The Student Room Group

High waisted shorts

Scroll to see replies

warehouse/topshop/new look/ebay :P

i have a lovely black pair from warehouse that i bought when i was losing weight because i want to fit in them. not...quite...there...so frustrating!! fit legs and waist just got to tackle the tiniest bit of belly ;P
Reply 21
Original post by Foo.mp3
retarded fashion fad #82395 :biggrin:

Agreed, wearing anything likes that just reminds me of old people.

Original post by frozzylove
Yes, Simon Cowell is not a great look for most blokes, however for those girls who don't have a little flat stomach or a six pack high waisted shorts/jeans are FAB for hiding a tummy.

It doesn't hide your tummy, personally I think it makes it more visible.

Original post by pippa90

You think this looks ridiculous? It just depends how you wear them :smile:

Zooey Deschanel looks awesome, just not in that picture.
(edited 13 years ago)
I like high waisted shorts - However, you have to have the figure to pull it off. One thing I do hate though, is shorts and tights. :smile:
Original post by Ewan
Zooey Deschanel looks awesome, just not in that picture.

Yeah she does :tongue:

Original post by Foo.mp3
E.g. her name is a bit confused/zaney.. as is her dress sense :smile:

More like her name and dress sense are more original and classy :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by pippa90
Yeah she does :tongue:

From the tummy upwards :p:, no one can pull off high waisted shorts, they just look horrible in any circumstance :frown:
Original post by Foo.mp3
I kinda like shorts and tights, unless I'm ON it.. in which case this combo can be obstructive :tongue:

Since when is it considered classy to wear shorts up too high?

Urgh. You are such a guy...
Reply 26
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2217522&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208529&parent_categoryId=203984&pageSize=200

I have these. I LOVE them. :biggrin:

Original post by Foo.mp3

Secondly, now that I've dried my eyes.. there is 'taste' and then there's 'sense' - )

Pretty sure you're lacking in both.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I kinda like shorts and tights, unless I'm ON it.. in which case this combo can be obstructive :tongue:

Since when is it considered classy to wear shorts up too high?

Who are you to say that they are 'too high'? I'm sure that most fashion experts disagree.
Reply 28
Original post by Foo.mp3
Yes pls.. :smile:

and you base this on what exactly? :smile:

Every single one of your comments in this thread.
Original post by Ewan
From the tummy upwards :p:, no one can pull off high waisted shorts, they just look horrible in any circumstance :frown:

In your opinion :tongue:
My high waisted shorts are insanely flattering, seriously, I look about 2 sizes smaller when I wear them. Plus they are insanely comfy! Mmm.
I got mine from topshop too, but I wear them so so much so it was worth the expense =)
Would definitely recommend them =D <3
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wow that's an unfortunate choice. Can't y'all see how they are just screaming: HERE'S MY WOMB!! Those actually pad her lower-tummy out!

Here is me on holiday in my high waisted shorts...i don't think they are THAT bad.

59861_10150258178760005_628170004_14674041_5811886_n.jpg

I think they sit at the slimmest part of ones body, and make legs look even longer. If worn wrong though they can give a 'camel toe' look, and people with huge bums should avoid in my opinion.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by pippa90
In your opinion :tongue:

Indeed :awesome:

Original post by Polly1101
I think they sit at the slimmest part of ones body, and make legs look even longer.

You can get the same look from short shorts though that sit on the hips instead of the waist. E.G

(edited 13 years ago)
Oooh, I do like the pale denim ones.

Mmm but I don't really wanna spend too much! However I LOVE YOUR SIG.

The ones from Topshop are only £10 more and look so much nicer. With something like jeans or shorts when you only own a couple of pairs I think it is definitely worth spending the extra money. £30-something seems reasonable for a pair of shorts to me.
Original post by Ewan
Indeed :awesome:

You can get the same look from short shorts though that sit on the hips instead of the waist. E.G

Yehhh and walk round looking like a shlaaag, no thanks. High waisted shorts are classier and more fashionable in my opinion. And because they do finish higher up the body than short shorts, they make your legs look longer still.
Reply 35
Yes, Simon Cowell is not a great look for most blokes, however for those girls who don't have a little flat stomach or a six pack high waisted shorts/jeans are FAB for hiding a tummy.

I disagree. High waisted items only tend to suit those with flat stomachs and slim waists.
Reply 36
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sorry but they're insanely dorky, your image looks like a girl trying to get into a pair of ill fitting shorts, once owned by Martin Prince (from the Simpsons), now complete with pearls, by hoiking them up their cracks.. it just looks wrong :s-smilie:

Why are you still on this thread? We've heard your opinion and guess what? No one cares.
Reply 37
Original post by Foo.mp3
Pretty much :biggrin:

You know what they say my dear.. if you can't take the heat, get back in the kitchen*. Stick that in yo sexist pipe and smoke it! :wink:

Well, ever heard of generally keeping your mouth shut if you know whats good for you? Christ.
If I wanted someone to come and rip the **** into me for no apparent reason then I would create a thread with all my opinions and beliefs and invite everyone to go 'NO YOUR SO WRNG INNT BLUD'
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest