The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i_hate_teeth
For the people that have formally accepted a JPM spring week: Have you received a confirmation email from them after sending your acceptance email?

No - but then again I only recently replied.

Which JPM week are you doing?
Anyone heard back from horizons after essay?
do gs only hold interviews on 2 and 3 feb or is it expected for them to hold more?
Original post by username1991
do gs only hold interviews on 2 and 3 feb or is it expected for them to hold more?

GS interviews were on the 1 and 2 feb.

Not sure if they will hold anymore.
Original post by username1991

Original post by chanchan
GS interviews were on the 1 and 2 feb.

Not sure if they will hold anymore.

They probs interviewed around 200 people on those dates- hopefully there is one more round
Reply 4045
Original post by LawQC
GS interview IBD - 10th February -

Calling BS on this now after seeing that a whole load of people had interviews this week
Original post by miml
Calling BS on this now after seeing that a whole load of people had interviews this week

my friend has got an interview I think on the 8th or something so this could be true...
Original post by a10realmadrid
Anyone heard back from horizons after essay?

Yup, I have an AC on Tues.
Reply 4048
According to the last years GS spring 2011 facebook page there were around 130 interns across all divisions.

Does anyone remember how many interview time slots were available across both days, 36?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4049
I think it will depend on division etc. I had my interview for securities the other day but still haven't heard from the other two divisions I went for.

I was late to sign up for my telephone interview so not a clue how many slots they had per day.
Reply 4050
Original post by twinkl
According to the last years GS spring 2011 facebook page there were around 130 interns across all divisions.

Does anyone remember how many interview time slots were available across both days, 36?

More than that, definitely. I think they did something close to 50 during one day. So like 100?
Original post by Sockpirate
Yup, mines on the 7th, however I'd hold out hope - they did say there'd be multiple assessment centres! Plus the fact that no-one else on TSR other than me seems to have heard (or at least, I haven't seen anyone else post about it) implies they're maybe doing it in small batches?

Ha, you do actually seem to be the only person on TSR to have heard!

Hmm...I'll remain hopeful but I'll try and put it to the back of my mind.
Reply 4052
Original post by TomasK
More than that, definitely. I think they did something close to 50 during one day. So like 100?

I think the interview times were from 9am to 6pm and each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes so in a single day there were 18 interview slots per day and so 36 over both days. Within each interview slot there may have been upto 8 interviews being conducted so 288 interviews in person over both days. No idea on how many telephone interviews were held.

Anybody know the approx interviewee to place ratio?
Original post by Sockpirate
Yup, I have an AC on Tues.

When did u hear back?
Original post by a10realmadrid
When did u hear back?

Last week sometime, Monday I think.
Reply 4055
Original post by twinkl
I think the interview times were from 9am to 6pm and each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes so in a single day there were 18 interview slots per day and so 36 over both days. Within each interview slot there may have been upto 8 interviews being conducted so 288 interviews in person over both days. No idea on how many telephone interviews were held.

Anybody know the approx interviewee to place ratio?

Hm... To be honest, interviewing anything over 300 would be excessive to my mind, well let's push it up to 500 if let's say over all divisions they have something like 120 places. Then that's sort of reasonable.
Starting to get nervous about the outcome of my GS interview :/ eek!!!!!
Reply 4057
Original post by woods.vanessa
Starting to get nervous about the outcome of my GS interview :/ eek!!!!!

was yours for ibd or securities?
Reply 4058
rejection from baml and nomura too
Reply 4059
Original post by eco1234
rejection from baml and nomura too

When did you find out about BAML?

Latest

Trending

Trending