The Student Room Group

Msc Management - Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone,

I will graduate in September (MSc Management 2014/2015), so I won't need my books anymore. I can sell you the titles required for ACRA (Michael Jones, Accounting, 3rd Edition) £25, Corporate Finance (Hiller at al.) £15 and Business Economics (Sexton, The Exploration of Economics) £20. Moreover, if you are going to choose the Digital Business Pathway, you will need (Jordan - Information, Technology and Innovation) £15. In order to make your life easier, I can give you scripts, exam notes and lecture materials for £30. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Hello! I'm applying for MSc management and just got interview invitation. Has anyone already taken the interview? The format has changed this year and I really hope someone can share the interview experience. Thx a lot!
Hello.. I got an interview too. @cynthianiyu Did you take the interwiev? How was it?
Hello! I got an interview too. Completed it last night and was slightly surprised at the format. Four basic pre-recorded questions, such as "demonstrate cases of leadership", and one written question. Unsurprising. However, what I wasn't prepared for was the sheer lack of time/preparation on blind questions. 20 seconds to read/think of an answer and 60 seconds to record a response. The whole thing is over in around 15 mins, but it feels like you've been through 60 with Mike Tyson. Very nerve-wracking and perhaps even more so for people who are from a Humanities background and in full-time jobs with a limited time to dedicate. Nevertheless, pleased to have done it and fingers-crossed.

I understand the merits of a virtual interview in terms of getting to know a candidate on a basic level and assessing communication skills, but to remove any conversational aspect seems to devalue the process as a determinable and accurate assessment of one's personality.

Awaiting feedback and response. Any ideas on timeframe for this?
Original post by BilboSay
Hello! I got an interview too. Completed it last night and was slightly surprised at the format. Four basic pre-recorded questions, such as "demonstrate cases of leadership", and one written question. Unsurprising. However, what I wasn't prepared for was the sheer lack of time/preparation on blind questions. 20 seconds to read/think of an answer and 60 seconds to record a response. The whole thing is over in around 15 mins, but it feels like you've been through 60 with Mike Tyson. Very nerve-wracking and perhaps even more so for people who are from a Humanities background and in full-time jobs with a limited time to dedicate. Nevertheless, pleased to have done it and fingers-crossed.

I understand the merits of a virtual interview in terms of getting to know a candidate on a basic level and assessing communication skills, but to remove any conversational aspect seems to devalue the process as a determinable and accurate assessment of one's personality.

hello! Yours sound similar to my case! Completely agree that the platform is such a nerve wrecking (but I applied to Msc Innovation, entrepreneurship and management though)
I had this video interview on 31 Dec, haven't heard back any response since.
When did you do yours?
Reply 145

Hello,I just received an invitation for the interview and I was wondering if you could give me an insight on what kind of questions you got?Thank you and good luck!
Reply 146
Original post by busecanli
Hello.. I got an interview too. @cynthianiyu Did you take the interwiev? How was it?

Hello,

I got the interview today. Did you do it already? and how was it?
I'm very anxious at the idea of talking to a computer instead of a real person
Reply 147
Original post by miremind
hello! Yours sound similar to my case! Completely agree that the platform is such a nerve wrecking (but I applied to Msc Innovation, entrepreneurship and management though)
I had this video interview on 31 Dec, haven't heard back any response since.
When did you do yours?

Hello!I hope you had a positive reply from Imperial!Can you please give me an insight about the questions you were asked. I am applying for Msc in Management but for some reason I can't seem to find anyone that can give me interview tips and advices as well as some example of questions that were asked.Thank you so much in advance
Original post by tnk05
Hello!I hope you had a positive reply from Imperial!Can you please give me an insight about the questions you were asked. I am applying for Msc in Management but for some reason I can't seem to find anyone that can give me interview tips and advices as well as some example of questions that were asked.Thank you so much in advance

there will be 4 questions in total, 3 spoken and 1 written answer.
The questions are about how is your leadership (i.e. given the situation, and ask how you gonna solve it), how related of your previous degree to the programme, what do you do outside curriculum.
My advice would be to get familiar to the platform! Go log in to KiraTalent site and you can rehearse the procedure there.

And I haven't heard anything back from Imperial yet, it has been a month since the interview!

Good luck!
Received an offer onto MSc Management 2016/17 today! I applied around 27th December and completed the interview on Thursday 28th January
Received an offer onto MSc Management 2016/17 today! I applied around 27th December and completed the interview on Thursday 28th January

HI BilboSay, How long after did you receive the email for the interview?
Hey, I have applied to the MSc Marketing at Imperial and I have received an invitation for an interview. I was wondering if anybody had passed this interview for this course and if you could give me some insight in terms of the questions they asked? :-)

Thanks
Hey guys! I'm finalising my application now. Any tips or examples for career questions?
Hey guys! Has anyone heard back for MSc Management?
Original post by Helloooeveryone
Hey guys! Has anyone heard back for MSc Management?

Just recieved my offer today for msc management for 2016, applied 4-03-2016 & interviewed 11-04-16.
Original post by badeniran
Just recieved my offer today for msc management for 2016, applied 4-03-2016 & interviewed 11-04-16.

Just got my offer too couple of hours back! Are u still waiting for other schools or ure going to accept it?
Appreciate if any current students in the msc management course can advise on the the work placement option in the electives does include internships with areas other than consulting (i.e. ibd)
Original post by Helloooeveryone
Just got my offer too couple of hours back! Are u still waiting for other schools or ure going to accept it?

I have an offer for an mba at another school, so currently weighing the 2 but i'm leaning towards imperial because of it's reputation
Original post by badeniran
I have an offer for an mba at another school, so currently weighing the 2 but i'm leaning towards imperial because of it's reputation

Cool! Whats ur current profile like? Is the mba offer in uk as well?
Reply 159
Hi there, is anyone still waiting in waiting list now? (2016/17)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending