing (plus some more that i've probably forgotten) because the ammount of people that can be DESTROYED just because you have a timer on their buff so can get it as soon as it is up, or you have a ward so you can prevent ganks is ridiculous.

lol yeah, at this ELO you have to get over 20 kills or your entire team is screwed because everything rests on you. Hit me up if you want to duo queue sometime :P my summoner name is Man on the Edge.
Can't get out of this bad elo, if you look at my history you would understand q_q
Hey guys, I'm always unable to see the 'all' chat in-game. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it. :frown:

Thanks! :redface:
Reply 1769
Original post by SilentIdea
Hey guys, I'm always unable to see the 'all' chat in-game. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it. :frown:

Thanks! :redface:

In game, press escape -> "interface options" or "settings" or something. It's the bottom right check box.

Although, I always leave my "all" chat off, I find it helps me concentrate on my own play more :smile:
Original post by M_E_X
In game, press escape -> "interface options" or "settings" or something. It's the bottom right check box.

Although, I always leave my "all" chat off, I find it helps me concentrate on my own play more :smile:

But isn't it weird if your teammates are talking to the other team but you have no idea what they're talking about?
Havoc is a completely ****ing useless mastery for anyone.
Reply 1772
Havoc is a completely ****ing useless mastery for anyone.

exept for AS teemo
2.1 attacks per seccond that means in 5 seconds he dealt 15% more damage
Original post by chill543
exept for AS teemo
2.1 attacks per seccond that means in 5 seconds he dealt 15% more damage

No.

He dealt 1.5% more damage.

1.5% extra every hit still means that he's only done 1.5% extra damage overall.
Reply 1774
No.

He dealt 1.5% more damage.

1.5% extra every hit still means that he's only done 1.5% extra damage overall.

yeh, thats true actually, i just assumed it would stack.... that is prett piontless.... (time to take it off my masteries :P )
Original post by chill543
yeh, thats true actually, i just assumed it would stack.... that is prett piontless.... (time to take it off my masteries :P )

It's just basic math.

Say you do 100 dmg per hit.

Havoc makes it 101.5.

10 hits without havoc 1000.

10 hits with havoc 1015.

Even on the big bursters ie. veigar, leblanc, annie you'll only be adding 10-15 damage to their late game burst and it just seems a bit pointless.
Dayum, I just seriously carried with my friend. Was 3-0-3 bot ended up 3-0-9. So satisfying I actually thought we would lose coz our mid was at best 100 ELO below my current. Probably less.
Reply 1777
It's just basic math.

Havoc makes it 101.5.

10 hits with havoc 1015.

Even on the big bursters ie. veigar, leblanc, annie you'll only be adding 10-15 damage to their late game burst and it just seems a bit pointless.

yeah, i geuss its only effective when you deal 10000+ damage :P
It's just basic math.

Havoc makes it 101.5.

10 hits with havoc 1015.

If you're saying it that way, surely 3% lifesteal is kinda useless too. Doing 1000 damage only returns 30 hp, which would be even less if ignited
Original post by koolkelv
If you're saying it that way, surely 3% lifesteal is kinda useless too. Doing 1000 damage only returns 30 hp, which would be even less if ignited

Yes but the 3% lifesteal makes the most sense to get if you're and AD carry going for the Executioner mastery.

Of the possible ways you could distribute those points the lifesteal is the best.

I mainly see Havoc taken by APs and in just about every situation putting the 3 Havoc points into the +3 ad mastery is better IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest