The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Blood-blood contact is a big risk for ANY kind of infection or disease. But the penis is covered in skin. It's advisable for the man (and woman) to urinate after sex to minimise the risk of a urinary tract infection anyway, because the mucous membranes of the vagina can be a source of infection regardless of menstruation.

If it's the man bleeding, of course, that's blood in contact with someone else's mucous membrane and is an infection risk.

In other words:

If you're going to get an STD from sex during menstruation, you must be doing it unprotected. You get infections from unprotected sex anyway!
Therefore should wear a condom no matter what
Yeh i just thought there is a higher risk of catching it becasue its blood contact.
Reply 22
strange....i didnt think anyone did this but i bet its all coming out now.
i still wouldnt let my boyfriend and im sure he wouldnt want to either.
Reply 23
err, well I find i always get horny whenthe painters are in, so if my boy doesn't mind then fine, but if he does then fine also. Showers can be fun tho
Reply 24
segat1
err, well I find i always get horny whenthe painters are in

hahahaha i like the way you put that.....when the painters are in
segat1
Showers can be fun tho

when i'm on, we find that's the best way to avoid mess, and luckily the shower in my halls is really big!!
Reply 26
oh my.
haha
fair enough.
Reply 27
fiesty_fox
Therefore should wear a condom no matter what
Yeh i just thought there is a higher risk of catching it becasue its blood contact.

for a start, period matter isn't actually mainly blood anyway, its just mucus and womb lining with a tiny bit of blood, and yes there would be a risk but only as high as if you were having unprotected sex any day of your cycle, the risk isnt higher if you;re on your period.

also, i think sex when you have your period is a bit gross, but not really that much grosser than the usual excretions involved during sex like sperm etc, its all natural body stuff and i guess its up to the couple to decide. some guys are totally grossed out by it but some arent.
Reply 28
I have sex with my girlfriend when she is on her period, obviously she decides when it’s ok to do it, obviously I wouldn’t do it when she was heavy or anything. Most people ive spoken to about it, when its come up does the same.
Reply 29
hmm i still think its gross.
i guess it seems alot of people do it :confused:
gah tried it with my ex... eww of course we used condoms..(and a towel underneath) :s: it was pretty off putting for me, its just it was long distanc and it had been about 2 months so we tried it.. never again
Reply 31
One of my friend's friend had sex with his gf when she was on her period, and then mixed the blood (from her) and his sperm together in a bowl and put some harribos in it and took a picture and made it his msn screen picture...

(yes you may throw up)
Reply 32
:eek: eurgh ok some people are sick.
im glad i just finshed eating.
why would anyone wanna do that?
Reply 33
i dont think i would want to have sex when i was on my period, its a time to cuddle up on the sette lol
Apparently some women find sex better when they are on their periods because of increased blood flow to the um, appropriate areas, brought on by cramps etc. And having sex can actually relieve period pain, as its exercise as well!

However Im with xemilyx on this one - fluffy pajamas, housebrick sized bar of Dairy Milk and a good DVD please :rolleyes:
Reply 35
lol. yeh. but yeah, having an orgasm is really good when you have period pains. i think doctors should prescribe that rather than tons of painkillers, much more effective
yeah we've done it..though i dont think he'd admit it to anyone....iv only let him do it when its near the end

put a dark towel on the bed and no sexual gymnastics and your good to go

i have to agree with some of thte girsl above...it often feels better.

the funny thing is hes scared of blood (cant see it in the dark i suppose?)and im not inhibited at all by it when its happening but when he deed is done i get all shy and try and sort out the condom myself because thats asking a bit too much of him!!!
Reply 37
lol same, i get really apolagetic about any mess, i think he gets pretty grossed out, but hey, he wasnt complaining when we were actually doing the deed :wink:
an evil way to have sex when youre on the rag is not tell him and then if theres any mess just act all surprised and say oh im so sorry it must have just started. mwaha!
Reply 38
fiesty_fox
Other people's blood contact with other people's genital = STD

However i am not 100% sure about this, but i know blood and genital conatct during sex is not good

You can try googling it

But you can get an STD from having unprotected sex. if you use a condom, the risks are a lot lower.

personaly, i think its a bit messy. some guys will, and some guys wont.
Reply 39
fruitcake
lol same, i get really apolagetic about any mess, i think he gets pretty grossed out, but hey, he wasnt complaining when we were actually doing the deed :wink:
an evil way to have sex when youre on the rag is not tell him and then if theres any mess just act all surprised and say oh im so sorry it must have just started. mwaha!

haha lovely!

Latest