The Student Room Group

Heels for people who can't walk in them?

I heard wedges are much easier to walk in than heels - is that true?

Also I was going to get some low wedge sandals, do you think they can look as good as the proper big stacked ones?
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2227696&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208745&parent_categoryId=208610&pageSize=20&refinements=category~[232538|208745]&noOfRefinements=1

Wedges are easier but low wedges look like a non-effort if you're wearing them, I think you might as well wear higher ones as they look nicer :smile:
Reply 2
Even high wedges are easy to walk in- I bought some the other week and was really suprised that I could actually walk in them considering I'm absolutely rubbish in heels. I guess it's just a case of trying them on and walking round in the shop for a bit to see how balanced you feel. :smile:
Reply 3
Ditch them all, converse ftw :love:
Reply 4
But those stone-wedges are cute :awesome:
Wedges are easier! If you cant find any wedges you like then get some heels with a platform at the front with a chunky heel because you will feel more supported and because of the platform it will make them look higher.
Reply 6
Wedges are better but only if they have a platform underneath and the rise isn't too sharp. Like those DP ones posted look way uncomfortable but something closer to a 'flatform' would be.
Reply 7
high wedges are super easy!don't kill your feet either :smile:
new look have some gorgeous wedge sandals with a bow
Reply 8
High wedges are very easy to walk in. It takes a few minutes to get used to them when you first put them on, but after that you'll have no problems.
To be honest i don't like small heels so no idea what they are like.
Original post by c0nfus3d
Ditch them all, converse ftw :love:

:h:

but I tried wedges on once, and found them really easy to walk in then tried heels about the same height and failed badly. So from my limited experience with heels, wedges would be a good idea :biggrin:
I find heels with a platform easier, I've ran and skipped across a room in five inch ones, without pain or facepalming it onto the floor.

I wouldn't buy New Look heels though, mine always cripple me.
Buy heels with strap around the ankle, they stay on your feet more and sort of support you when you walk. I always buy this type and walk fine in them.
Really? Just practice and practice and after a while you'll be able to do it o_o I still don't like heels much though.
Reply 13
Wedges are easier but I personally dont like them and think they look really chunky and not very elegant.

Stack heels with a platform, ftw.
Reply 14
would love to be able to wear heels AND think about other things at the same time....ANYTHING at all :colonhash:

:facepalm:
Reply 15

Reply 16
Original post by Charlesworth
:h:

but I tried wedges on once, and found them really easy to walk in then tried heels about the same height and failed badly. So from my limited experience with heels, wedges would be a good idea :biggrin:

:colone:

I would try wedges too, potato ones though :ahee: :coma:

On a serious note, :awesome: they are pretty good substitutes for heels. I mean, you can't wear converse trainers underneath a prom dress :emo:

(I wish you could) But then again, I wouldn't want to be Lily Allen :ahee:
Wedges avoid you having to get your balance right (ie not having your legs bending inward or outward) as with stilettos. But TBH one of the reasons for wearing stilettos is that they improve your posture. So I say just go for it, you know they make sense :-)

Quick Reply

Latest