The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsMan12
Maths - M1 100, C1 100 and C2 100
Further Maths - S1 90, FP1 97 and D1 95
Economics - Unit1 - 100 Unit2 - 92
Physics - Unit 1 85/90 Unit 2 150/150 Practical 34/60 (My school doesnt help much/at all with practicals, i got 3rd highest out of 40 people)

GCSE: 1A*, 6A, 3B, 1C and 1D

Any chance for maths? (My average across relevant three excluding physics practical is 97%)

PS whoever gets 50+/60 in their physics ISA/Practical has obviously cheated with aid from their school. (Just saying)

Also does going to a below average school help?

I'd say you easily have a chance, definitely get an interview at least...

I'm in a similar situation to you! (maths applicant)
Reply 9881
Original post by coolstorybrother
Have people gotten into cambridge with AAAB at AS? Can you at least get to an interview stage with AAAB?

I've gotten to the interview stage with ABC (this was due to some serious extenuating circumstances though)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
I'd say you easily have a chance, definitely get an interview at least...

I'm in a similar situation to you! (maths applicant)

Im guessing my chances for economics at cambridge is literally nil due my gcse's..?
Original post by Xotol
Out interest, when Cambridge take an average of the 3 most 'relevant' subjects (for medicine), does Chem have to be included for this? I take Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths... I've had conflicting opinions about this when I've talked to different admissions tutors.

Most likely they will take an average across all four

Original post by ChrisE2
I've gotten to the interview stage with ABC (this was due to some serious extenuating circumstances though)

what counts as extenuating circumstances? Would the death of a relative - the relative being say a grandparent?
Original post by coolstorybrother
what counts as extenuating circumstances? Would the death of a relative - the relative being say a grandparent?

The Extenuating Circumstances Form mostly mentions things that happened directly to you that "significantly disrupts" your education. It is up to your school to fill out so they have somewhat of a role of judging whether the extenuating circumstances counts. Of course you may ask your school to fill it if you think your performance was significantly affected. The Form is not designed so that someone who submits one is guaranteed to get a lower threshold for everything, but rather it's to enable the admissions tutors to take context into account and they will make exceptions to their normal standards in individual cases if they judge the circumstances merit them.

Latest

Trending

Trending