The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
The SU looks incredible! The LawSoc had me falling in love just a teensy bit too :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by roseroserose.
Nooo I know, I just had the image of mini-accountants all huddled round. I don't know why it was funny, just amused me :smile: But thank you, definitely a distraction!

Original post by Bea492
The SU looks incredible! The LawSoc had me falling in love just a teensy bit too :biggrin:

None of the other societies strike your fancy? :tongue: . Good Food? Tango? Poker? Warwick TV? Paintball? Skydive? Warwick Glee? Chess? Jazz? Bridge? Curry soc?

I shall also thrown in film soc (link, link):ninja: . Over 50 films a term with cinema standard screens and sound systems projected by 2 cinema standard projectors and a new digital projector :yep: . All cheap as you like! :h:
that list makes me REALLY want a warwick offer haha xD
Reply 1183
Original post by Nirgilis
None of the other societies strike your fancy? :tongue: . Good Food? Tango? Poker? Warwick TV? Paintball? Skydive? Warwick Glee? Chess? Jazz? Bridge? Curry soc?

I shall also thrown in film soc (link, link):ninja: . Over 50 films a term with cinema standard screens and sound systems projected by 2 cinema standard projectors and a new digital projector :yep: . All cheap as you like! :h:

Definitely joining that cinema one! Also want to join the Musical Theatre one since I am a lawyer and therefore naturally also an actress :wink: can't be joining too many if I'm going to get that First though!
Original post by Bea492
Definitely joining that cinema one! Also want to join the Musical Theatre one since I am a lawyer and therefore naturally also an actress :wink: can't be joining too many if I'm going to get that First though!

Then choose film soc :ninja: . Naah, in all seriousness, you can become a 'member' of film soc and get discounted tickets or you can actually get involved. Stewarding, review writing, projecting, marketing and IT. I'm currently involved (to some extent) with 3 of those areas, and it's definitely worth it :yep: :awesome:

Musical theatre's good also I s'pose :rolleyes:

And first year barely counts, stick your finger in many pies and worry about studying in the 2/3/4 other years :colone:
just received an email 5 hours ago.. got an offer for EPAIS.. time to worry about the upcoming results.. haha.. Good luck for those waiting.. An offer shouldn't be far away..

I'm an international student who applied on 19th Dec :smile:
Reply 1186
Original post by Nirgilis
Then choose film soc :ninja: . Naah, in all seriousness, you can become a 'member' of film soc and get discounted tickets or you can actually get involved. Stewarding, review writing, projecting, marketing and IT. I'm currently involved (to some extent) with 3 of those areas, and it's definitely worth it :yep: :awesome:

Musical theatre's good also I s'pose :rolleyes:

And first year barely counts, stick your finger in many pies and worry about studying in the 2/3/4 other years :colone:

Yeah I would probably just be a member :smile:
First year may not count towards my degree but the London firms will look at them when giving out vacation scheme placements and training contracts so it's pretty important!
And I do want to spend at least a few nights a week getting drunk... :wink:
So many societies, so little time.
Reply 1187
Original post by roseroserose.
Nooo I know, I just had the image of mini-accountants all huddled round. I don't know why it was funny, just amused me :smile: But thank you, definitely a distraction!

ooooo, i cant wait to join that :colondollar:
Reply 1188
Original post by freeman1993
just received an email 5 hours ago.. got an offer for EPAIS.. time to worry about the upcoming results.. haha.. Good luck for those waiting.. An offer shouldn't be far away..

I'm an international student who applied on 19th Dec :smile:

Wow, congrats! where r u from and did u apply with IB?
hi, i'm from singapore and applied with my 'a's predicted grades..

Original post by rapide66
Wow, congrats! where r u from and did u apply with IB?
Reply 1190
Has anyone heard from the English department yet about offers/ rejections for the course? I'm getting really impatient!
Had a dream last night that I got rejected. Then another dream where I thought the former had been a dream and checked...and had been rejected.

Odd.
Original post by booples
Has anyone heard from the English department yet about offers/ rejections for the course? I'm getting really impatient!

Nope, I haven't heard anything after my interview apart from some email asking for feedback about the day. I got my hopes up as well because someone on this thread said that last year the offers started coming in on the following Friday.:s-smilie:
Reply 1193
Original post by englishmad
Nope, I haven't heard anything after my interview apart from some email asking for feedback about the day. I got my hopes up as well because someone on this thread said that last year the offers started coming in on the following Friday.:s-smilie:

I got the same e-mail and was also hoping to hear back today. But I also remember them saying at the open day that the interview process lasts a couple of weeks, so it might be that they only send out offers until they've seen everyone. To be honest though I really don't know!
is it just me, or has the stalking page disappeared?
I check my e-mail every night after work... An offer would be perfect right now :frown:. Put a little bounce into my feet during scene shifts.
Reply 1196
Original post by tommy1311
Had a dream last night that I got rejected. Then another dream where I thought the former had been a dream and checked...and had been rejected.

Odd.

Inception :cool:
Reply 1197
Original post by partickler
I check my e-mail every night after work... An offer would be perfect right now :frown:. Put a little bounce into my feet during scene shifts.

I check my emails, then this thread, in the hope that there wont be hundreds of people screaming about their English offers!!!!:frown:
Reply 1198
Original post by hr30
I check my emails, then this thread, in the hope that there wont be hundreds of people screaming about their English offers!!!!:frown:

I'm the same too! I haven't heard anything from Warwick yet so I think they're just taking their time. Do you have any idea when we'll hear back?
Reply 1199
Original post by booples

Original post by booples
I'm the same too! I haven't heard anything from Warwick yet so I think they're just taking their time. Do you have any idea when we'll hear back?

I had an interview for Eng/Theatre Studies on 27th Jan; they said it'd be between a week and six weeks! I gather they've made some offers this weekend... I guess that's the unconditionals and conditionals they know they want? I'm hoping sooner rather than later but I wouldn't be surprised if it's end of Feb/March. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest