The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmah629
I agree with your theory, which is why I wish I hadnt done it now. Nevermind. Was thinking of asking Lynda about it but im not sure if thats such a good idea . . .

Where have you applied to this year?

Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, RVC. :redface:
Reply 341
Original post by hegm16
serious BMAT breakdown this morning! Words can't even describe my hate for Physics!

The thought of doing a BMAT literally makes me want to vom... Not only is it the time of year to stalk the postman, but also to have a minor BMAT-related breakdown :smile: it will be over in 2 weeks though!
Reply 342
How are people finding the SAQ and notts questionnaire?
I hate BMAT too :frown:
Reply 343
Original post by hegm16

Original post by hegm16
serious BMAT breakdown this morning! Words can't even describe my hate for Physics!

totally agree, I dropped physics for a reason! :frown:
Reply 344
Original post by Lizzywoo

Original post by Lizzywoo
How are people finding the SAQ and notts questionnaire?
I hate BMAT too :frown:

I'm working my way through the Notts questionnaire now amongst BMAT practice papers, the sooner the 2nd of November is done the better!!
Eugh hate life so much right now!

Pony on box rest post surgery (but I DID get to watch it, and he's recovering nicely so they're big plus's!)
BMAT... need I say more?!
The male race are quite frankly doing my head in, as are my family.
I hate college
My insomnia is back with a vengence!
People keep uploading uni photos and making me jel :frown:

But heyho - what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!!!
Reply 346
Original post by ILurfSmurf
Eugh hate life so much right now!

Pony on box rest post surgery (but I DID get to watch it, and he's recovering nicely so they're big plus's!)
BMAT... need I say more?!
The male race are quite frankly doing my head in, as are my family.
I hate college
My insomnia is back with a vengence!
People keep uploading uni photos and making me jel :frown:

But heyho - what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!!!

Cheer up :smile: we all feel crap sometimes! It's the applying-to-vet-school syndrome!
Original post by scar-man
totally agree, I dropped physics for a reason! :frown:

I stayed with a friend at Hull this weekend and went to a Quantum Physics lecture with her yesterday morning. Haven't done physics since Year 11. :biggrin:
I was going to post this on the main thread, but then I thought I'd be better asking here.

On the Nottingham questionnaire, us re-apps don't need to fill in AS results because they're declared on our UCAS form, right? (Because it says "in the last academic year", ie not cashed in.)

Just checking what you guys are doing! :redface:
Reply 349
Original post by gernumblies
I was going to post this on the main thread, but then I thought I'd be better asking here.

On the Nottingham questionnaire, us re-apps don't need to fill in AS results because they're declared on our UCAS form, right? (Because it says "in the last academic year", ie not cashed in.)

Just checking what you guys are doing! :redface:

When I applied there during my gap year I put them in anyway. Though I a) had a further maths AS that wasn't there before and thought it looked lonely and b) got rejected so may not be a good example.

I'm not sure it matters either way as they can see your A2 results which carry far more weight.

Good luck!
Original post by AdamKr
When I applied there during my gap year I put them in anyway. Though I a) had a further maths AS that wasn't there before and thought it looked lonely and b) got rejected so may not be a good example.

I'm not sure it matters either way as they can see your A2 results which carry far more weight.

Good luck!

Thanks!
Don't you just love re-applying -.-
Its like a never ending list of things to do...but its all in the name of becoming a vet (YAYY) :smile:
Has anyone had the WES from Liverpool yet? I had a mini panic attack yesterday when I saw people talking about "the WES" on the other thread, thinking Liverpool had decided I wasn't even good enough for that, but turns out it was the one for Edinburgh PHEW.
x
Nope dont think Liv have sent WES' yet! My emails have died so cant tell you the date from last year but i'm sure it wasnt for another week or 2

BMAT tomorrow - eugh! Fairly certain i'm going to fail it, but hey ho just going to do my best

Once its all over I shall post you some pictures of my horses surgical incision - I was really impressed with how neat it is!!!!
Reply 353
Anyone heard anything? I'm bored of waiting already :frown:
Reply 354
Original post by scar-man
Anyone heard anything? I'm bored of waiting already :frown:

Not a peep :frown: ibet it will stay quiet for a bit and then all of a sudden we'll have too much to talk about with interviews and offers! lol
Reply 355
Glasgow interview. :smile: Has anybody else heard anything yet?
I've not had the Liverpool questionnaire, but unlike last year I got a postcard from Nottingham after they recieved my questionnaire.

Had an interview at Harper Adams yesterday for Animal Health and Welfare, and was given an unconditional offer in the interview, so me and the Animals department course manager are best buddies now. :woo: (They seemed quite keen to get me on to Biovet instead.)

Finally somewhere wants me!
Reply 357
Is it a bad thing not getting a postcard back from Nottingham having sent my questionnaire off 2 weeks ago??
Reply 358
Original post by Marley13
Glasgow interview. :smile: Has anybody else heard anything yet?

Yay! Congrats and snap! :biggrin: Soooo nervous about the 5th now!!! When's your interview?
I've not had the Liverpool questionnaire, but unlike last year I got a postcard from Nottingham after they recieved my questionnaire.

Had an interview at Harper Adams yesterday for Animal Health and Welfare, and was given an unconditional offer in the interview, so me and the Animals department course manager are best buddies now. (They seemed quite keen to get me on to Biovet instead.)

Finally somewhere wants me!

Hiya,

Congratulations on your unconditional! That's great :smile: Hope you don't mind me asking, but on Wednesday, within the group of animal course applicants, were you in the group who were interviewed first, or the group who had the tour first?
I was in the group who were interviewed first, and I remember a couple of people coming back with unconditionals straight off. Were you one of these?!

Congrats again! Sorry for the long winded question. Haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending