The Student Room Group

Msc Management - Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by student99991
Good luck! I'm currently in the middle of my application. How long did it take for you to get a response?

Hey! I applied sometime in the second half of November. My references were both up by the first week of December but I didn't hear from them until January, when I decided to call them because I had another offer from Cass and I needed to pay my deposit. On the phone they told me about the interview and that things were delayed by Christmas break ect. Anyways, I did my interview last Thursday and now I'm waiting. Fingers crossed!

Anybody knows the chances of getting in / being rejected after the interview? I just wanna know alreadyyyy
Reply 21
adc92 I am having my interview for MSC Management in couple days. What questions have they asked you? Thanks in advance
Reply 22
Anyone of you guys had an interview recently and could give some guidance in a sense what questions are asked? Is the interview very formal or rather informal? Much appreciated :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by adc92
Anybody is having an interview soon? I'll be attending mine tomorrow. I hope it goes smoothly! Any tips and question samples would be very much appreciated 😁 thanks!

How did it go?
Reply 24
Original post by SBafa
How did it go?

Still waiting 😩
Reply 25
Original post by SBafa
How did it go?

Got an offer today! I'm so happyyyy
Reply 26
Original post by mbudri
Anyone of you guys had an interview recently and could give some guidance in a sense what questions are asked? Is the interview very formal or rather informal? Much appreciated :smile:

Only saw this now. The interview was pretty informal but I found some of the questions very specific in the sense that they wanted a lot of detail. The questions were what you can expect: why management why imperial what are your career objective and how will imperial help you achieve them and so on... But for every reply I gave they asked me to list a lot of details and personal experiences. All in all is not that daunting but you gota be a little prepared ✌️
Reply 27
Original post by adc92

Great! Congratulations :biggrin: I saw what you answered underneath, besides that did they ask you anything specific based on your answers in your career questions or your personal statement?
Reply 28
Original post by SBafa
Great! Congratulations :biggrin: I saw what you answered underneath, besides that did they ask you anything specific based on your answers in your career questions or your personal statement?

Thanks! Well... Even though the questions weren't explicitly related to my answers or personal statement, I was asked questions about my past experiences (academic and not), skills and future career goals. So yeah, in a way they did ask questions concerning the application but they weren't directly drawn from it. You know what I mean?

Have you applied already?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by adc92
Thanks! Well... Even though the questions weren't explicitly related to my answers or personal statement, I was asked questions about my past experiences (academic and not), skills and future career goals. So yeah, in a way they did ask questions concerning the application but they weren't directly drawn from it. You know what I mean?

Have you applied already?

okay yea i get it, thank you!! :smile: yes i applied and i have an interview on the 6th!! :eek:
Reply 30
Original post by SBafa
okay yea i get it, thank you!! :smile: yes i applied and i have an interview on the 6th!! :eek:

Oh good luck! Keep us posted!
Reply 31
Original post by adc92

Congrats! Do you know how long it typically takes to hear about an interview from the time you apply?
Reply 32
Original post by green91
Congrats! Do you know how long it typically takes to hear about an interview from the time you apply?

Please read one of my previous posts in response to student99991. It's all explsined there :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by adc92
Please read one of my previous posts in response to student99991. It's all explsined there :smile:

Thanks! I have my interview this Friday actually. A little nervous.
Hey guys!
I gave my interview for Msc Management today and it went okayish.
So does any of you have an idea whether they give rejections after the interview or do they usually take you.?
Reply 35
Original post by Arpankhandelwal
Hey guys!
I gave my interview for Msc Management today and it went okayish.
So does any of you have an idea whether they give rejections after the interview or do they usually take you.?

my friend interviewed last year but he got rejected a week later, so they do reject applicants but I dont know how often etc.!

Do you mind telling me what type of questions they asked you etc.? I have my interview next friday!! thanks a lot.
Ohh god..this is the first negative reply I have read on this blog. Thanks anyway.
They ask about why imperial and all.
The other questions were my profile specific.
Reply 37
I have heard that there is a high chance they will give you an offer if you reach the interview stage. However, I am sure you still have to be well prepared.

My interview is on the 3rd of March. Hopefully it goes well :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by LST94
I have heard that there is a high chance they will give you an offer if you reach the interview stage. However, I am sure you still have to be well prepared.

My interview is on the 3rd of March. Hopefully it goes well :smile:

I applied for the same programme. Do you mind sharing your profile and how long did you have to wait for an interview invitation?
@LST
Thank you so much for the response.
All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending