The Student Room Group

AQA- English Literature at AS Level, Literature B

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lampshade1
27/30 for both, you???

Congrats, I'm really glad the coursework is 40%, its great to have a back up.
I got 30
Reply 581
Original post by AbsolutePotOfKurry
hahaha thanks XD just a back up!

Oh, i was wodnering because my anthology says 2009, 2010, 2011 Examinations
:confused:

Maybe in the future 2012 anthology they might add/remove a few poems?
Original post by racaha
What sort of stuff comes under structure for novels and poems?

Like what are structure points and what are form. Is form the rhyme schemes and meters? If it is, what is structure?!

I hate this exam :cry:

Structure is the order of events, what happens when and why

For novels, wheere does the chapter occur in the novel and why is it significant

For poetry what event comes first and how is it significant.. e.g. Tennyson Lotos Eaters L114-L125 they talk about family before the talk about the island in this bit, symbolising that family is of the past and foreshadowing their decision to stay

Form is rhyme schemes and meters so structure is if its dramatic monologue - what narrative perspective is used..

I hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 583
Original post by Groat
For some reason, I've suddenly lost all confidence in this exam after seeing a full mark script.

Uh oh.

Can i see?! :redface:
Reply 584
Original post by Perseverance

Original post by Perseverance
Congrats, I'm really glad the coursework is 40%, its great to have a back up.
I got 30

wow!!! well done :smile:
Reply 585
Structure is the order of events, what happens when and why

For novels, wheere does the chapter occur in the novel and why is it significant

For poetry what event comes first and how is it significant.. e.g. Tennyson Lotos Eaters L114-L125 they talk about family before the talk about the island in this bit, symbolising that family is of the past and foreshadowing their decision to stay

Form is rhyme schemes and meters so structure is if its dramatic monologue - what narrative perspective is used..

I hope this helps :biggrin:

:yep: Thank you so much. Never has a subject pained me so much. I can't wait for it to just be over. I have to do it next year too though, so I don't know why I'm so excited for it to finish. :sad:
my teacher interpreted form as being basically genre, is this wrong -_-?
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
my teacher interpreted form as being basically genre, is this wrong -_-?

no thats also right :smile:
my teacher suggested talking about how a chapter is narrated for form is that right as well?
Reply 589
Original post by emilyflorence
my teacher suggested talking about how a chapter is narrated for form is that right as well?

Not sure.
The thing i've been taught about form is the 20th century 'a novel about writing a novel', sorry if i'm confusing you.. :L
Original post by emilyflorence

if you mean narrative perspective, then yes :smile:
the point of view, unrealiable narrator, bias.. that revolves around how it's narrated right? If that's what you mean then yes it's form :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by penko
I am. Alongside Auden, Gatsby and Curious Incident - anyone else doing the latter?

My teachers said that for section B, voices, symbolism or how the texts begin might come up - I'm really hoping its not the last one :s-smilie:

I really really hope it is openings! We did our mock on that. Symbolism I guess could be okay. Gatsby - eyes TJ Eckleburg, Mariner - albatross, Tennyson - setting in Mariana, Enduring Love - erm...:s-smilie:

I swear there's hardly anyone doing Mariner! How are you revising it? I'm literally just rereading it now and hoping it will all go in! Sorry to ask but could you tell me how the French Revolution comes into it since I don't get that interpretation at all!
Reply 592
Does anyone have any brief chapter summaries for Enduring Love?
Reply 593
Can't believe all of you know your coursework marks! We got told that you're only allowed to find out on results day with the rest of your grades :confused: :rant:
Reply 594
Original post by S_123
I really really hope it is openings! We did our mock on that. Symbolism I guess could be okay. Gatsby - eyes TJ Eckleburg, Mariner - albatross, Tennyson - setting in Mariana, Enduring Love - erm...:s-smilie:

I swear there's hardly anyone doing Mariner! How are you revising it? I'm literally just rereading it now and hoping it will all go in! Sorry to ask but could you tell me how the French Revolution comes into it since I don't get that interpretation at all!

My teacher said symbolism won't come up as it isn't applicable for all novels and it HAS to be applicable to all.

Aaaah, can you help me on openings for tennyson please? (lady of shallot, mariana)
Reply 595
Does anyone have any brief chapter summaries for Enduring Love?

nope :frown:
are you doing it for section b?
Reply 596
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
nope :frown:
are you doing it for section b?

yeah I am, you?
Reply 597
yeah I am, you?

yeah.. dreading it.. don't know much about EL:frown::frown:
Reply 598
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
yeah.. dreading it.. don't know much about EL:frown::frown:

same, I barely know it...I put off revising it as I hate it so much!
if you mean narrative perspective, then yes :smile:
the point of view, unrealiable narrator, bias.. that revolves around how it's narrated right? If that's what you mean then yes it's form :smile:

Thanks :smile: That is what i meant just not put very well by me haha :smile:

Good Luck

Em x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending