The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
K, my first ever stupid question: When putting down A-Level/AS results, do you guys tend to put down a full A-Level just as an A-Level rather than putting it down as an AS level AND a full A-Level?

I have an irrational fear that a HR person will (for some reason) think that I've only done 3 AS subjects and 3 A-Levels.

Spoiler

Just as an A-level, and then any singular AS subjects.

Original post by eco1234
ok i was read that they dont ask for cv you have to turn your cv and cl into the answers of to the questions. are you bullet pointing for the work experience section?

That's such a rubbish system tbh, and yeah I copied and pasted the points from my CV into the work exp section.

Original post by Ray_Han
I just put them down as A levels. I really don't like that page, as it is so cumbersome putting down all your GCSEs when it's written on your CV. You do have to put all your GCSEs down on most apps, don't you guys?

You have to put down all your GCSEs? :shock: I was thinking about it but 1) I summarise it as 13 A*-C grades on my CV (before realising that UBS don't ask you for the CV) and 2) There's no option for GCSE in the drop down list for qualification, the lowest it goes to for UK qualifications is the AS and then the A-level.
So I didn't put my GCSEs in :dontknow: I haven't submitted it yet (still answering the damn questions)
Reply 1021
Original post by laughforever
that's fast. when did you apply?

About 3 weeks ago. its my interview for this industry so really have no idea what to expect? can anyone help, it says its a competency interview.
Thanks
Reply 1022
*First interview
Original post by Marc Fiorano

You have to put down all your GCSEs? :shock: I was thinking about it but 1) I summarise it as 13 A*-C grades on my CV (before realising that UBS don't ask you for the CV) and 2) There's no option for GCSE in the drop down list for qualification, the lowest it goes to for UK qualifications is the AS and then the A-level.
So I didn't put my GCSEs in :dontknow: I haven't submitted it yet (still answering the damn questions)

Some places have options for GCSEs... I just put them down 'cos it won't exactly harm my application.

On a completely unrelated note, I could swear that I saw something somewhere on the CS site saying that CVs should be one page but I can't find it any more. I think that all these SW apps are making me slowly go crazy... :s-smilie:
I just didn't put in my GCSEs in the ones they didn't have an option for it, from which I assumed they just wanted the grades needed for uni i.e. A levels and ASs
Just as an A-level, and then any singular AS subjects.

That's such a rubbish system tbh, and yeah I copied and pasted the points from my CV into the work exp section.

I think you're supposed to but I don't think it's that big an issue if you've put it on your CV. I'm just someone who gets kind of pedantic and OCD about these things, so I would worry about what is probably an insignificant thing. I think 13A*-C is too vague though personally, that could mean anything from 13A*s to 13Cs, and some banks might want to see top GCSEs.
If there is no option on the drop down on a form, then you don't need to worry about filling it in, it's just that on some forms there is an option.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I think that all these SW apps are making me slowly go crazy... :s-smilie:

Join the club.
I've been on the UBS app for ages because I HAVE to finish it in one go, because its site is atrocious and it keeps deleting the 'saved' draft...so it forces us to fill in the same app all over again from scratch, good times! :borat:

Original post by Ray_Han
I think you're supposed to but I don't think it's that big an issue if you've put it on your CV. I'm just someone who gets kind of pedantic and OCD about these things, so I would worry about what is probably an insignificant thing. I think 13A*-C is too vague though personally, that could mean anything from 13A*s to 13Cs, and some banks might want to see top GCSEs.
If there is no option on the drop down on a form, then you don't need to worry about filling it in, it's just that on some forms there is an option.

Yeah first I wrote xA* xA but my uni careers service checked it and said summarise it like that and just put your maths and english grade next to it e.g. 13 A*-C, Mathematics (A*), English (A*).
They also told me putting down AS grades are unnecessary, so I only put down my four A-level grades.

But I'm sure if I were to show another person they might say something different. Hate conflicting advice :sigh:
But the example CV JPM have on their site summarises the GCSE that way so I'll just follow that. In the grand scheme of things though I don't think GCSE matters much tbh.
Join the club.
I've been on the UBS app for ages because I HAVE to finish it in one go, because its site is atrocious and it keeps deleting the 'saved' draft...so it forces us to fill in the same app all over again from scratch, good times! :borat:

:eek4:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

I started UBS an hour ago, got to the UBS specific questions and then left it so that I could do some research later on today.

WHO THE HELL MAKES A SITE LIKE THAT? AAAAAAAAAARGH. :rant: :banghead:
Reply 1028
who has had ms tele interview? do you have your with human resources and how long did your last? Thanks.
Reply 1029
Those who have an RBS AC... did you get an email saying you'd be considered for an AC followed by the actual invite. Or did you just get the invite outright?

Original post by laughforever
rejection from db and ms. AC for RBS. waiting to hear from the rest - boaml, ubs, gs, jpm, nomura, bnpp, citi.

has anyone heard back from those i havent heard back from?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LawQC
who has had ms tele interview? do you have your with human resources and how long did your last? Thanks.

It's with an analyst so expect some technical/financial questions. It should last 30 - 45 minutes.
Has anyone applied for the ICAP programme?
Hmm, I think my competency answers probably suck balls compared to how much some of you seem to have researched things to say.

I kind of expected CV, grades and tests to be what mattered to getting an interview/AC. We'll see if that was a mistake.
Reply 1033
how did you guys practice for the RBS test? what type of test is it... i know its not kenexa or shl...??
Reply 1034
Original post by Hackett

yep

Original post by sportycricketer
Can I ask what did people talk about as being the next bubble for BNP Paribas? :smile:

condoms

going to be a huge rise in the population, people getting concerned about this and the overcrowded cities and not enough food productions
therefore people going to buy so many condoms and condoms are gonna be bought too much
Just as we predicted with property, there will be massive condom buying. Since condom manufacturers were not expecting their product to be used as a store of wealth, demand will vastly exceed supply. The price of condoms will skyrocket
benchmark of all value will start to be the standard white latex condom. there will be a strategy in which everyone measures the worth of all their assets in terms of the number of condoms they exchange for.
payments will be made in secure electronic claims to allocated boxes of condoms, held in high-security condom vaults in the condom district of Zurich

joking btw, i didnt actually write this...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1035
Original post by Milan.
yep

condoms

going to be a huge rise in the population, people getting concerned about this and the overcrowded cities and not enough food productions
therefore people going to buy so many condoms and condoms are gonna be bought too much
Just as we predicted with property, there will be massive condom buying. Since condom manufacturers were not expecting their product to be used as a store of wealth, demand will vastly exceed supply. The price of condoms will skyrocket
benchmark of all value will start to be the standard white latex condom. there will be a strategy in which everyone measures the worth of all their assets in terms of the number of condoms they exchange for.
payments will be made in secure electronic claims to allocated boxes of condoms, held in high-security condom vaults in the condom district of Zurich

joking btw, i didnt actually write this...

how did you apply for the ICAP internship i thought it was only for 2nd years...
Original post by Hackett

thx for the heads up! any other firms doing spring week or summer internship for first years?
Reply 1037
Original post by eco1234
how did you apply for the ICAP internship i thought it was only for 2nd years...

they have an insight for first years
Reply 1038
Original post by Milan.
they have an insight for first years

Have you or anyone else got an interview for iCap?
Do UBS not want me to take their tests or something?

I try on Google Chrome (default browser) and it says I can't. Try Internet Explorer, can't. Err...?

Latest

Trending

Trending