The Student Room Group

Gap Year 2009-10 Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I think for my random module I'm going to take Law and Children :h:

What do you guys think to webbooks? I'm thinking that they're way more practical than taking a laptop to uni next year...I wouldn't use it for taking notes, but more so that I could do assignments and go to the library at uni.
im pissed off at work and ive decided i have to be out in the next 4 weeks. im sorry but it was effing ridiculous. ig ave manager a list of dates i NEEDED OFF FOR OU and said thats ok. ive had this prob twice now - 'not enough staff' well bloody hire more staff or get the hell over it!!!!! i asked for it, you said ok, and you expect me to do you favours when you cant even do me one! and as for the team elader, i was this close to ******* punching him. you dont give me **** loads of work and then expect me to do it all in 2 hrs, i have never given someone the look i gave him last night and bloody knew i was mad. so gave me more crap. yeah thanks.

i wanted the friday off as my ou lecture is sat morning. i am now doing thurs 10 hrs, fri 5 hrs, sat 10hours and im contracted to do 20 so technically im doing more hours and not even getting the friggin day i wanted off.
(edited 13 years ago)
there was a sale in the designer shop today, they had ost things for under £5. i got a summery french connection skirt for £2 and a nice blue dress for a fiver. :biggrin: got my mum three pairs of trousers, and my sis a jacket, corset, skirt and top ... in total, everything cost £17. nottt bad.
Wow! That's amazing!!

Happy Easter everyone!
Going to London tomorrow, and then to uni, so I doubt I'll be on really now till Wednesday :smile:
Inky, just call in sick. I'm pretty sure they can't do that to you - call ACAS or the CAB and ask about your rights for gods sake.

On the train to B's now. Kent is so pretty :h:
i'm hoping next offer me a job in which case i'll hand in my notice [1 week, the legal req] and just call in sick :biggrin: i have had 3 sicknesses since starting and if i get another i get in trouble, pfft
Haha that's why I hate supermarkets!

MIGHT BE GOING TO DUBLIN IN JUNE :woo: with ma friend who I went to Barca with last year.
Am with the boy now :smile: Tomorrow I am up early, then to uni. I should be there for about 11.30, and then I got to hand in my assignment. Till 2 I have classes and then I'll have time to get something quick before our speaking rehersal. I then have all my unpacking and a society social to do in the evening :colonhash: Which means I will have no time to do anything till after my exam on wednesday :zomg:
I go back on Monday. it's quite weird to think that my month off has gone by so quickly >_<

London is naice :sexface:
Same! I'm going back on sunday and have done no work whatsoever...
Oh, I did buy myself a 32 pack of those Malteser bunnies on Amazon for £15 earlier :p:
im sooooooooooooo annoyed right now!!!

sisters friend sent her a file, she opened it, it was some virus and now my pc is going nuts. ive just spent an hr moing all my files to a backup drie so it can be wiped. did NOT need this. and my sis denies accepting anything, when it is quite clear it was here- its only on her acct, the file is from msn... who was it then, the magical msn fairy? i also hae chocolate smeared all oer my clean bed sheets [thanks sister] and my lipstick has gone missing, so its no wonder im being all shouty and angry today.

on the plus side mark got me a giant caramel bunny easter egg and i bought myself up, bambi, aristocats and dumbo on dvd :biggrin:
(by the looks of it my keyboard has also had it)
inky, if you don't move yourself out within the next six months, I'm going to come round there and move you out myself. Was very tempted to comment on your FB status earlier :p:
i know, i really want to but i dont have enough money >_<
Stop spending where you don't have to and save absolutely everything you can! In sixth months you might be able to make a start and have a kitty to pay rent with, esp if you have a job change...
what Alex said! May also be worth looking at housing associations/the council to see if they could help, too? Otherwise, if iy's going to be you and Mark, and you just stop spending and save, I'm sure you could do it :smile:
Yeah, it'd be a bit boring and hard but think of all the money you'd save if you didn't go to concerts/buy soap and glory/lady gaga stuff!

And then you could finally have freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!
atm im concentrating on passing my driving test :smile: as otherwise id need somewhere within town or a good bus route lol which is imposs!

yeah i know what you mean alex :smile: i am trying to be good, trying to save for the car!
theory booked for 12th may! scurrrred. one step closer to being able to drive though! :biggrin: ive been thinking that if i save up enough maybe i could ask the bank for a loan to put towards the car- £1k or something. no idea if i'd get a loan though...
yey inky!!

I am so tired, I carely had time to stop today and my feet and my brain hurts. I promised myself that if I got all my chores done by 7, I was allowed out to play, but I feel tonight I will be staying in and going to bed early. First exam tomorrow too, so it's not a bad thing: I still have namely stuff to learn :P

Quick Reply

Latest