The Student Room Group

Love shy guys :)

Please don't move mods I would like people to choose to go anon if they wish.:redface:

When I was reading the "I'm too ugly" thread and OP mentioned BDD I was wondering if I had that since I have depression, anxiety and low self esteem when it comes to the way I look I hate looking at the mirror and taking pictures with friends because I always look like crap even though people say I'm pretty but I don't believe them since I've never had a boyfriend. :frown:
But the guy I like is painfully shy, I'm shy too but I do talk to him mainly about work but sometimes he looks pissed off so I don't talk to him then :frown: (so I wanted to know more about his behaviour)

Anyway I was searching about it and came across "Love shyness" because it's linked with anxiety and came across points that might be linked to it.

-mainly have female siblings (I thought it would be the opposite but maybe because they are likely to be more sensitive)
-more violent fantasies
-were very pessimistic and cynical about the world
-were much more likely to believe that nobody cared about them
-Some might stare compulsively at women with whom they were infatuated or even stalk them
-More likely to be friends with females
-frequent feelings of depression, loneliness and alienation
-addictions of various types
-School bullying
-Parental upbringing including verbal abuse, criticism, 'put-downs', negative comparisons
-love shy heterosexual males are assumed to be homosexual, so homosexual guys are likely to make advances on them but they get rejected.

The guy I like even though I don't know anything about his personal life but the things I do know is
- He stares all the time when I see him, where ever we are he's always staring, even though I assume I have something on my face (But I don't mind because I like him anyway :grin:)
-He is mainly friends with females even though he does have male friends but more female ones
-He always looks pissed off, and he normally is on his own which makes my eyes sad :cry2: But he looks pissed off so I don't know if he wants me to go and talk to him even though I do if he's next to me. :love:
-He smokes a lot but could just be the nicotine
-I did thought at first that he was gay but now I realised he's just painfully shy and his gay friend tried it on with him, but he rejected him and stopped talking to him :s-smilie:

But I wanted to know if any other love shy guys especially from painfully shy guys are similar to the points above.

If you're a girl who knows a love shy guy or painfully shy guy your comments are welcome.
:redface:

Please no trolls
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Cool story Bruh

Pics or GTFO
Reply 2
Whut?
Reply 3
Get him drunk & then see how he acts
Reply 4
My balls are aching even worse
Reply 5
I mean... lolwut
I'm a shy guy??:tongue:
Original post by ForeverGold

Anyway I was searching about it and came across "Love shyness" because it's linked with anxiety and came across points that might be linked to it.

-mainly have female siblings (I thought it would be the opposite but maybe because they are likely to be more sensitive)
-more violent fantasies
-were very pessimistic and cynical about the world
-were much more likely to believe that nobody cared about them
-Some might stare compulsively at women with whom they were infatuated or even stalk them I have never stalked
-More likely to be friends with females
-frequent feelings of depression, loneliness and alienation
-addictions of various types
-School bullying (not a lot tbh)
-Parental upbringing including verbal abuse, criticism, 'put-downs', negative comparisons
-love shy heterosexual males are assumed to be homosexual, so homosexual guys are likely to make advances on them but they get rejected.

Me.

*******s.
Reply 8
Ask him for a cigarette. If he says no he's not interested if he gives you one start talking.

Don't just straight up ask him out whatever you do. If he's anything like me (painfully shy) he'll say no whether he like you or not as he'll probably think it's a joke.
Reply 9
Original post by mikeyd85

Me.

*******s.

Finally someone who's being serious :redface:
Reply 10
TL/DR
Reply 11
Original post by BrenLee
Ask him for a cigarette. If he says no he's not interested if he gives you one start talking.

Don't just straight up ask him out whatever you do. If he's anything like me (painfully shy) he'll say no whether he like you or not as he'll probably think it's a joke.

He knows I don't smoke so he'll raise an eyebrow :eyebrow: (like that) thinking 'why is she asking for a cigarette she doesn't like smoking she is very odd' :colondollar:
Just approach him when he's stood there on his own?
Reply 13
Heh, I've got a bit of a thing for shy girls too.. :h:
Reply 14
Original post by vpsycho
Heh, I've got a bit of a thing for shy girls too.. :h:

What do you like about us? :ahee:

Your insecurity, eagerness to please and sugestability mainly.
Reply 16

Oh lots of little things...the only thing I can think of on the top of my head is how mysterious shy girls are. There's actually a girl I'm trying to pursue at the moment but I guess shyness works against me too. :h:

I wish I could get inside their heads and find out more about them though. lol
OK... so let me get this straight. This is who you like?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
He knows I don't smoke so he'll raise an eyebrow :eyebrow: (like that) thinking 'why is she asking for a cigarette she doesn't like smoking she is very odd' :colondollar:

Then he'll probably start talking to you naturally. You can always hand back the cigarette and just tell him it was an excuse to get him talking!
Reply 19
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Your insecurity, eagerness to please and sugestability mainly.

:rofl:

I doubt you know many shy girls if that's what you think. (I'm insecure with my looks but not personality)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending