The Student Room Group

HOW DO YOU CHECK IF A SOLICITOR IS REAL AND NOT A CON ARTIST?v

Is there a wesbite where I can check?

NB:I aplogise for the caps.And, will forget any irrelevent comments.
Reply 2
Original post by optimisticbabe
And, will forget any irrelevent comments.

:getmecoat:
Reply 3

His firm is not on there. Should that ring alarm bells?.
Reply 4
His firm is not on there. Should that ring alarm bells?.

Did you search him personally? There's a "solicitor search" button where you can enter his name and see when he qualified, what areas he works in and where he works =)
Reply 5
Original post by Vohamanah
Did you search him personally? There's a "solicitor search" button where you can enter his name and see when he qualified, what areas he works in and where he works =)

I checked on here too and nothing. He states he has a LLB hons on his card. Is that enough?.
Reply 6
I checked on here too and nothing. He states he has a LLB hons on his card. Is that enough?.

That's not a solicitor, it means he has a law degree =) Is he actually claiming to be a solicitor?
Reply 7

Yes, everything on a card is true.
Reply 8
That's not a solicitor, it means he has a law degree =) Is he actually claiming to be a solicitor?

Yes, if giving advice, filling out applications and charging a fee is what a solicitor does.Is it illegal?.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about law and what solicitors do.
Reply 9
Yes, if giving advice, filling out applications and charging a fee is what a solicitor does.Is it illegal?.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about law and what solicitors do.

Certain area of law are 'protected' and can only be done by a solicitor. Most are not. Unless he's falsely claiming to be a solicitor or doing protected work he's perfectly entitled to do that =)
Certain area of law are 'protected' and can only be done by a solicitor. Most are not. Unless he's falsely claiming to be a solicitor or doing protected work he's perfectly entitled to do that =)

Are they allowed into court?.

:smile:. Thank your all your help, so far.
Ask him if he's a con artist. If he says yes it means he is a con artist if he says no it means he isn't a con artist.
Are they allowed into court?.

:smile:. Thank your all your help, so far.

Depends which court and what they are doing there =) E.g. small claims court would be fine.
How can I find out if my solicitor is who he say he is. What do I need to know
How do I find if our solicitor is genuine and not a con man. What so I do to find out if he is registered and genuine
Please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending