The Student Room Group

What to wear in a club (men)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potential Trigger
Can't believe people still say bloke..

Yeah that's fine.

Thats what I thought. Then I clicked the link and was gobsmached by the fact they actually called it the 'dudes' section.
Original post by lonelykatana
Thats what I thought. Then I clicked the link and was gobsmached by the fact they actually called it the 'dudes' section.

LOL just saw the "dudes" section now :laugh:
Reply 22
Original post by Greg.

Original post by tsr-member
:cool: ohh yeah

EDIT: DAMN, was beaten to it! :wink: shows how much of a win it is though!

Who is this guy?
Striped jumper + chain + ear ring. If you can get a hi-top fade, thats a double bonus for you.

Something a little like this.

Reply 24
Original post by CityTrader
I like to wear a suit, with my turnball & asser shirts, accompanied with my Crockett & Jones Brouges or Tassels (In the summer).....Frankly these Hollister "shirts" are rough and everyone wears them in mediocre clubs, but in the clubs in london everyone wears a suit and a smart shirt.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30739396&postcount=1

You're what? 17? First off, have you ever been to a club? Let alone one in London, people don't all wear suits and shirts. Plus at your age wearing a suit out you'd look like a massive cock end.
i think just a nice tshirt is better than these god damn checked shirts!! especially if you have muscles ;D perhaps a shirt would be better for a smaller frame actually. But yeah id say keep it casual.
Original post by spocckka
Who is this guy?

:eek:

...Barney Stinson off 'how I met your mother'. He's known for his ability to pull women.
Original post by Pendulum
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30739396&postcount=1

You're what? 17? First off, have you ever been to a club? Let alone one in London, people don't all wear suits and shirts. Plus at your age wearing a suit out you'd look like a massive cock end.

In the club I went to of the kings road, pretty much everyone wore a shirt and suit trousers.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I'm sick to DEATH of those damn check shirts. Every time I go out there are tides of boys in check shirts, pouchy blue jeans and those pointy brown shoes.

You and me both. It's been trended for like 5 years now :nothing: Need some variety.
Those check shirts are boring, as is any T shirt with some meaningless big logo from Topman, too many guys wear these and they just look rank average.

The general rule as a male in a club is don't look like a complete idiot. Trying to wear things that are a bit out of the ordinary or 'eyecatching' rarely works, usually it just makes you stand out for the wrong reasons. You want to wear stuff that allows you to blend in, but makes you look a bit classy. I think good advice for a younger male (student age) is try and dress in a way that makes you look slightly older than you are, I don't mean wearing a grandad cardigan and braces, I mean rather than wearing chavvy stuff, wear some smart jeans and a slightly more upmarket, but plain coloured, shirt. Some smart polos look good as well. On the whole though if you are unsure, a plain black or white t shirt with some smart jeans will look fine.
Obviously this

If you can do the carlton dance that's a major plus :wink:
I like to wear a suit, with my turnball & asser shirts, accompanied with my Crockett & Jones Brouges or Tassels (In the summer).....Frankly these Hollister "shirts" are rough and everyone wears them in mediocre clubs, but in the clubs in london everyone wears a suit and a smart shirt.

That's nice, and we all hope that your father enjoys paying for your dry cleaning bill. On the other hand, he's not in London. He's in the counties, going to student club, not a Mayfair bottle pirate festival.

Aren't you you're 17 - and therefore not allowed to drink by law?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33

C&J brogues... very nice, sir. :cool:
People who say SUIT have never been clubbing.

The correct answer is it depends on the event.
Reply 35
Original post by Fields
C&J brogues... very nice, sir. :cool:

The guy's just a massive wannabe IBer bringing his inflated lies from that forum to here, he's 17 and therefore doesn't go to clubs and is just taking the brands that people say are the best and putting them together to sound like he's a City trader.
The thought of wearing a suit at my local clubs... *shudder*

You're such a douchebag wannabe. You're probably 17 and have dreams of going into IB because you think it will make up for your ****ty social life in secondary school.

Trust me... Mayfair clubs are so boring; full of wannabes (like yourself) and just so fake. I know people who go to these places and they're all *****. I'd much rather get down in some dingy underground bass paradise, freaking out to FlyLo, than party with some fake-ass ****ers who think they're rich and important.

Money IS overrated, by the way.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Aisha~~
You and me both. It's been trended for like 5 years now :nothing: Need some variety.

Your sig.... I concur.

Such a great album.
Reply 39
Not if it's that "shirt"

Quick Reply

Latest