The Student Room Group

FP1 June 11 Edexcel - Paper and Model answers in the FIRST post.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Model Answers, I will add more over the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for the upload, but is there any mark scheme to paper A,B,C and D?
Original post by bella0123
Thanks so much for the upload, but is there any mark scheme to paper A,B,C and D?

yeah, the markschemes are in the post above the question papers (post number: 3)
Reply 182
Original post by Ilyas
hope this helps, though im not sure if it is right. I checked different values and it works but I can't simplify it

are we meant to know this? it seems like some sort of next level maths

Thanks but it looks a bit confusing, I should check out page 47 of the textbook like previous poster suggested.
Reply 183
Are most of the June FP1 candidates Further Mathematics A2 or AS students
Original post by S4pool
Thanks but it looks a bit confusing, I should check out page 47 of the textbook like previous poster suggested.

I improved it, please take a look :biggrin: took me quite some time. I made it very easy to understand and I made sense of it :yes:
When you're doing matrix rotations, does a positive angle mean anti clockwise?
Original post by S4pool

im an AS, but it's difficult to tell. I see some A2 people doing it, and some AS people doing it.
Original post by S4pool

Mostly AS, if not, all. I imagine there will be a few A2 students retaking though.
Original post by dnumberwang
When you're doing matrix rotations, does a positive angle mean anti clockwise?

yeah, if the point was, for example (1,-1), the angle would obviously be 45 degrees to horizontal, but you have to stick a minus sign on it because it was clockwise, so it would actually be -45 degrees transformation
Reply 189
Original post by Ilyas
I improved it, please take a look :biggrin: took me quite some time. I made it very easy to understand and I made sense of it :yes:

Ohh I get it now, Thanks!!
Reply 190
Original post by S4pool
Ohh I get it now, Thanks!!

Appreciate the effort :smile:
Who else here finds FP1 quite easy but is stressing over whether Edexcel is going to give us a round house tomorrow, so to speak ?
could you guys tell me whether this exam is in the morning or the afternoon, i have a friend whos doing it and forgot to ask him when it is because we have a biology lesson together in the morning/
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Mostly AS, if not, all. I imagine there will be a few A2 students retaking though.

At our school we do the whole of fm in year 13 so this week i will have had c4, fp1, fp2, fp3 as well as 3 other exams!
Anybody who likes proof questions is not human! Just thought I'd put this out there, they are literally impossible and I've got 95+ UMS in all my other Maths exams ;P
Reply 195
Original post by helenlouise123
At our school we do the whole of fm in year 13 so this week i will have had c4, fp1, fp2, fp3 as well as 3 other exams!

That sucks, Good luck anyways!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tomlester93
Anybody who likes proof questions is not human! Just thought I'd put this out there, they are literally impossible and I've got 95+ UMS in all my other Maths exams ;P

Proof by induction is the only good part of FP1!

Complex numbers are dull, matrices are ****, parabolas and things are ok, and the sigma things are rubbish too
Reply 197

Complex numbers are dull, matrices are ****, parabolas and things are ok, and the sigma things are rubbish too

Whoa. Parabolas are ok but matrices are ****? You have some wierd taste going on there.

I have full on love for Matrices and Vectors, just wait til you hit FP3 :tongue:

Dull, but easy! I really don't get it, fancy helping me? I know you test for n=1, then assume true for n=k, and then put k+1 in... then i'm stuck!
is this exam in the morning or afternoon? im not doing this exam but im wondering as my mate is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending