The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Accommodation Applicants 2011: What halls did you get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just wondering.. what type of thing did people put down in the describe yourself section? :|
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by val0501
Just wondering.. what type of thing did people put down in the describe yourself section? :|

Personally, I put my sleeping schedule, my preference for loud/quiet hall/flat, and some interests and hobbies.
Original post by hannah.austin
SNAP! :biggrin:

Name: Hannah
Course: Discrete Mathematics
Preferences: Arthur Vick, Lakeside, Tocil, Rootes, Cryfield
Comments: I'd love Arthur Vick it looks lovely :rolleyes:

That's awesome :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by val0501

I put late retiring but settle down to work when required, how social i am (nervous to begin with). Interests, hobbies, music tastes etc. Wrote a fair bit because i'd like to meet someone similar :redface:
Reply 64
Name: (Nikita) Niki :smile:
Course: Sociology
Preferences: I'm thinking JM, rootes, tocil, westwood, cryfields, whitefields
Comments: Excited! (need to get the grades first though!)
Reply 65
Name: Katie
Course: Euro Law (German)
Preferences: At the moment (I emailed and requested to change after I found out how stupid my application was!)
1 = Rootes
2 = Tocil
3 = Westwood
4 = Lakeside
5 = Off-campus
If they let me make the change I want to:
1 = Lakeside
2 = Tocil
3 = Cryfield
4 = Whitefields
5 = Rootes
Comments (how desperate are you for first preference!): Basically, I changed because I'm not a loud person at all so I don't want to waste my first choice on Rootes - I went on spec, not rep, to start off with! And I decided I'd most like to be at Lakeside even though it's more expensive. Oh, and I don't want to be off-campus whch is why I wasted Rootes as my last choice. At first I thought there weren't any other residences I like, then I changed my mind. At least now I can budget and stuff.
Reply 66
Name: Rachel
Course: Psychology
Preferences: JM, Whitefields, Cryfield, Bluebell, Rootes, Tocil
Comments (how desperate are you for first preference!): Fairly! Really want ensuite (but Bluebell is so expensive!) but sure I will cope if I have to have shared.

Original post by val0501

An essay! I just put what sort of person I am (Sociable, tidy!, etc), what I like to do, how much I go out and stuff like that. I put as much detail as I could to make sure I get put with similar people
Reply 67
I just applied.

First Preference
Arthur Vick ( en-suite - 30 weeks )
2nd Preference
Bluebell ( en-suite - 39 weeks )
3rd Preference
Lakeside ( en-suite - 39 weeks )
4th Preference
Tocil ( shared - 39 weeks )
5th Preference
Cryfield ( shared - 30 weeks )

Anyone doing sociology, feel free to contact me on here, I'd love to chat and get to know people :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by barbershop
Yes Can't Wait !!!!!!!!!
Haven't picked my halls yet, no rush really got until Jully and its not first come first served so not worried about tming of application as such.

Do you know anyone else going to Warwick and for what course?

I only know one guy who got into Warwick to study law. This g is really bright an amkes me feel stupid he's a fellow Cambridge reject.

Suppose I wll just have to get used to it going to a place like Warwick though? Majority of them are oxbridge rejects it shows that we can both at least mingle with the best and gives good reward for our gradees and hard work.

Congratts once again get back soon

Yeah, you're right about the accomodation, but i like to be ridiculously organised :smile:

I know a guy going to Warwick to do Law who's a Cambridge reject too, i wonder if its the same person, that would be wierd...? :smile:

I also know another girl who's going to Warwick next year to do english but apart from that I don't know anyone else going to Warwick, though I do know a few who have been rejected.

I think you're right, I'm gonna have to get used to being the least clever one if I get the grades to go to Warwick, but as you said there are plus points :smile:

I think I'm getting a bit too excited about Warwick now, ironically the thoughts of Warwick seem to be distracting me from revision rather than motivating me.
Hope your revision's going better than mine :smile:
Just applied for mine:
Name: Kris
Course: Maths
Preferences: 1-Rootes, 2-Cryfield, 3-Westwood, 4-Tocil, 5-Whitefields
Comments (how desperate are you for first preference!): I'm not too bothered, as long as I get a bed and a desk I'll be content :smile:
Reply 70
Hi, I was just wondering how strict Warwick are with regards to the Accomodation preferences. I only have 3 preferences, 2 of which are 30 week ensuites, What would happen if I were to only enter these 3 preferences, would they chase me up? or would I lose my accomodation? Has anyone else not followed their preferences criteria?

Thanks

CJ
Reply 71
Name: James
Course: Physics (F303)
Preferences: Arthur Vick, Tocil, Bluebell, Lakeside, Rootes
Comments (how desperate are you for first preference!): Very, I really like Bluebell as well, but that is too expensive to put as a first choice. And i really hope i don;t end up having to live with a resident tutor if i end up in Tocil :s-smilie:
Original post by CJ98
Hi, I was just wondering how strict Warwick are with regards to the Accomodation preferences. I only have 3 preferences, 2 of which are 30 week ensuites, What would happen if I were to only enter these 3 preferences, would they chase me up? or would I lose my accomodation? Has anyone else not followed their preferences criteria?

Thanks

CJ

Simple fact of the matter is, you will not be allowed to go past the submit button. It goes and tells you that you have to fill it right or you can't proceed.
Course: MSc Marketing & Strategy
Preferences: Heronbank, Lakeside, Claycroft, and the ones in Leamington Spa and Coventry with 50 week lets.
Comments: I'll be dissapointed if I don't get Heronbank or Lakeside
Reply 74
Original post by val0501

The more you write, the better - the wardens can learn more about you and the better the groupings will be :h:
Original post by TheTallOne
The more you write, the better - the wardens can learn more about you and the better the groupings will be :h:

Ooops. :s-smilie: thought it was just some random thing, so I put down 2 sentences. Oh well.
Original post by Kidms001

Windsor
Berkshire

Eeee, another Windsor based Warwick-goer! I'm not technically quite inside Windsor, just on the outskirts myself. :3

Name: Luisa
Course: English Literature with Creative Writing (Q3W8)
Preferences: Right now I'm not totally sure, but thinking JM or AV, CF, TO, RR, WF
Comments: I'd be pretty happy to get my first choice, but at the end of the day I know I'll be happy with whatever once I'm settled in. All the accomodation looks really good in comparison to the other Universities I applied for, and it's amazing that so many of them are so close to the SU. =)

Still weighing up whether to chose JM or AV, I'm not quite sure. I've read on the accommodation thread that AV was less sociable, but it looks prettier and has common rooms. Also based on the statistics, I'm more likely to get a place if I put AV xD
Reply 77
Original post by Mouse Potato
Eeee, another Windsor based Warwick-goer! I'm not technically quite inside Windsor, just on the outskirts myself. :3

Niice! Where do you live? Also, which school/college do you go to? I don't recognise Luisa as a name that I've come across (well not spelt that way anyway (no offense)) :redface:
Original post by Kidms001
Niice! Where do you live? Also, which school/college do you go to? I don't recognise Luisa as a name that I've come across (well not spelt that way anyway (no offense)) :redface:

Pm'ing you to avoid shoving my details all over the internet, haha. And don't worry, no offense taken! :biggrin:
Reply 79
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread to post on but...I'm starting the "Clinical Applications of Psychology" MSc in October and don't have a clue where to apply for accomodation...I don't really know if I want to live on campus and I was told Lemmington Spa is a nice place to live as a postgrad, could anyone shed some light on this for me???

I really don't want to live in a boring/quiet area either but don't want a big halls situation?

Quick Reply

Latest