The Student Room Group

Gap Year 2009-10 Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

oh guys i would also recommend COMPASS GROUP or SHOWSEC if you're looking for casual work. that's who i was with at the arena, just wasn't for me but that's cos i really couldn't hear people. it'll be at larger arenas probably but worth a try. £5.93 an hour i think...
I'm gonna have to ask my mum if she can keep my phone bill going til June. And the cats. I think it's going to be time to ask Natwest for the £1k overdraft. I can't deal with all this stuff.
:frown: when do you start at the body shop?
:frown: I have enough to keep going as I have been until about end of June-ish, but I really don't want to start a new year off straight in my overdraft :/ I really want a job!!
Mid-Juneish, most probably.

It's ok, I cried down the phone to mama, and she's going to help me out with some of her redundancy money. I feel really bad :/
Holiday booked! :woo:
WOO!!!! :biggrin:
just got rejected from two apprenticeships... seriously, i can't get another job, i can't get an apprenticeship, i can't get work experience. what the hell CAN i get?!
Look, even my mum can't find anything at the moment, and she's got 40 years of experience. It's crap, but you have to keep trying, that's all you CAN do.
Original post by psychocustard
Look, even my mum can't find anything at the moment, and she's got 40 years of experience. It's crap, but you have to keep trying, that's all you CAN do.

>_< yeah. just frustrated :frown:
Many thanks for your enquiry, your application is to a very high calibre and it is regretful to hear you are not having any success with the information you are supplying.

The vacancies you have mentioned below would be ideal for your background however the employers are looking for a school-leaver to introduce directly into employment. Also to add to this currently there is very little funding available to employers for anyone over the 16-18 age bracket, which again may be another reason you have not yet been successful.

well that makes me feel a bit better. lol
she's given me the name & number of someone else who might be able to help me though:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
AH! >.<
I'm not going to get a job either. Plus, I need like 17 days holiday because I'm going home for 10 days end of July and to Greece beginning of August! How can afford all of this and my rent?!
Argh, that's a point, I need to phone work and let them know that I'm off to Greece in September!
I am just having lunch now >.<
I have done a lot of German revision this morning though :smile: I feel a bit more prepared for the oral on Thursday.
I still need to finish off my presentation but it so BORING! I may die presenting it.
I've finished my essay for once and for all. I'm sick to the back teeth of it, and yet I know next year's core modules are following exactly the same lines as this year's ones >_<

Driving lesson went REALLY well though :biggrin:
Yey for the driving lessons!
I'm glad to only have 1 essay subject next year and I'm happy to have a break from German!
Can someone sit my history exams, please? I literally know NOTHING.
Only if you sit my TEFL exam :beard:
Deal!

Printing out past papers and stapling them together counts as revision, right?
omg! my luck seems to have changed within hours. i applied for a pr and marketing apprenticeship that's local, and added the company on twitter. iw as telling a friend id just been rejected from 2 and they messaged me saying they had one if i was interested, and to send along a cv. and i said id sent them an app, but wasnt sure how to ref it, so sent them a cv etc and hes said being 20 shouldnt be a prob, and as ive already got a levels, that shouldnt be a prob. and do i want to pop in on friday :woo: im working thurs night >_< but only have to do 5 hrs fri night so i said afternoon is good for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest