The Student Room Group

Gap Year 2009-10 Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Is that excess loan/grant?
That's just what's in my bank account. So from loans and grant etc. I started uni with about £800 though from the au pairing, so I already had a good start.
I started uni with about £1500 from work, but my loan is less than my accommodation and I don't get any grant or anything :frown: sad times.

My parents will be retiring soon as well, so I don't know how things are going to be financially for the second half of my second year, and my last year at uni.
You could always then get a change of circumstances form and apply for the grant.
Do they take into account current circumstances though? Because we worked out that by the time I need to apply for 3rd year finance, it will still be my parents P60s from the year before (Cos that's always what they ask for).
I think so. I mean, if you're no longer getting the money :/ Or you could wait till after the tax year end and by then your parents won't be in work so surely they must work out that you don't get that money?? I dunno though, but I can't see them leaving you without :erm:.
Decided I need new clothes, so I am off to see how warm it is as it's sunny. Though this evening I do want to go to the gym, and I do want to get my mock exam done and I do want to get 700 words of this assignment done today. And no sleeping until all of this is done :awesome:
Ally, with your parents retiring they'll take it into account and look at your parents' pension instead, as obviously you won't be supported by them as much as you are now.
That should be the case, at least. When mum's made redundant in September I'ma have to reapply I think to get the full whack loans and grants.

I live off about £20-30 a week and I'm still almost at the end of my overdraft, and can't find a job anywhere. Ffs...
But they always as for a previous tax year's info, so for this student finance for 11/12 they asked for 09/10 information. So when I come to apply for 12/13 they'll want 10/11's P60, which won't have my parents new income in.

So I'm assuming I'd have to be like, oi, my parents don't have that money anymore? Because just applying the normal way won't show our new financial situation...

PS. I'm not Ally :emo:
Ah ****, I know you're Alex, it's just I'm doing this on my phone so it's really hard to check :p:

I know that's the case, but you're right - your parents won't have that money any more so I'm pretty sure they need to take that into account. May be worth a call to student finance, but like Nina said, I can't see them leaving us even worse off. at least I hope not, or i'm off to the work house.
I'll do that then :sexface:

I've got so much to do now. And brunch was weird, a cheese and bean melt (which would have been nice) but with onions in :s-smilie:. Then I had 3 potato croquettes and some mushrooms...

Very odd.
I'm starving, but B is on his way with toast for me so I can munch on it in bed :biggrin:

Need to go take out monies, top up my Oyster card, go see ducks, then go back to Swansea. Wanna stay here :frown:
I need to write essay x 3, seminar prep x 3 and blah :frown:
lol at work. one of the new starters isnt planning to stay and i dont blame her. she had a go at one of the team leaders last night for calling her slow. i mean what do you expect from them theyve been here 2 weeks and youve left them on their own nobody to show them what to do etc.
It's gorgeous outside. It's not just sunny, it's warm so that a cardigan is enough :biggrin: Ah now I need something to eat and then to do my assignment! I'm on a personal bet with someone that I can't get 700 words and my mock exam done today :proud:
i wouldnt know, i had to sleep through the nice weather ¬_¬ one more night! its just 10 hrs.

manager is in my good books cos he let me switch my shift aaand it gives me more time off :biggrin:
Yey!!! Just got 486 more words to write :work:
(edited 13 years ago)
nice one ^_^ i have a busy 3 weeks and my backlog is currently:
ed209 - chapters 5 and 6, methods handbook 5 6 and 7, audio bands, TMA 02...
aa100 - chapters 4, 5 and 6, TMA 06, then TMA 07 >_>

then i have the next 3 weeks work on top...hello life! lucky TMA dates are 8th april, 26th april, 28th april :|

oh yeah ogt a lecture 9th april too :|
(edited 13 years ago)
:woo:. But the year is nearly over :biggrin:!!!!

Haha I've gone to worrying that I will epically go over the word count because this topic is too interesting, to being stuck for 4 days unable to write more than 10 words because I had no idea what to write next, to being back on a roll and now not seeing and end :p:
mine isnt, it goes on through summer and finishes mid-oct, my next course starts in oct =( i was gonna do the degree in 3 years but idk if i have the drive any more. i might skip the level 3 in feb and do it a year after even though it means im gonna have more debt.

Quick Reply

Latest