The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
Bear in mind that 'Warwick' does not process any applications, it's done through the specific department. If the English department decide they do not want to send out courtesy e-mails, then you will not receive one. It's also a departmental decision as to when to hand out offers. That's why you guys are still in this thread whereas the sciences and maths have been handing out offers for 3 months :yep:

Ah yes, good point :biggrin:
Just have to wait......and wait......and -
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Tsunami2011
Exactly:cool: The more I think of Warwick, the less I think about Cambridge. After my rejection, I was hellbent on re-applying, but that phase has thankfully passed. To be honest, I'd have been lucky to scrape a 2.1 there, since I'm so so lazy, so this may be a blessing in disguise.

Haha well luckily I wasn't too into it, I read my rejection letter and went back to sleep :smile: I'm glad I applied because I think I would have kept thinking about it and overestimating it in my own head. But now I'm hellbent on Warwick, without an offer :P & a bit anxious about the entry requirements as well.
Original post by Faridk
Oxbridge is overated now :tongue:
Should give other unis a go:colone:

Indeed :smile: I really feel like Warwick is the uni for me, whereas I'd have struggled to fit in and find a place in Oxford.
Bear in mind that 'Warwick' does not process any applications, it's done through the specific department. If the English department decide they do not want to send out courtesy e-mails, then you will not receive one. It's also a departmental decision as to when to hand out offers. That's why you guys are still in this thread whereas the sciences and maths have been handing out offers for 3 months :yep:

I contacted PPE department the day before to check what's happening with my application, they said that they didn't deal with admissions and it actually occurred at the main undergraduate admissions place and my email would be forwarded to them. I then received the courtesy email the next day.

I don't know what people are complaining about, they have kept you updated on the status, you haven't been rejected (yet), relax and let them take their time to make an informed decision.

Much of a muchness.
Reply 984
Looking at the Warwick LawSoc online made me so excited! I think I will choose Warwick after the department open day (no firm or insurance- I'm post A level). Too excited!
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Sorry, this isn't relevant to the thread but I just wanted to say.

:love: your avatar, looks like they're backing down.

Internet 1 - 0 Congress

:h: . The web in general is fascinating, so seeing the battles being played for web freedom and web censorship is extra enthralling. I'm just curious as to how far the paranoid government of the US is willing to go before they realise they have to embrace the technology instead of opposing it :tongue:

Original post by Tsunami2011
Would you mind expanding? :smile: ( that's if there is anything to expand on)

There's loads to expand on :holmes: . What in particular are you looking for?
Reply 986
Does firming Warwick early bring any advantages? I've got my offer but as lazy as i am, i havnt got round to firming it yet lol :colondollar:
Reply 987
Mathematician here who holds an offer from Warwick! :smile:
Standard offer of A*A*A etc
AS levels: AABC (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry)
A level predictions: (A*,A,A)
Also another oxbridge reject to add to the many that seem to be on this thread. (Cambridge, rejected after being placed in Winter Pool).

EDIT:
Feel free to explain the neg rep? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jeddy
Mathematician here who holds an offer from Warwick! :smile:
Standard offer of A*A*A etc
AS levels: AABC (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry)
A level predictions: (A*,A,A)
Also another oxbridge reject to add to the many that seem to be on this thread. (Cambridge, rejected after being placed in Winter Pool).

They upped the offer!? :O

Are you taking STEP?
Reply 989
They upped the offer!? :O

Are you taking STEP?

Their standard offer is A*A*A Grade 2 in any STEP paper (1, 2 or 3)
OR
A*AA Grade 1 in any STEP paper.
So I have no choice but to take STEP, why? :smile:
Original post by Jeddy
Their standard offer is A*A*A Grade 2 in any STEP paper (1, 2 or 3)
OR
A*AA Grade 1 in any STEP paper.
So I have no choice but to take STEP, why? :smile:

I thought it was A*AA last year :P maybe I'm just blind and didn't see the start.
Oh! because you didn't mention STEP in your offer, so I thought they made an exception for you. Which STEP are you doing then? :h:
Reply 991
I thought it was A*AA last year :P maybe I'm just blind and didn't see the start.
Oh! because you didn't mention STEP in your offer, so I thought they made an exception for you. Which STEP are you doing then? :h:

Ah maybe it was? No idea, but I'm fairly sure that's their standard offer for this year. It makes sense in regards to applicants putting Warwick as their insurance and Oxbridge first, now Warwick's offer is a higher offer (for maths at least, and A levels not STEP) it will reduce the amount of insurance choices. Haven't explained that very well at all, but hopefully you can follow my logic!
Erm, I think it's up to me and my friend to decide and we were thinking the easiest one? XD
Original post by Jeddy
Ah maybe it was? No idea, but I'm fairly sure that's their standard offer for this year. It makes sense in regards to applicants putting Warwick as their insurance and Oxbridge first, now Warwick's offer is a higher offer (for maths at least, and A levels not STEP) it will reduce the amount of insurance choices. Haven't explained that very well at all, but hopefully you can follow my logic!
Erm, I think it's up to me and my friend to decide and we were thinking the easiest one? XD

So many universities are doing that now across all courses!

Sounds like a plan to me :yy: I thought I was the easiest, non?
Reply 993
So many universities are doing that now across all courses!

Sounds like a plan to me :yy: I thought I was the easiest, non?

Yeah it's quite a clever idea, also helps the confidence of the people who get rejections maybe? So they don't get the idea they're settling for second best etc (not sure on that logic).
Yeah that's just advanced A-level maths right? With II being advanced mechanics and III advanced further, or something along those lines :smile: So probably I yeah.

:e
Reply 995
Original post by tehforum

1001, I may have stole your 1000 comment by accident xD
Original post by Jeddy
1001, I may have stole your 1000 comment by accident xD

Meh.

I got the palindromic number - win!
Original post by Jeddy
Yeah it's quite a clever idea, also helps the confidence of the people who get rejections maybe? So they don't get the idea they're settling for second best etc (not sure on that logic).
Yeah that's just advanced A-level maths right? With II being advanced mechanics and III advanced further, or something along those lines :smile: So probably I yeah.

They're nifty like that :P

I think I and II are for people with just A level maths. and III is for those with FM but I'm not entirely sure about the mechanics side :wink:

Original post by tehforum

:colone: you can just delete a past comment if you're real sneaky
Reply 998
They're nifty like that :P

I think I and II are for people with just A level maths. and III is for those with FM but I'm not entirely sure about the mechanics side :wink:

Ah okay, well most likely will sit the I test then, should be fun! :smile:

There's loads to expand on :holmes: . What in particular are you looking for?

Anything really.:redface: Have you noticed people with the 'chip on your shoulder'
syndrome?

Quick Reply

Latest