The Student Room Group

Msc Management - Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelranai
Do you know when are the offer holder deadlines?

Well, these will be varied considering that interviews have been held as early as February until now and offers were made within different timeframes after the interviews. The only thing that is the same regardless of offer holder is that there is 28 days from receiving a formal offer until accepting it. Mine expires at the end of the week.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone else struggling with the scholarship essay?
Original post by student99991
Is anyone else struggling with the scholarship essay?

Which scholarship have you applied for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tina5669
Which scholarship have you applied for?

the business school scholarship

http://wwwf.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/programmes/scholarships/
Reply 124
How long after the interview do they usually reply? I had the interview on 1st o of may and still no reply..
Does anybody know what the intake ratio/ chances of being accepted after the interview?
Reply 125
Hi Lst94. I'm from Italy too and I have my interview in 10 days.. Could you please tell me what they asked you? Do you think it's hard to get in with an Italian BSc?
Reply 126
Hi 12fred, in my interview they asked me some straightforward questions. For example:

why did you choose ICBS and the MSc in Management?

They also asked questions about my internships and my future career.

An Italian BSc is in no way a disadvantage. Where did you study?
Reply 127
Original post by LST94
Hi 12fred, in my interview they asked me some straightforward questions. For example:

why did you choose ICBS and the MSc in Management?

They also asked questions about my internships and my future career.

An Italian BSc is in no way a disadvantage. Where did you study?

Thank you Suf!
I haven't checked the post before sending you a PM!
I'm currently studying in Milan! I thought so, because my uni is not well ranked even though it gives you a wide knowledge, especially in the BSc! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 128
I'm not Suf :smile:
You can contact me on fb here if you want: https://m.facebook.com/lawrence.terracciano?ref=bookmark
Reply 129
I was put on the waiting list as well.. Do you guys have any idea how does the waiting list work? Are there still chance to get in?
Reply 130
Original post by LST94
I'm not Suf :smile:
You can contact me on fb here if you want: https://m.facebook.com/lawrence.terracciano?ref=bookmark

I'm Sorry! just got confused! :smile:
Thank you for your help!
Reply 131
Original post by Arpankhandelwal
I got my result today.
They have kept me on waiting list.
Any idea how much chances are there to get through the same and in how much time do they revert to waiting applicants?

I was put on the waiting list as well. Did you already hear back from them?
Original post by xhino
I was put on the waiting list as well. Did you already hear back from them?

No not as of yet. Still on waiting list.
What about you?
Reply 133
No not as of yet. Still on waiting list.
What about you?

Me neither:/ when did they put you on the waiting list? Have you ever since contacted them?
Original post by xhino
Me neither:/ when did they put you on the waiting list? Have you ever since contacted them?

I was put to waiting list on 6th April. I tried contacting them but the only response they gave was that they can not comment anything as of yet.
Don't know when will the results be announced.
These kinds of interviews are to gauge that you are indeed who you say you are and that you have a clear understanding of the course and some common sense. You can gauge a lot about a person in that time. It also builds familiarity and rapport with the course staff.

In any case, masters degrees are cash fodder for UK universities nowadays. So if you're a good candidate why wouldn't they accept you? If you want a cheap masters go to continental Europe - EU loopholes mean you can pay only £200-500 for a masters degree, but you'll obviously need a foreign language.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 136
has anyone taken the english language interview? I am having mine in a few days and want to know what kind of questions can be asked. thank you so much!
Hi,

I have my Skype interview scheduled on 3rd of June. Could you please share your experiences that might help me.
I was put to waiting list and got my offer letter today. Ecstatic!
Can anyone help me with the accommodation part if he/she has already done a research regarding the same?
Also, if someone is looking for a partner to share room with, please let me know.
My facebook account :
https://www.facebook.com/arpan.khandelwal.33
I was put to waiting list and got my offer letter today. Ecstatic!
Can anyone help me with the accommodation part if he/she has already done a research regarding the same?
Also, if someone is looking for a partner to share room with, please let me know.
My facebook account :
https://www.facebook.com/arpan.khandelwal.33

Firstly, Congratulations for your offer.
Regarding the accommodation you can have a look into this site called spareroom.co.uk. You will find good options to stay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending