The Student Room Group

FP1 June 11 Edexcel - Paper and Model answers in the FIRST post.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prince_azn
hey guys
Im gonna do fp1 from now on but i dont have the book. could somebody pls scan the chapters 2 and 3 pls and attach it. I would be very grateful. I really want to stand out from the others because I want to do it in January. Otherwise I have to do it in june. Only good students are allowed and i dont get the book before september.

try searching for the torrent might find it on there :wink:
Reply 401
Original post by Arsey
My predictions for the grade boundaries are as follows

75 = 100ums
68 = 90ums
61 = 80ums
54 = 70ums
47 = 60ums
40 = 50ums
33 = 40ums

Actual - 1 out again

75 = 100ums
68.5 = 90ums
62 = 80ums
53 = 70ums
44 = 60ums
36 = 50ums
28 = 40ums
Omg got 100
Reply 403
start of jan 12 discussion
Reply 404
Original post by Arsey

any predictions arsey? particularly what will be asked in the proof by induction.

And is there an S2 thread for January? Can't see it anywhere.
Reply 405
I haven't even started revising yet! 45 days until the exam. Oh well, FP1 isn't that bad... surely shouldn't take long to do all the past papers. My main worry is S2 as I don't know the definitions that would satisfy the mark scheme.
Reply 406
Hi,
When doing matrices, how is a rotation of -90 from (0,0) is represented by (TOP LEFT 0, BOTTOM LEFT -1, TOP RIGHT 1, BOTTOM RIGHT 0) - surely this is +90? I would want to write the answer as (TOP LEFT 0, BOTTOM LEFT 1, TOP RIGHT -1, BOTTOM RIGHT 0). Im really confused but it was in one of the mark schemes and the question defo said -90 (Its question 6 of practise paper A) so I must be wrong but I don't understand - could someone please explain thanks :smile:
Reply 407
Original post by CharrrrxD

Hi,
When doing matrices, how is a rotation of -90 from (0,0) is represented by (TOP LEFT 0, BOTTOM LEFT -1, TOP RIGHT 1, BOTTOM RIGHT 0) - surely this is +90? I would want to write the answer as (TOP LEFT 0, BOTTOM LEFT 1, TOP RIGHT -1, BOTTOM RIGHT 0). Im really confused but it was in one of the mark schemes and the question defo said -90 (Its question 6 of practise paper A) so I must be wrong but I don't understand - could someone please explain thanks :smile:

It is always assuming ANTI CLOCKWISE, so -90 degrees becomes +90deg clockwise.
Reply 408
Thanks :smile: but I'm still confused, I get what you mean but I have never had this problem before when doing matrices questions =/ so everytime it says rotate it is assuming anti clockwise? Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 409

Thanks :smile: but I'm still confused, I get what you mean but I have never had this problem before when doing matrices questions =/ so everytime it says rotate it is assuming anti clockwise? Thanks for your help :smile:

Essentially, yes. If it is not stated, then assume it is anti-clockwise. If it is stated, then obviously, do what it says.
Reply 410
thanks for your help :smile:
For Practise Paper A, should the answer to 1a) be c = 10 rather than c =1 :/
Reply 412
Original post by Beresford George

Original post by Beresford George
For Practise Paper A, should the answer to 1a) be c = 10 rather than c =1 :/

I think so!
I'm doing FP1 this june not Jan. Is it very difficult? How long to finish the book properly? :smile:
Original post by Extricated
I'm doing FP1 this june not Jan. Is it very difficult? How long to finish the book properly? :smile:

It is not easy, requires you to work hard to achieve a good grade. The boundaries are very high, which means you have to be very well prepared. FP1 must be taken for AS Further Maths, or for the A-Level alongside either FP2 or FP3. Some of the topics in FP1 are extended in either FP2 or FP3. It's well worth studying AS Further Maths as universities like to see it. Proof by Induction is not so easy for alot of friends, most do this paper in June.
:colone:
Original post by Legendary

LOL :colone::colone::colone:
Reply 417
Original post by Legendary

my brudda whats with the :colone:

you buzzing brudddda? :tongue:

FP1 june was easy.....gave it the treatment you give to most of your exams :cool:
Original post by Arsey

Will you be posting solutions at midnight?
Reply 419
Original post by snow leopard
Will you be posting solutions at midnight?

:yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending