The Student Room Group

Very very very Urgent !! ICT concern

Hell all,

I can't seem to know what is included in paper 2 ict which is in friday, today I saw in a past paper that Microsoft access + word + excel + web front page is included, is this true or what?

can anybody tell me what will there be in Paper 2? and also in Paper 3?
Reply 1
CIE exam?
If so, paper 2 is word, access and email
Paper 3 is powerpoint, excel and frontpage
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by asphyxia
CIE exam?
If so, paper 2 is word, access and email
Paper 3 is powerpoint, excel and frontpage

Are you sure?

yes Cambridge exam IGCSE.

If it's only that it would be soo easier for me.

I seem to recall I saw in a past paper that 4 of them are included in one paper...
Reply 3

some help please!!
Reply 4
Yes, I'm sure! Of course, sometimes in paper 2 you have to go to excel to paste a table and make a graph, but that's about it
Reply 5
Original post by asphyxia
Yes, I'm sure! Of course, sometimes in paper 2 you have to go to excel to paste a table and make a graph, but that's about it

then how come I saw excel + word + access + webfront page in paper 2 ?

and i've been told that this year there will be a little of all of them in paper 2 I don't know if its true.
srry i know this is late, but how did the ppr.2 test end up turning out???? :smile:
Reply 7
It was tough ... there was this ISAM error I coudn't figure out how to do it until when I imported it to excel then back to access everything went back according to it.
Reply 8
Sorry to throw this but I did these exams in Febuary and they moved everything around.
Reply 9
lol ... I am doing CIE exams ...
Reply 10
Original post by d.luffy
It was tough ... there was this ISAM error I coudn't figure out how to do it until when I imported it to excel then back to access everything went back according to it.

The ISAM eror is caused by simply opening a database straight in access. It is avioded by importing the file into accesss when you already have a blank database open. You have to be very care full simply opening the file in another format as you can loose data and in a CIE exam with so few marks up for grabs that is really not a good idea.

Congratulation on working out the problem. Two (out of a class of four) couldent work out the problem which poped up on the exam accounts.
Reply 11
Original post by crazycots
The ISAM eror is caused by simply opening a database straight in access. It is avioded by importing the file into accesss when you already have a blank database open. You have to be very care full simply opening the file in another format as you can loose data and in a CIE exam with so few marks up for grabs that is really not a good idea.

Congratulation on working out the problem. Two (out of a class of four) couldent work out the problem which poped up on the exam accounts.

I added the data in excel when I couldn't do it, then I went back to design view I saw what I saved went back to default so I had to do it again, I think what I did is okay, but thanks for the help it really did show me how to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending