The Student Room Group

The pill is making me fart!

Please keep anon as it's embarrassing!

I've nearly come to end of my first pack of dianette and the first 2 weeks days were absolutely fine, no side effects whatsoever. Then I started getting really bad stomach ache and indigestion after eating and my stomach was making noticeable noises, as in it was embarrassing when I was with other people. Now I just get very bloated and have really bad wind. I don't know if there is anything I can do to help stop this? It seems weird that I was fine for 2 weeks and now I'm not. It sounds like nothing but it's actually not because I get worried about eating and I don't know what to eat and whether it makes it better or worse etc.

Has anyone else had this?

:frown:
I know it's embarrasing etc but you should really talk to a GP to see if this is normal?
Reply 2
Tried Google'ing the side effects of the pill in question? That's usually a good idea. If that doesn't bring up any results I suggest you head back to your GP cos I can imagine that's a tad unpleasant for you!!! :frown:
:lolwut:

hehehehehe
Reply 4
It's the price you have to pay in order to have sex without worry of conceiving .... farting all day long.
That's hot. :sexface:
I was on Dianette for something like 4 years and I can't say I had anything like that...side effects vary from person to person, but that's not something I've heard of before. Go and see your doctor and take it up with them.

Also, is there a particular reason why you're on Dianette? I was taken off it by my gynecologist last year because apparently it's a high risk pill :s-smilie:
What makes you even think they're connected? It seems like it could be something totally unrelated.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
Please keep anon as it's embarrassing!

I've nearly come to end of my first pack of dianette and the first 2 weeks days were absolutely fine, no side effects whatsoever. Then I started getting really bad stomach ache and indigestion after eating and my stomach was making noticeable noises, as in it was embarrassing when I was with other people. Now I just get very bloated and have really bad wind. I don't know if there is anything I can do to help stop this? It seems weird that I was fine for 2 weeks and now I'm not. It sounds like nothing but it's actually not because I get worried about eating and I don't know what to eat and whether it makes it better or worse etc.

Has anyone else had this?

:frown:
Same problem! Just started new contraception that I havnt used before (I’ve used different ones in the past and this never happened) however these pills are makimy me super super bloated, painful stomach and lots of gas 😕 did u ever find out if it was normal

Latest