The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Extended Degree in Science hertfordshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nimxxx
i heard that its really hard to get 70% in initial year to get transfer to pharmacy. Is it really ture. i mean whats the ratio of students getting in to pharmacy after this course

Hi,

I've contacted the admissions tutor for Pharmacy to see if they have any advice for students hoping to progress to the Pharmacy degree - I'll let you know!

Thanks,
Heather
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 101
thank you so much...waiting for ur relpy🤞
Original post by Nimxxx
thank you so much...waiting for ur relpy🤞

Hi,

I've spoken to the admissions tutor for Pharmacy and we do require 70% Chemistry and 70% overall to progress to our first year pharmacy course. About half of the students that applied last year transferred to the 1st year.

Hope that helps. We offer lots of support (both academic and personal) to you throughout your studies.

If you've got any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 103
thanks ur help meant alot☺
Reply 104
Original post by Nimxxx
i heard that its really hard to get 70% in initial year to get transfer to pharmacy. Is it really ture. i mean whats the ratio of students getting in to pharmacy after this course

Hi, I am also in the same situation as you. I'm not sure what to do?do you know about what the initial year extended degree involves ? Is it only exam based or is it both coursework and exams? I'm not sure whether this will be a better option for me, I wanted to do Mpharm but I was given pharmaceutical sciences instead, I'm not sure whether I should transfer from the initial year or complete a year of pharmaceutical sciences and then transfer if I get a good enough grade.
Reply 105
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi,

I've spoken to the admissions tutor for Pharmacy and we do require 70% Chemistry and 70% overall to progress to our first year pharmacy course. About half of the students that applied last year transferred to the 1st year.

Hope that helps. We offer lots of support (both academic and personal) to you throughout your studies.

If you've got any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
Heather

do you know about what the initial year extended degree involves ? Is it only exam based or is it both coursework and exams? I'm not sure whether this will be a better option for me, I wanted to do Mpharm but I was given pharmaceutical sciences instead, I'm not sure whether I should transfer from the initial year or complete a year of pharmaceutical sciences and then transfer if I get a good enough grade.
Reply 106
Original post by so_321
do you know about what the initial year extended degree involves ? Is it only exam based or is it both coursework and exams? I'm not sure whether this will be a better option for me, I wanted to do Mpharm but I was given pharmaceutical sciences instead, I'm not sure whether I should transfer from the initial year or complete a year of pharmaceutical sciences and then transfer if I get a good enough grade.

Also is the content and examinations like a levels or easier?
Original post by so_321

Hi there,

The initial year science is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to progress to the first year of many of our science degrees. There will be about 80% coursework and 20% exams for this course. I've contacted the tutor for the initial year to provide some more info, so will be in touch soon.

Also just to note, your tutor will be able to support you in making a decision on what course to progress to and with your application.

Hope that helps in the meantime.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by so_321
Also is the content and examinations like a levels or easier?

Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi there,

The initial year science is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to progress to the first year of many of our science degrees. There will be about 80% coursework and 20% exams for this course. I've contacted the tutor for the initial year to provide some more info, so will be in touch soon.

Also just to note, your tutor will be able to support you in making a decision on what course to progress to and with your application.

Hope that helps in the meantime.

Thanks,
Heather

Hi there,

I've found out a bit more info for you:

In semester A, you will study three core modules in addition to Mathematics for Scientists. In semester B you will study one core module and choose three optional modules relating to Pharmacy as this is your chosen course to progress on to.

If you've got any other questions, you can email our partnerships manager Anya Higgins on [email protected].

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending