The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dragonfly07
Innocent civillians killed is collateral. These things happen during war and are unfortunate.

It is not collateral damage if the Israelis are purposely bombing innocent civilians. I fail to see how settlers planting bombs in schools, consequently killing children, is collateral damage?
Original post by economist2
Are you an israeli?

I am neither a Jew nor an Israeli. I just support them but also support a solution to the Palestinian problem.
Original post by jelly1000
Of course not, because Israeli has good defenses and doesn't use people as human shields. I'm more than aware of Palestinian casualties. And you do know there is a difference between Jewish and Zionist. How about I blame all Muslims for something then?

You're absolutely right. My apologies. It's not the real Jews, who don't believe that Israel should exist as a state, it is the Zionists who parade under the identify of Jews. You were correct on that point. My bad.

But please, do expand on the human shields bit. I'm curious.

We Muslims get blamed for everything anyway. You adding a bit more fuel to the fire won't do much in the grand scheme of things.
Original post by Hippysnake
Unless you're legally blind and deaf or have an IQ of less than 50 then it should be obviously apparent. Three Israeli boys (who were infact, soldiers) get killed and it's pretty much all you see on TV. Hundreds get killed from the other side and you'd never hear about it on TV.

This is categorically false

you are clearly suffering from the hostile media effect

(don't get me wrong, people who are pro-Israel do it too)
Original post by Muzill
From which source can you prove that there have been a "few hundred" deaths on either side you fool. Israel have been mass murdering Palestinians for years. Whereas there have been rarities of death of an Israeli due to a Palestinian. From which the government takes advantage of by using media to show the world of the "terrorism" they are going through. The Arabs gave them shelter from Nazis, but I guess you should never cure a dying snake. As after regaining strength, it kills the one that looked after it first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound bitter and misinformed. My sources range from well established papers, not the Daily mail or Daily Palestinian sources as you might be familiar with in quoting. Indeed there are rarities of death in Israel. Years of anti-semitic, anti-zionistic ideology has manifested itself into the desire to defend which can be attributed to their Iron Dome system and the relationships they have with other countries. "Terrorism" as you so ineptly stated is only advocated by terrorist organisations such as the PLO and Hamas and I invite you to find me information that clears them of blood-shed - again you can't use the Daily Palestinian to quote.

The only nation to have been killed in the millions are Jews through the entirety of History. Fact. They are prosperous, giving only the highest quality of scientists and humanists to the world as shown by the disproportionate Jewish Nobel laureates and for these gifts, only bitter resentment is given in return. Palestinians and Islamic fundamentalists contribute nothing to society in terms of Science or any other matter. They should be proud to live near one of the most scientifically developed countries in the world given it's short existence.
Unless you're legally blind and deaf or have an IQ of less than 50 then it should be obviously apparent. Three Israeli boys (who were infact, soldiers) get killed and it's pretty much all you see on TV. Hundreds get killed from the other side and you'd never hear about it on TV.

Because those 3 dead Israelis caused this current scrap to occur. That's why they get the attention.
Original post by Dragonfly07
Yes there is. The boys called the police to let them know they were kidnapped and the whole call was recorded. You could hear the boys being shot dead IN the call. Didn't the Western media cover that? Or Al-Jazeera... ?

Innocent civillians killed is collateral. These things happen during war and are unfortunate. I would go as far as to say that the number of Palestinian deaths has been surprisingly low (less than 10k since the beginning of Israel) considering the difference in military strength and Palestinians' insistence on racial hatred.

I have listened to the call, nowhere in the recording is there anything to indicate that it was Hamas, other groups, or individuals could be the perpetrators.

No you're wrong. Innocent civilians do die in war, and I concur, it is inevitable. But there's a huge difference when it is civilians that are dying predominantly. You are deluded once again, more than 10,000 innocent civilians died during the Arab-Israeli war of 1948, which led to the creation of Israel. The total amount of deaths is far higher than that. I think you would find just as much racial hatred from the Israeli far right, who amongst other things have recently started calling for Palestinian genocide, once again.
Original post by yo radical one
This is categorically false

you are clearly suffering from the hostile media effect

(don't get me wrong, people who are pro-Israel do it too)

Instead of diagnosing me with a psuedo-illness, perhaps you can backup your claims with evidence?
This is not even about land any more this is about the israel wanting to kill all the Muslims and get ride of Islam which will never ever happen.

Palestine is not even the jews country so they have no right to defend themselves, get out of the Palestine!!!! How would England like it if the Muslims took over England, they would get angry right? same with Gaza..

PS all this crap about gaza sending rockets to Israel is all bull**** what rockets?? the bbc are saying that so people fell sorry for israel.
Instead of diagnosing me with a psuedo-illness, perhaps you can backup your claims with evidence?

The fact that I turn on the TV and BBC news reports on both the murdered Israel teens and the murdered Palestinian student

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28182704

:dunce:

You are clearly too wrapped up in your own victimhood to debate properly without calling Zionists Nazis, or some other childish BS

Original post by cherry_heart2047
This is not even about land any more this is about the israel wanting to kill all the Muslims and get ride of Islam which will never ever happen.

Palestine is not even the jews country so they have no right to defend themselves, get out of the Palestine!!!! How would England like it if the Muslims took over England, they would get angry right? same with Gaza..

PS all this crap about gaza sending rockets to Israel is all bull**** what rockets?? the bbc are saying that so people fell sorry for israel.

Why would Israel even want to wipe out all Muslims? The stuff I read here is just so failtastic
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Israel holds all the cards here. If she just listened to the Palestinian request for 22% of the land, there's a good chance that there would not have been as many wars as there have been AND they may have been able to peacefully co-exist.

The idea of establishing a Palestinian state on 22% of the land (West Bank and Gaza) only came about in 1988, when Jordan renounced all claims over the West Bank and took away their Jordanian passports. Between 1948 and 1967, Jordan annexed the West Bank and Egypt occupied Gaza. No one spoke a word about a Palestinian people or a Palestinian state. This was always a regional Arab-Israeli conflict until the first intifada in 1987.

Hamas does not support a two state solution. While we consider Jewish homes in the West Bank as settlements, Hamas considers all of Israel to be a settlement. So in regards to this conflict, its not really relevant to the traditional two state solution talks between Israel and the PA. There are actually no settlements in Gaza since 2005 anyway, and Israel had no blockade or restrictions on Gaza prior to the rocket attacks.
We should congratulate Israel on the tiny number of civilian casualties inflicted on the inhabitants of Gaza during their long-overdue operation to crush the terrorist menace. The Israeli policy of warning people that their buildings are due to be demolished is humane in the extreme.
Do the Hamas guys ring up the people they are aiming their rockets at ? I doubt it.
Original post by ryan9900
I don't know, but it Israelly bad.

:facepalm:
Original post by missfats
The US will stay out because they are "allies" for the price of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians?

**** USA **** UK **** GENOCIDE! This is the Palestinian holocaust! Jews your forefathers were tortured like this, yet I see none of you raising awareness of your fellow countrymen being slaughtered in masses?!!

#FreePalestine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give me one reason why this a holocaust. If we look back to the holocaust of the jews, the Nazi's murdered Jews for the sole purpose that they were jewish, there was no attack from the jews on the nazis, no reason for them to kill them other than jealousy.

The israelis now aren't killing palestinians for the sole purpose that they are from Palestine or are muslim, they are attacking in retaliation to an area of the world which wants to destroy the state of Israel.

Like the Prime minister of Israel said. "No other country would sit back and be blown to smithereens."

Before you make comments like this:
1- Get your facts straight (know what a holocaust is)
2- Open your eyes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GrapeLeaves
I find it funny that in reality 50% of Jewish Israelis are from the Middle East, many of them refugees from Arab countries where 850,000 Jews got deported from after 1948.

Many of the European Jews immigrated to the U.S. Go to Israel and you'll see most of them with dark features no different than the Arabs.

That's just a half-truth. While that may of been true during the early creation of Israel in 1948 and the 1950's. It is certainly not true anymore. Hundreds of thousands have since immigrated from the US & Europe as well as millions from the former Soviet Union.
Original post by cherry_heart2047
Palestine is not even the jews country so they have no right to defend themselves, get out of the Palestine!!!!

Yeh, just like Germany wasn't the Pole's country, so they had no right to defend themselves in WW2.

I don't support Israel, but equally people spout so much rubbish to criticise them.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
That's just a half-truth. While that may of been true during the early creation of Israel in 1948 and the 1950's. It is certainly not true anymore. Hundreds of thousands have since immigrated from the US & Europe as well as millions from the former Soviet Union.

1 million is from the former Soviet Union. Israeli Jews are 6 million in Israel.

Actually very few Jews from the U.S. have immigrated there. Most of them are happy where they live.
The idea of establishing a Palestinian state on 22% of the land (West Bank and Gaza) only came about in 1988, when Jordan renounced all claims over the West Bank and took away their Jordanian passports. Between 1948 and 1967, Jordan annexed the West Bank and Egypt occupied Gaza. No one spoke a word about a Palestinian people or a Palestinian state. This was always a regional Arab-Israeli conflict until the first intifada in 1987.

Hamas does not support a two state solution. While we consider Jewish homes in the West Bank as settlements, Hamas considers all of Israel to be a settlement. So in regards to this conflict, its not really relevant to the traditional two state solution talks between Israel and the PA. There are actually no settlements in Gaza since 2005 anyway, and Israel had no blockade or restrictions on Gaza prior to the rocket attacks.

This really is the essence of the problem, strip away the lies that these people care about human rights (look at how Hamas treats Arab-Muslims and you will see how false this is) and you will see people who will never accept, Israel as a state for the Jews and this is a problem. Sure if you want Israel to dismantle all settlements in the West Bank, I could see where you are coming from, but unless the people debating here accept Israel as a Jewish state, nothing they say really adds to the conversation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bonnie_x
It is not collateral damage if the Israelis are purposely bombing innocent civilians. I fail to see how settlers planting bombs in schools, consequently killing children, is collateral damage?

The settlers in the West bank are a completely different topic, and they're not the Israeli government, they're just come citizens who happen to have racial hatred towards Palestinians and who think that Israel should belong to the Jews only.

This discussion is about the conflict in Gaza, and everything I said about it before was true and irrelevant to what you just said.
I am neither a Jew nor an Israeli. I just support them but also support a solution to the Palestinian problem.

Your posts show no sign of 'supporting a solution to the Palestinian problem'.You just support israel is all.You think launching rockets into Gaza killing and injuring(like taking out a few limbs) children and civilians is the best way to go about finding the hamas?How pathetic must a government be to,kill the civilians of a country because of the acts of terrorists.

Latest

Trending

Trending